Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:08   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 941
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Buying Swift Diesel after exchanging SX4 ?

Quote:
the best upgrade would be an SX4 diesel coming this month or feb.
Is there any concrete news for this at all....I mean, I have been hearing about this for a long time. Do you have any inside news for me (since you get most of the scoops anyway!)
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:19   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 258
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Buying Swift Diesel after exchanging SX4 ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
However, this will be a compromise on the Boot space.
Anyways he would be "compromising" on boot space by selling sx4 and moving to hatches.
So lets not take this point into consideration during this brainstorming.
subscrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 14:41   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,709
Thanked: 89,166 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Sorry to say, but this is a classic case of being "penny wise and pound foolish". Say, you save 3,000 bucks a month by moving to diesel (thus, 36,000 per year). You stand to lose atleast 2.0 - 2.5 lakh rupees on your SX4 (depreciation, finance foreclosure charges etc.) if you sell it today. Remember, in the first year, a major component of your EMIs is the interest alone.

Heck, your car is only 1.3 years old! It will take you SIX YEARS with a Swift diesel to recover the losses on your SX4. You have 4 options:

- Get a CNG kit

- Drive less

- Use public transportation at times

- Don't bother. There's more to life than kpl
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:32   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 180
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

GTO's post must have cleared all your doubts.

No hi-fi math, no complications. Plain, simple,sensible words.

Go by it friend, you won't regret.
bkbkr1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:36   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,696
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@ Sid - Curious... Who/What is powering it... FIAT 1.6 MJD or VW 1.6 TDi?
It is suspected to be the national engine 1.3 MJD, hopefully 90BHP. IMHO, the 1.6 should also be offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Is there any concrete news for this at all....I mean, I have been hearing about this for a long time. Do you have any inside news for me (since you get most of the scoops anyway!)
Apparently production is supposed to start at the Manesar plant today, do we have someone from that neck of the woods?!
Some more info:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-cards-22.html

Last edited by selfdrive : 3rd January 2011 at 15:37. Reason: Added link to thread
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 00:57   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Not at all a good option my friend. An SX4 is one formidable car. Dont downgrade it.

As someone pointed out, the amount you pay on taxes etc will negate what you think u can save, and not to mention loss on sale etc. If you exchange it with Maruti, you have to see how much they offer for your car. Example, If they offer 5-6 L, then after discounts etc, you pay for whatever balance. Exhange means what they buy your car at.

As for Diesel, dont bet too much on this. You never know when they would bump its price up to market price, if Jairam has his way
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 10:04   #22
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 765
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Looking at the fuel prices, I was also in the same dilemma of seeling my 3 years old SX4 and get a i20/Punto Diesel but changed my mind. Might be when I change my car later I would think going for Diesel.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 12:30   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,696
Thanked: 2,111 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Looking at the fuel prices, I was also in the same dilemma of seeling my 3 years old SX4 and get a i20/Punto Diesel but changed my mind. Might be when I change my car later I would think going for Diesel.
A diesel would make more sense only if you have daily/ higher running. IMHO, apetrol is better if you drive less than 1000 km a month. You should read the thread petrol v diesel on tbhp; I think the number mentioned there is 15K a year. You will otherwise require a longer period for breaking even with the initial extra payment you make for the diesel
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 13:10   #24
BHPian
 
rpmx1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 392
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry to say, but this is a classic case of being "penny wise and pound foolish". Say, you save 3,000 bucks a month by moving to diesel (thus, 36,000 per year). You stand to lose atleast 2.0 - 2.5 lakh rupees on your SX4 (depreciation, finance foreclosure charges etc.) if you sell it today. Remember, in the first year, a major component of your EMIs is the interest alone.

Heck, your car is only 1.3 years old! It will take you SIX YEARS with a Swift diesel to recover the losses on your SX4. You have 4 options:

- Get a CNG kit

- Drive less

- Use public transportation at times

- Don't bother. There's more to life than kpl
GTO, Loved this post., especially the last line. You got me totally as well.

To the OP. Dude, get a life. I have this obession too after moving upto a Fiesta petrol and inwardly sobbing at the mileage.My first car was a FISIFI (an Indica Turbo) and my fuel bills never crossed 2k a month.
Ever since, whenever my-car-drinks-fuel thought would cross my mind, I would remind myself I still haven't spent the extra lakh , and just go for a drive in the car..Both thoughts make me very happy .And well I'm not dirt poor so I don't have to worry about going bankrupt... trust your SX4 has'nt done this to you yet.

Don't sell your car, it is a good one. Try going for the LPG/CNG option but make sure you get the best kit. When you want to have fun, fill it up with Petrol - that's what it was meant for. Check your warranty though.

And let me know your experience when you are done. Don't know when I will indulge these black thoughts of mine. <dream starts> I should have bought a fiesta shell and put an auto rickshaw engine on it.< ends as nightmare> and I wake up suddenly..
,no comments from the experts on why the mileage will be low because the Autorickshaw engine cannot support a 1 ton chassis!!

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th January 2011 at 17:14. Reason: extra smiley removed.
rpmx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 13:15   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

These submissions are from a Fuel Economy/ Cost point of view only.

The higher acquisition cost of a Diesel car and resultant EMI will more or less balance out with the increased cost of running your Petrol driven car. Especially since it is already a year and a half old and you are reaching the 50% point on your EMI's/Loan.

Having a Diesel driven vehicle helps if you run around 50-60 km per day OR if you habitually do an outstation trip or two every month/ quarter.

If your driving is mostly short distances commuting inside the city it doesnt make sense to;
A. lose money by way of depreciation/ re-sale as well as loan fore-closure charges on your SX4 when selling it on now.
B. invest a substantial amount of money on acquiring a new Diesel vehicle (from the economy point of view).
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 05:54   #26
BHPian
 
udayjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry guys for the so late reply, I was busy with some work. I have read all of your comments and suggestion. I really appreciate it.

I take out my car only 3-4 days in a week for local purpose. I travel to mumbai or Delhi every 6 months in my car. Since Nov - 2009 till date, I have traveled only 11k.

The main reason I am changing my car is because of the color. Its metallic Biege. my dream was black or white. but out of no choice I got this color. The other reason can be more comfort and safety, prop0ably 7-8 seater.

The other day I checked with maruti showroom. they have done the evaluation and they offered me 5Lakhs for my old car in exchange of new one + loyalty bonus of 25k.

Currently my car is in EMI with HDFC bank. I have yet to 4 years EMI of 12k every month.

I want to go for SX4 MT or Swift or Innova.

Which will be the best one ?

Option 1:
If I am going with Swift top end Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi 1.2 ABS BS-IV, it comes to around 6Lakhs. If i go with this option, I can save the monthly EMI which I am paying for SX4, Instead I can use that money for petrol.

Option 2:
Buy SX4 MT VVT. comes around 8.15Lakhs.. I am left with paying 2.5Lakhs in EMI.. currently I have to pay 4.5 for 4 years..

Option 3:

I am yet to check with toyota.. How much they are offering for sx4. if they offer me close to 5.5Lakhs.. i will definitely go for Innova low end version.

Option 4:

dont exchange the car. just live with it.
udayjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 11:24   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,132
Thanked: 1,002 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

As you are traveling long distances, please bear in mind that SX4 has one of the best GC, at par with many SUV, so you can travel in peace over minor pot holes, an option not available with other cars. As you annual travel is not much, even with you long trips, diesel makes little sense. In any case if you want diesel then an Innova is the next best option for long distance travel.

As far as colour is concerned, it would be much cheaper to get it repainted by a professional, it is not cheap, but much less than replacing the car. Today there are garages which come very near factory paint quality.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 11:41   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,691
Thanked: 3,864 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
The main reason I am changing my car is because of the color. Its metallic Biege. my dream was black or white. but out of no choice I got this color. The other reason can be more comfort and safety, prop0ably 7-8 seater.


I want to go for SX4 MT or Swift or Innova.
Sorry to say this, but this is completely misaligned with your starting post - Exchanging SX4 for a Swift Diesel. Now the paint job and 7-8 seating capacity is into picture

For your requirements, Swift (in diesel or petrol) does not cater for the seating requirements, and an Innova base trim does not offer any additional safety compared to a SX4.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 14:21   #29
BHPian
 
udayjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 7 Times
Unhappy Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

After all the hassle of paying EMI's, finally I have decided to sell my SX4 Vxi Nov 2009. I have checked with the maruti true value dealer in chennai, they are offering me only around 4Lakhs max, almost all the true value outlets quote the same price. I have covered only 14000 Kms so far.

When I ask them why such a low price for such a excellent car, what they said is SX4 is not such a VFM car, it doesn't have good resale value. But I don't agree with that, I hope guys who reads this will not agree too, am i right ?

I have claimed Insurance once in the car, I have changed left door and front bumper, but I don't think that will make such a big impact on the car pricing.

I am selling the car because i have other plans, instead of spending 12k every month on a car, I can go for a new house, after all shelter is more important than traveling.

I have opted for a loan for 6,00,000, i have paid around 20 installments, 59 still pending. 12k every month. I have requested the bank for some waiver, but they said car loan being a secured loan, they will not waive any money. Is that true ? I have loan from HDFC.

Second thing I would like to know whether I have any other options to sell this car, What would be the expected price for this car by looking at the stats ?
udayjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 15:04   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
anilisanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,435
Thanked: 288 Times
Default Re: Exchanging my SX4 for a Swift diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post



Second thing I would like to know whether I have any other options to sell this car, What would be the expected price for this car by looking at the stats ?
Mate, no offense but you do not require any advice do you? You already made up your mind and are kind of sad that you could not sell your vehicle as per your expectations.
  • You say you want to sell because of soaring fuel prices
  • You say you want a hatch or an SUV (if fuel prices are a problem, why SUV?)
  • You say you want to sell because you don't like a paint job.
Now tell us how exactly you need our help in this regard? You already seem to have made up your mind, so just go ahead why bother with all this waivers on loans and lesser price etc!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Choose: City vs Fiesta Diesel vs Verna Diesel vs Swift Diesel aseem Hatchbacks 21 11th October 2009 17:44
Swift to SX4 - Booking a Black SX4 Zxi - Some queries on Pg3 joy_swift Sedans 68 28th August 2009 16:08
SX4 Petrol / SX4 Diesel (To be launched) / NHC VTEC+ / NNHC (To be launched) ? autoenthusiast Sedans 24 19th June 2008 18:24
Suzuki SX4 or NHC type 1 second hand EDIT: SX4 now booked - EDIT 1 -Swift VDi booked GeekSrik Hatchbacks 126 24th June 2007 12:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks