Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 1st June 2011, 13:05   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Urgent buy : Sedan - OTR closest to 8 Lac

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st June 2011 at 16:42.
mondymk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2011, 13:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
How about the Linea T-Jet? Again, do not know the OTR price in Delhi.
The Linea Tjet costs upwards of 11L OTR in bangalore, and 10+ OTR in Delhi, so can be ruled out considering an 8L budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Manza and etios, the consensus has been reached between the influencers and users, that they really dont cut it in the looks department.
However, the fully loaded Linea 1.4 emotion pack should be available for under 8.5L OTR so that is also worth a look. My other suggestion would have been Etios VX which would be under 8L. (but no comments since you mentioned looks department)

Last edited by KarthikK : 1st June 2011 at 13:31.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Based on your budget and requirements I would recommend either the Vento or the Chevy Optra.
If the line has not been drawn at a sedan (separate boot) why not take a TD of the Jazz X? Considering the abysmal sales of all Hondas, discounts may be on offer too.
I am no expert on dogs, but the boot is big enough for a medium sized one for short travel, and it isnt cutoff from the rest of the cabin either.
For longer drives, magic seats will offer a larger space too.
Just my $0.02
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:48   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he's, basically(i will be dead if he reads this), a senior citizen now, who still drives around occasionally, but now this will be an everyday driven vehicle, if only for short jaunts.
If not for the 8L budget, I would have suggested that you get Billy an auto box equipped car. As the years roll on he would appreciate it more and more.

Take a look at the ANHV (all new Hyundai Verna) you may just get that auto box too and not to far off from the intended budget.

Selfdrive above has actually given a very good suggestion. Jazz is a dream to drive and yes the dogs would love it too. Do check it out and if it has an auto box it should be a done deal, actually without the auto box too

Last edited by khoj : 1st June 2011 at 13:55.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Based on your budget and requirements I would recommend either the Vento or the Chevy Optra.
If the line has not been drawn at a sedan (separate boot) why not take a TD of the Jazz X? Considering the abysmal sales of all Hondas, discounts may be on offer too.
I am no expert on dogs, but the boot is big enough for a medium sized one for short travel, and it isnt cutoff from the rest of the cabin either.
For longer drives, magic seats will offer a larger space too.
Just my $0.02
3-box is the cutoff...
But i will bounce the idea of the jazz.
But VFM just doesnt cut it for the Jazz, sorry.

About the dogs....i have a 23carat hunch you dont own one.
These dogs especially, they would kick you out of even the driver's seat if they could.
boot?
trying to put them there, we'd end up with a hatch, and a big metal box.

PS: verna and optra in now too!
gonna be a busy weekend of TDs, it seems.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 13:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

I have to go with anshuman on this. It has to be either Etios or Fiesta in that price point.

I may also think about Honda City, which is another proven car for reliability and fun.
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:08   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3-box is the cutoff...
But i will bounce the idea of the jazz.
But VFM just doesnt cut it for the Jazz, sorry.

About the dogs....i have a 23carat hunch you dont own one.
These dogs especially, they would kick you out of even the driver's seat if they could.
boot?
trying to put them there, we'd end up with a hatch, and a big metal box.
Yeah, I already said I am no expert, so dont own one either!

I dont remember seeing VFM in your original list of requirements, and in any case would VFM mean something like the Manza or Etios?

Why do you think the Jazz is not VFM, because it technically does not have a separate boot?!

EDIT: No offence meant, just that I get that answer a bit; I would like to understand why you think it isnt VFM

Last edited by selfdrive : 1st June 2011 at 14:19.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I have to go with anshuman on this. It has to be either Etios or Fiesta in that price point.

I may also think about Honda City, which is another proven car for reliability and fun.
I also wished for the city.
I am trying to push the fiesta, but the sheer honda bullet-proof nature is a big draw.
after all, i do have to consider that its not for my own self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Yeah, I already said I am no expert, so dont own one either!

I dont remember seeing VFM in your original list of requirements, and in any case VFM would mean something like the Manza or Etios?
Why do you think the Jazz is not VFM, because it technically does not have a separate boot?!
the jazz, no, because it seems overpriced.
I see you have one, so please ignore my comments if they offended you.

VFM is implied if you put down a checklist which includes practicality, looks and power in one list, sort of, and expect the vehicle to score at least average in each.

for looks, etios and manza did not make it on this list.

Last edited by mayankk : 1st June 2011 at 14:20.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:31   #69
BHPian

All roads lead to the New Hyundai Verna! Stonking European looks, ultimate VFM considering the equipment levels it offers at this price point, no other car comes close. Available in a variety of engines and transmissions to suit your needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
If not for the 8L budget, I would have suggested that you get Billy an auto box equipped car. As the years roll on he would appreciate it more and more.

Take a look at the ANHV (all new Hyundai Verna) you may just get that auto box too and not to far off from the intended budget.

Selfdrive above has actually given a very good suggestion. Jazz is a dream to drive and yes the dogs would love it too. Do check it out and if it has an auto box it should be a done deal, actually without the auto box too
'Billy' as khoj would like to call him *nice one * will surely appreciate the auto-box. It will be a delight for him to drive around the city in the traffic, but yaa that would mean extending the budget.

Optra is outdated, under-equipped in front of the verna. I say go for the fluidic
n:CorE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
next favourite was the city, but gain, may be beyond 8Lacs by a fair amount.
Honda City E-MT is available for 8, 36,000 OTR, on offer from Ring Road Honda, Peeragarhi, Delhi. Recently one team-bhpian has booked the car and shared details in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...thread-97.html (The "I Booked my Car" Thread) post # 1449.

I will suggest you to ask your FIL to at least TD the car.

If Honda City is not liked by him then Toyota Etios is the best option as suggested by anshuman.

Last edited by bluevolt : 1st June 2011 at 14:41.
bluevolt is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:38   #71
BHPian

mayank, if you are ruling out diesels then the Optra may not be that wise a choice.
Your FIL is going to be driving himself and rear seat is not a concern you say.
You said you can go upto 9 OTR right? Then why not wait for the all new Fiesta? It should fit nicely in your budget. You own the old Fiesta and I don't need to tell you how rewarding it is to drive one. And the new one is supposedly even better.

Last edited by niranjanrvce : 1st June 2011 at 14:39.
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 14:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
mayank, if you are ruling out diesels then the Optra may not be that wise a choice.
Your FIL is going to be driving himself and rear seat is not a concern you say.
You said you can go upto 9 OTR right? Then why not wait for the all new Fiesta? It should fit nicely in your budget. You own the old Fiesta and I don't need to tell you how rewarding it is to drive one. And the new one is supposedly even better.
too long a wait, nothing concrete coming in about dates(at least going by the NFF thread)
and quite sure the waitlist is gonna be huge, yours truly included on it...
though, why not optra?

Upto 9 lac would be a stretch brother, and if it can be avoided, so it will be...
Old 1st June 2011, 14:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
too long a wait, nothing concrete coming in about dates(at least going by the NFF thread)
and quite sure the waitlist is gonna be huge, yours truly included on it...
Join the queue please . I just realized your thread says 'urgent'; my bad. I guess that rules out the Etios too (4-5 months waiting?).
Quote:
though, why not optra?
The Optra is a brilliant car in its diesel avatar. But the petrol seems to be an uninspiring drive. Although I have heard the later 1.6 was an improvement over the old 1.8. Also, its old in the tooth as well now.
If you don't mind a dead rubbery steering then Verna might make the cut!
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the jazz, no, because it seems overpriced.
I see you have one, so please ignore my comments if they offended you.
VFM is implied if you put down a checklist which includes practicality, looks and power in one list, sort of, and expect the vehicle to score at least average in each.
for looks, etios and manza did not make it on this list.
No offence taken; choice is purely subjective

You may want to check this excellent informative thread by smartcat and consider the features that seem practical to you:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-ranking.html (Sedans Under Rs. 12 Lacs - A Quantitative Ranking)

Keep us updated!
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 15:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am kind'a surprised that no one here has recommended the ANHV except me!!
Why is that? I think the New Verna would beat Manza and Etios on mostly all important criteria except the space.
And, it's also within the 8L OTR budget. Though the 1.6 Petrol would be a good buy, but even 1.4 Petrol with 100 odd Bhps under the hood would be a decent buy for your FIL.
I would have also recommended the Fiesta Classic first thing, but then yes, it's been here for too long and assuming that your FIL is not particularly all praises about the Fiesta's handling, the new Verna would keep him in good spirit.
I have not specifically studied the equipment list in the new Verna, but isn't it above the competition!!(unless the New fiesta is launched, that is).
I have a strong hunch, for the new Verna, though ANHC and FC1.6 would be a good competitor.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote