Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd February 2014, 20:41   #16
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Trading in a Hyundai i10 for a seventh-generation Honda Accord 2.4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

1. What is maintenance cost like in a Honda Accord? Not asking FE, but service parts and accident parts. I plan to keep the car for at least 3 years. Also, I honestly think the projected monthly running will go up compared to the i10 - as I'll be swapping it with the Verna more often on my office runs!

2. Any specific wear points that I need to watch out for, when evaluating a car for purchase?

3. What parts are prone to failure?

Any other pointers/suggestions would be helpful.
1) For your running it will not be too high. Just the normal service once a year, or every 5k kms. It costs around 5k with synthetic oil. Parts are more expensive that you would think after paying 4.5l for the car. Though not German spare part expensive.

2) Not that I can think off.

3) Power steering rack.

TD the V6, you are against it, but just try one. With your monthly running it may just be feasible and its so much more fun than the 2.4 even with the A/T. You must take a TD.
Akshay1234 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 13:34   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Accord 2.4 Owners, Need Advice !

In light of the recent discontinuance of the Accord in India, is investing in a used piece a sound decision? I am looking at a 2.4 MT, 2010 Model in Bangalore but was apprehensive of the maintenance and service support from Honda India. The availability and cost of spare parts should not become a headache, is what I am thinking.
Comments invited.
rednikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2014, 21:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
In light of the recent discontinuance of the Accord in India, is investing in a used piece a sound decision? I am looking at a 2.4 MT, 2010 Model in Bangalore but was apprehensive of the maintenance and service support from Honda India. The availability and cost of spare parts should not become a headache, is what I am thinking.
Comments invited.
Any Company once they stop their running models from being sold are required to provide service support for their cars for atleast 10 years, having said that an Accord can be bought without any worries. Moreover, usually people get bored of cars in maximum of about 5 years time. Further, since you are getting the service support and Accord being such a good car, you will still be able to command a price to an extent if you are intending to sell at a later point. However, it may not be the same as what you would have invested. Its a Driver's car, Drive it Enjoy it !!

Owning a Accord myself, its pretty decent to maintain provided you are Car lover, if you are a person who counts too much in terms of money spent on the car then may be Accord is not a car for them.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 08:06   #19
BHPian

Seniors! I need an urgent advice for my 2007 Honda Accord 2.4 Engine. From past couple of days I have been experiencing drop in power and I used to suspect that the broken connector for the ignition coil was the culprit. Took it to Deccan Honda and these guys advised me to go for Honda spark plugs, and strictly guided me never to get the spark plug gap set!?? unfortunately post changing the spark plugs my car is constantly jerking in low RPMs and also experiencing drop in power. Can someone pls advice on the next steps? Also how much should all 4 Ignition coils cost?
LovemyOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 10:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
Seniors! I need an urgent advice for my 2007 Honda Accord 2.4 Engine. From past couple of days I have been experiencing drop in power and I used to suspect that the broken connector for the ignition coil was the culprit. Took it to Deccan Honda and these guys advised me to go for Honda spark plugs, and strictly guided me never to get the spark plug gap set!?? unfortunately post changing the spark plugs my car is constantly jerking in low RPMs and also experiencing drop in power. Can someone pls advice on the next steps? Also how much should all 4 Ignition coils cost?
Not sure about the jerking problem but why are all the ignition coils to be changed at once. I was told by a Honda SA once that only the one which is faulty needs to be changed and not all 4. Always get a second opinion in case Honda comes back with expensive and inflated service/repair costs.
sumeethaldankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 14:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyOHC View Post
This happened with me once, i was instructed it was something to do with loose connectors. I did not inquire much about it, but my car was returned to me with no expenses paid by me. It also happened in another car, same thing. Loose connectors and no expenses paid. To my knowledge it was effectively a wiring issue but i could be wrong. In the Accord, i felt low end jerks. You may or may not have the same problem, but i believe you should take it to a private garage and get a second opinion and a third opinion. The Honda people may be taking you for a ride, the Honda showroom i visit did try to do it with us but they were straightened out and everything is smooth sailing now. So my advice for you is to get another opinion.
Also i have no clue on the ignition coil cost so perhaps someone else could shed light on it.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2016, 14:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
This happened with me once, i was instructed it was something to do with loose connectors. I did not inquire much about it, but my car was returned to me with no expenses paid by me. It also happened in another car, same thing. Loose connectors and no expenses paid. To my knowledge it was effectively a wiring issue but i could be wrong. In the Accord, i felt low end jerks. You may or may not have the same problem, but i believe you should take it to a private garage and get a second opinion and a third opinion. The Honda people may be taking you for a ride, the Honda showroom i visit did try to do it with us but they were straightened out and everything is smooth sailing now. So my advice for you is to get another opinion.
Also i have no clue on the ignition coil cost so perhaps someone else could shed light on it.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I took my car to a private garage where this expert mechanic smelled the exhaust fumes and made some adjustments to the spark plug gap setting. Honda folks had installed the iridium plugs and kept the gap at 32. this guy mentioned that the gap was the culprit. Thankfully a 250 rs fix and my car is back to life. The only small issue now is that I feel slight power loss while I'm on an incline on second gear. Any thoughts?
LovemyOHC is offline   Reply With Quote