Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: which auto car?
Vento Automatic Petrol 36 48.65%
Honda City Automatic 38 51.35%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th October 2014, 00:33   #136
BHPian

Well.. Depends on what you want from a car ? If its soft touch something, automatic something else (read lights, wipers) then u might as well look for a high end electronic gadget... But If you still like driving then try the Europeans...
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 01:01   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Vento as a car is really basic and dated. You dont really get more car for your money, you end up paying for gearbox, engine and the body. The overall package is quite poor.
You also pay for the suspension which feels a lot better sorted although not in the league of Linea and Fiesta, and with ESC- you pay for safety as well.

Agreed with your point regarding features though. I couldn't figure out many interior features in additions to the ones I currently have on my Punto hatchback. City is loaded when compared, however - the VW does cover the basics.

As a package- I would prefer the VW over the City.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 12:45   #138
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento Auto v/s Honda City Auto

That is a very biased generalisation. Drive a Mitsubishi, a Subaru, Nissan Maxima, Altima or for that matter anything from the infinity range, the Type R Civic & a host of other models (not even considering any of the super cars from Nippon) and the whole thing flips over on it's head. Not all Japanese are boxes taking one from point A to B and not all Europeans are driver's cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
But If you still like driving then try the Europeans...
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2014, 14:42   #139
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento Auto v/s Honda City Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That is a very biased generalisation. Drive a Mitsubishi, a Subaru, Nissan Maxima, Altima or for that matter anything from the infinity range, the Type R Civic & a host of other models (not even considering any of the super cars from Nippon) and the whole thing flips over on it's head. Not all Japanese are boxes taking one from point A to B and not all Europeans are driver's cars.
Agree sir. I wish we could buy a Subaru, Nissan Maxima, Altima or for that matter anything from the infinity range, the Type R Civic in India, except for Mitsubishi which apparently is struggling due to its partnership with HM & looks like it may shut shop soon none of the other cars you mentioned are even available here

My comment was strictly for cars available in India & specific to VW Vento Auto v/s Honda City Auto in this thread. Its intent was not be a "very biased generalisation"
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote