| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th December 2005, 11:22||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai. Now in BlueBell, PA, USA
Thanked: 0 Times
A VFM Car in 5 to 6.5 L range (On-Road)
I have searched too many forums. I have read through too many articles. Examined too many road-tests. I have test driven more than 11 cars. But still finding it really really hard to finalise on my 1st car. Of the cars that I went through the following are worth mentioning.
1. Suzuki Baleno LXi -> Was flabbergasted with the performance and the ease with which it handles the city traffic. Very minimal gear switching required. Apart from the Engine, there is nothing much in the car. Somehow could not make my mind that its worth 6.4L on road.
2. Ford Ikon Sxi -> Good maneuverability. Superb styling. But known ford history of higher maintenance costs and not so great mileage nags me.
3. Indigo SX -> Solid ride. Spacious. Too many features for the price. But TATA's known quality problems are nagging me. The thought that "what if my piece has a defect" scares the hell out of me.
4. Huandai Accent -> Doesnt look like a Diesel car when driving. Nice interiors. Has more than few blind spots, to drive in city traffic. Also doesnt come under my budget.
5. Esteem Vxi -> Has everything what I looked for except comfort of spaciousness. Too much dated looks.
Should I settle for lesser price hatchbacks where the quality competition is less and peace of mind is available?
Guide me pros.
|29th December 2005, 11:29||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanked: 300 Times
hey, i think you are too much worried about the quality of indigo... ya there are some quality issues with tatas, but their quality is improving by the day. many of our bhpians have also acknowledged that. one more thing, market is always right, by looking the sales figure, you can safely assume that quality is not as bad as you imagine it to be..
i think indigo fitted with crdi is in the offing... why dont you wait for that. it would then become an attractive package.
|29th December 2005, 11:33||#3|
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 89,495 Times
Topic has been discussed extensively before. Please do use the search feature of Team-BHP and make use of the wealth of information already there on this topic
This thread is closed.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Premium brands going down the value-for-money road, & VFM brands becoming overpriced!||GTO||The Indian Car Scene||66||19th February 2011 12:24|
|Are VFM car makers actually making more money on the cars than overpriced imports?||tsk1979||The Indian Car Scene||58||14th November 2010 22:59|
|Good VFM Sedan type car for office use?||COUGAR||Sedans||28||20th April 2010 16:58|
|Are VFM cars really VFM? - Cabs are wrong examples?||WindRide||The Indian Car Scene||5||21st March 2010 20:35|
|Amalgamated bass+mid range+high range.||nickoo||In-Car Entertainment||24||2nd July 2008 08:21|