Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:10   #61
BHPian
 
thewhiteknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Poona
Posts: 101
Thanked: 199 Times
Default

hey aalaap, any updates on this. I am looking at getting a lancer too but wondering if it's going to cause me too much heartburn in the maintenence dept. let me know how this pans out.

Last edited by thewhiteknight : 3rd December 2009 at 10:16. Reason: Edit: saw this thread is 2 yrs old. I'm looking to get a lancer and wonder if it worth 2L now and which model
thewhiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 08:16   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
prince_pervez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Redwood shores, CA, USA
Posts: 4,205
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
hey aalaap, any updates on this. I am looking at getting a lancer too but wondering if it's going to cause me too much heartburn in the maintenence dept. let me know how this pans out.
Lancer spares and maintenance bills are expensive. IFF done at a Mitsu service station w/ OEM parts. If you can cope with it then go for it. Its a swell car to own. Check for Viduts threads on his SFXi. Will clear many of your doubts.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 18:06   #63
BHPian
 
somubj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Lancer spares and maintenance bills are expensive. IFF done at a Mitsu service station w/ OEM parts. If you can cope with it then go for it. Its a swell car to own. Check for Viduts threads on his SFXi. Will clear many of your doubts.
This is a misconception, Lancer is not at-all expensive to maintain compared to other cars in its segment. i own one for 5 years now and i never paid any hefty bills. Moreover, the engine is super reliable, my car has touched 97k and still no problem with that. All that i have done recently after these many miles on the odo is a change of suspensions and clutch plate, rest all is still in good shape. Following is what a regular service costs: 1. Air filter change: 200-300rs 2. Oil filter change: 150-200rs 3. Engine oil change: depends on what oil you want 4. Top-ups for others which if required: 100-200rs That's it. All parts are not expensive as well. Check the new rate list that is posted on some other thread here. It's just the age old reputation that is killing the image of lancer and it is called "a high maintenance car". It was a high maintenance car when it was launched but now it is manufactured and assembled in India. Also, parts are readily available at any HM service station, availability is no concern since the car is still in production. (if you are comparing the prices to non-oem parts, then barring some exceptions, we all know how reliable can they be) Also, Vidut's thread that you are referring to can be an exception, we have similar threads for most of the cars on tbhp. That thread is not a benchmark of it at all. Also, you can't compare the build quality of lancer to any maruti, it doesn't have cheap plastics anywhere. Cheaply manufactured parts are cheap to buy (no offenses here, i own a swift as well and this is my personal observation.) Lancer is slightly outdated car now, but still looks good in design and has features like electrically adjustable mirrors, seat adjustments, tilt steering. Not to mention the unlimited possibilities of exterior modifications - no esteem can compare to a lancer, not even in dreams. Cheers! (Just realized that the last post was long time back, but felt like putting my thoughts here.)
somubj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 23:00   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vizag
Posts: 1,982
Thanked: 1,338 Times
Default

Somubj, very well said. I can vouch for super-reliability of Lancer. I have a 2000 model diesel Lancer which has made hundreds, yes repeat hundreds of out of town runs. the odod stands at 1.6 lakh KMs and it still runs like new. absolutely no issues. Only, windshield got some scratches and shockabsorber seem to have hardened up a bit. still no suspension rattles.

Ok, I am thinking of changing my car but only because i am bored with it. after all you need a change in life, don't you? how long can you keep using the same car over and over and over again, no matter how good it is?
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 23:45   #65
BHPian
 
somubj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Somubj, very well said. I can vouch for super-reliability of Lancer. I have a 2000 model diesel Lancer which has made hundreds, yes repeat hundreds of out of town runs. the odod stands at 1.6 lakh KMs and it still runs like new. absolutely no issues. Only, windshield got some scratches and shockabsorber seem to have hardened up a bit. still no suspension rattles.

Ok, I am thinking of changing my car but only because i am bored with it. after all you need a change in life, don't you? how long can you keep using the same car over and over and over again, no matter how good it is?
Same here, planning to buy a jeep and head for some adventure. wish lancer had a 4x4, short chasis and better ground clearance :-).
somubj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 21:50   #66
BHPian
 
DudeWithaFiat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kochi/TVM
Posts: 326
Thanked: 373 Times
Default Re: Lancer in 2L? Makes sense anymore?

Hey, bumping up an old thread guys.

I am looking at buying a used Lancer (diesel, ofcourse ) myself. I have seen Lancers with over 1.5L km on the odo running pretty good. What are the major expenses I am looking at if I am able to pick a neat Lancer from the market in Bangalore now?
DudeWithaFiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Road Sense and No Sense of responsibility iceman91 Street Experiences 183 7th March 2016 19:05
Another Car-What Makes Sense,A nano,Or a Polo? akshay4587 Hatchbacks 15 17th July 2011 13:46
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense. sidindica The Indian Car Scene 469 5th September 2010 12:18
Pondering over the Laura, Magnum makes sense, backup - Scorpio 2009 & other options! manson Sedans 63 2nd April 2009 17:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks