Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 5th October 2010, 01:23   #1
BHPian

Default Wanted- Yellow Cedia Sports

I have had enough of my 5 year old Accent GLE 1.5. Especially after the Palio 1.6 experience as my 1st car. Want to know how much would a used Cedia cost in Mumbai? Don't want an older than 3 years make. No other car really excites me to be honest. Fiesta 1.6 is sexy to drive but tad too raised for a sedan of my liking. Any suggestions for a Driver's car other than Cedia in the sub 6L range? Not much is there!! :/
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 02:54   #2
BHPian

markiv, if you are looking for an out and out driver's car go through GTO's thread on the same (second hand). I can't find the link but it's there somewhere here and is pretty exhaustive. IMHO, the Cedia and the Fiesta 1.6 are the best driver's cars in sub 12 lakh category right now. The suspension on the Cedia is an engineering marvel! A good one might be hard to find though.
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 03:10   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the link for GTO's Thread, ARTICLE: The Best (used) Enthusiast cars for 6 lakh rupees! Or less
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 15:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
markiv, if you are looking for an out and out driver's car go through GTO's thread on the same (second hand). I can't find the link but it's there somewhere here and is pretty exhaustive. IMHO, the Cedia and the Fiesta 1.6 are the best driver's cars in sub 12 lakh category right now. The suspension on the Cedia is an engineering marvel! A good one might be hard to find though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thanks guys. I did go through that article earlier. And I agree its just Cedia and Fiesta 1.6 that I am fond of in this range. But not keen on a new Fiesta as its kind of old now. Same for Cedia. So only looking at a used one.
markiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 10:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

Around 6 Lacs - if you are lucky and look hard - you could spot a 2006 Civic.

My friends recently sold his 2007 Manual S Version 40k done Civic for 6.25 lacs and it was in excellent condition. This is in Agra.

I would seriously plonk in an extra 50k and at 6.5 it wold be not too hard to find a Civic.

Cedia's are hard to come about as they never sold well. Although this Month's ACI says you could find one at 3.75 Lacs !!! Give me one at that price and I will buy 1 immediately
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 10:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Around 6 Lacs - if you are lucky and look hard - you could spot a 2006 Civic.

One can now find plenty of civics in Delhi for around 6 Lacs here in Delhi, year change and we are probabaly looking at 5.5lacs. If budget permits, a civic would probably be a better option than cedia as it has a better resale and a better snob value.

My friends recently sold his 2007 Manual S Version 40k done Civic for 6.25 lacs and it was in excellent condition. This is in Agra.

Good availability makes it a same scenerio here in Delhi.

Cedia's are hard to come about as they never sold well. Although this Month's ACI says you could find one at 3.75 Lacs !!! Give me one at that price and I will buy 1 immediately

These were all example of Mumbai and around I believe, with High Milage. In Delhi again, a 2006 cedia sports will easily be available for 3.5 lacs. for the elegance, it will be around 3+.

A 2007 should easily be available for 4lac+ with less milage (max 40k or less).

In may I came across a 2009 black sports with 12k on the clock. The gal, who was a fashion designer was moving to Mumbai and wanted to sell her car. My friend quoted 6.5 for the car but she refused. She might have taken the car to Mumbai.hehe
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 19:55   #7
BHPian

Default Cedia sports

I am also looking for a second Ceida Sports in Chennai.

I need the one with MOMO streering, double din touchscreen system and the black interior. Which year Cedia has these features (Post 2008 Nov or 2009 models)?
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 22:20   #8
BHPian

Momo steering is available in post 2009 models. Cedia is very hard to find. Its usually brought by enthusiasts and will not look to part from them. Delhi and mumbai will see some in markets. But in south, its simply not possible to find one under 6. Better to look for civic as well at the same time. its easier to find one and makes sense to put in an extra lakh or two as civic is 16L OTR and cedia is 10.5L

some chaps like gaurav are just too lucky to end up with one at that price. God bless ur luck man.
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2010, 22:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

THere are a couple of Cedia sports with low milage available in Bangalore. Check Carwale, you just might get a good deal. All the best.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2010, 23:07   #10
BHPian

Thanks for the replies. Civic is my second option and found they are available in good numbers around 7 - 8 L range. But i am not in a hurry and will wait for some more time to check for Cedias. Some of my driving requires terrians which are not so good and for that reason i prefer Cedia over Civiv.

Getting one from Bangalore is not an option for me.
r_devakumar is offline   Reply With Quote