Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 8th August 2010, 22:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sedans:
1) Recently launched Altis D. But somehow I was not comfortable in the rear seats of Altis. Ride quality is nice, but the seats were not that impressive to me atleast.
But worth a look.

2) How about a Manza ? The rear seat recline is equal to the S-class ( read this in OD which was gifted to me ), rear seat space is also very good. Overall when it comes to space, I think Manza has the price-to-space ratio figured out well.
I would say that Manza is the dark horse here.

MUV :

1) Innova. 7 seater Innova is very comfortable with very a composed ride. The Captain's chairs are very comfortable even for long distance travel. The added bonus is practicality.

2) Xylo. The overall refinement might be a notch below Innova, but space, comfort and ride quality are factored in well.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 20:52   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Friend wants back seat comfort? Here goes:

a) Altis diesel or petrol.

b) Hyundai Sonata Transform : Currently has over 1 - 1.5 lakh rupees in discounts. Will fit a little above your friend's budget, but the best backseat in the segment.

c) Tata Manza. Surprised? Don't be. Tell your friend to ignore the badge, and he'll be left amazed. Plus, it would create quite the positive impression on the company (saving them money et al). Bet he'll get a fat bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You can check out the Cruze as well. The back seat comfort is quite nice and it rides quite well and absorbs pot holes quite nicely.
Mobike, the Cruze' rear bench can't hold a candle to the Altis. The Toyota has a better couch, seat angle, leg space, headroom and ride quality.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 23:26   #18
BHPian

Back aches and chauffeur driven?

Get the Innova V Model in diesel with the captain seats. It has the best ride and the best reliability and its great to hand over to a chauffeur. Plus those captain seats are contoured can be reclined.. so it offers the best comfort for the back.

Look no further
acidkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 00:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

While I own an Innova, I would not recommend it for someone who has a very bad back. The ride though not bouncy, is on the stiffer side and if you have a very sore back (I know for I have a slipped disc), you dont want a stiff ride. At the same time, if the slightly firm ride is not an issue, the overall comfort in the innova is very very good with a few miles of legroom thrown in!

Definitely a good place to be if you have sore knees as you can stretch your legs out.

Altis, Sonata or Manza look like good options.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 19th August 2010 at 00:33.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 13:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Friend wants back seat comfort? Here goes:

a) Altis diesel or petrol.

b) Hyundai Sonata Transform : Currently has over 1 - 1.5 lakh rupees in discounts. Will fit a little above your friend's budget, but the best backseat in the segment.

c) Tata Manza. Surprised? Don't be. Tell your friend to ignore the badge, and he'll be left amazed. Plus, it would create quite the positive impression on the company (saving them money et al). Bet he'll get a fat bonus
I agree with you on all above cars. But, Manza is quite a few steps down in segment compared to other two. However, all of them have loads of space at the back and are very comfortable to be driven around in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Mobike, the Cruze' rear bench can't hold a candle to the Altis. The Toyota has a better couch, seat angle, leg space, headroom and ride quality.
Again, I agree. But, I did mention in my original post that Cruze is not better than an Altis. But, sometimes people do like a product that we write off thinking they wont. So no harm in trying
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 15:53   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

I would go for the Altis Petrol. Far less NVH, and peace of mind!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 14:49   #22
VMC
BHPian

I would shortlist the below for your friend

1) Hyundai Sonata Transform.
2) Altis- Petrol
3) Innova- Diesel- make sure it has captain seats.

Make sure you TD the car.
VMC is offline   Reply With Quote