Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th June 2010, 12:45   #1
BHPian

Default Help Deciding Me a Car between 9-11lakhs

Hi to all,

Am new to Team-bhp tried searching a thread on the above topic but could not find it.So posted a completely new topic.

I am in a dilemma here I have a 2007 Lancer(P) which now its getting replaced by my fathers company.Company has given dad a budget of 9-11lakhs.
I would like to get a car which can replace my lancer in each and every area very well Dad prefers an automatic considering the amount of traffic in Mumbai these days.

Options Available:-

ANHC-Found the comfort and driver seating position very good although found rear little bit on the cramped side.TD remains as the Apex honda people told the TD vehicle is not available.

Verna-Although looks a good package but I dont like the looks of the new verna transform and dad in general does not like it.So this out of option.

Fiesta 1.6S-Very very nice car but cramped at the rear and comparatively less snob value than lancer too.

SX4-No offence to SX4 owners but I dont like this car so totally out of option.

Dont know what to buy the car has to be bought by July end as lancer will be going around that time.

Please help.
thanks
jatinpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 13:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

If it has to be Petrol, The Honda city(ANHC in T-Bhp language) is absolutely the best car this side of 10lac Rupees. You can also wait for the VW Vento, which is expected to be launched soon.

Low GC In ANHC when loaded can be a concern though.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 14:25   #3
BHPian

You can also consider the Chevrolet Cruze Automatic. It is a nice car with good interiors.
nishant_242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 14:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
You can also consider the Chevrolet Cruze Automatic. It is a nice car with good interiors.
He is looking for a car in budget range of 9-11lacs, Cruze Auto costs 16.23 Lac Rupees OTR Mumbai.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 15:31   #5
BHPian

IMO go for the ANHC, it is the best car in this price range. The VW Vento will take some time to come and I doubt whether they will launch the AT version initially.
harishnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 20:29   #6
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2010 at 12:45.
rupinder is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 27th June 2010, 21:25   #7
BHPian

Dude you yourself are wanting a ANHC. go for it.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 21:27   #8
BHPian

ANHC Automatic is the choice.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2010, 21:46   #9
BHPian

@jatin-if you want a petrol nothing beats the honda city automatic.
if you want a diesel and specifically automatic then go in for a verna auto matic
and if you are not specific about automatic and want a stonker then go in for the optra magnum.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 10:18   #10
BHPian

ANHC-AT is the best bet for your requirement. This is the only car that comes with 5 speed AT with paddle shifts in it's class.
I am surprised to hear that you felt the rear seats in ANHC is a bit cramped. Infact as many would agree ANHC has the best rear seat confort in it's segment. Some even bet that it's better than some of the cars in the segment higher.

If you could stretch your budget, I would be happy to recommend Corola for your dad.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 11:08   #11
BHPian

Just take a TD of Optra magnum. Personally, I think there is no other engine/ride at that price that beats this. I was in a huge dilemma till last december to decide on my car until I drove this one. 121 bhp and an all independant gas shocks supporting a 1.5 tonne chasis coming at 10L on road is definitely an excellent VFM.
In fact i test drove all the other cars (Verna, Fiesta, Linea, Manza) once again before I made a payment on this.
I would have picked up Verna had it come with Airbags.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 12:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
ANHC-Found the comfort and driver seating position very good although found rear little bit on the cramped side.
@Jatin,
The rear seat comfort was the very reason I went for ANHC. I was used the comfort that Vista provides (which my Dad owns); so I was very meticulous on this when it came choosing. I am a 6 footer plus as like my Dad, so during the TD I ensured to adjust the drivers seat as per my comfort specs and then check my Dad's comfort when he sits behind me. To my surprise not only he was comfortable but also had ample head space to spare. I then carried out the TD on twisted roads to get the overall experience of ride and comfort (eg: Taljai-shakaarnagar in Pune where you can really twist and turn at reasonable speeds to judge the vehicle handling).
To summarise I was very happy with the back seat comfort that ANHC offered.
I would strongly suggest you to have a TD of ANHC, please be sure the TD vehicle is not very abused one with its 1000's of handlers which may impact your overall impression about ANHC.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 14:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ANHC-Found the comfort and driver seating position very good although found rear little bit on the cramped side.TD remains as the Apex honda people told the TD vehicle is not available.
IMHO, City has the best rear seat out of all <11L cars. I am not sure what you are comparing it with.

In that range ANHC AT would be the best car to choose. If you can stretch your budget go for Corolla.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 14:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what Sylvan said. The Optra Magnum is a true highway rocket combined with a city sedan in one. One drive and you are bound to be floored by it. Give it a go before you sign the dotted line.

Also, it comes with the 3 year GM maintenance package to boot.
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2010, 15:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know what to buy the car has to be bought by July end as lancer will be going around that time.
I think you should hang on for a couple of weeks as the Vento is supposed to be out by then. Gives you one more option to look at closely before you decide.

Last edited by suman : 28th June 2010 at 15:13.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote