Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 28th November 2011, 09:19   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees

Please refresh my memory (do not want to scroll through these pages again ), why is the Cruze out? Do check out the 2012 version of it which will be revealed in January I suppose.

Also, before you jump into the Civic bandwagon, please do compare the 2012 version with it as it is estimated to be launched in June 2012.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 28th November 2011 at 09:20.
Old 28th November 2011, 11:44   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Drove the GV yesterday, the space on the car is just enough (The boot looks smaller then the Kizashi) The seating is good (Manual adjustment as compared to electric in Kizashi). AC was very powerful but that could also be because of rainy/cold day.

The car drives well, speed pickup is nice and smooth, engine is silent, and was decently fun to drive. We touched speeds above 100 and the car was stable.

Few of the things that bothered us, huge amount of rattle in the second gear at 15K rpm which subsides soon after and never returns. Smallish boot.

Deal beaker, 3 months waiting to get one , No discounts (that too being a petrol). A car that sells 1 or 2 units a month has 3 months waiting is a huge surprise. So basically there is no stock anywhere, if one orders one would get it straight from Japan.
If i was you i'd rather stay away from the GV. If you buy one very soon you'd feel you're stuckw with it. It's got nothing going good for it and on top of it sells for nuts in the second hand market (that is if you're fortunate enough to find a buyer).
Old 28th November 2011, 12:44   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Please refresh my memory (do not want to scroll through these pages again ), why is the Cruze out? Do check out the 2012 version of it which will be revealed in January I suppose.

Also, before you jump into the Civic bandwagon, please do compare the 2012 version with it as it is estimated to be launched in June 2012.
Cruze was out because of low GC issues and i am not really looking at a Diesel Sedan. I am ok if its a Diesel SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
If i was you i'd rather stay away from the GV. If you buy one very soon you'd feel you're stuckw with it. It's got nothing going good for it and on top of it sells for nuts in the second hand market (that is if you're fortunate enough to find a buyer).
As stated the deal breaker, cant wait for 3 months after paying my part. I find it really irritating when someone quotes anything more then a month to deliver my car.

On a side note what do folks think on buying a Civic now, i know its end of life and the new one is coming in June 2012, but as i am looking to hold the car for 7+ years the resale value does not matter and i am quiet confident for next 10+ years the support and parts availability should not be an issue. Are my assumptions correct?
Old 28th November 2011, 12:53   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a side note what do folks think on buying a Civic now, i know its end of life and the new one is coming in June 2012, but as i am looking to hold the car for 7+ years the resale value does not matter and i am quiet confident for next 10+ years the support and parts availability should not be an issue. Are my assumptions correct?
Compare the feature set of the current civic and the next gen civic. If you are fine with the current one, then go for it. But if you can wait it out for the new one, then go with the next gen.

If I had the money and determination to buy a civic, I would go with the next gen.
Old 28th November 2011, 14:31   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Compare the feature set of the current civic and the next gen civic.
I did not find any site which details feature set of new Civic 2012 (Indian Version). The one launched in USA has spec sheet on the net but nor the Indian one. In general the Indian spec cars have lower/lesser features then the ones in US.

Is there any site which talks about features of the new 2012 Civic (Indian version)?
Old 28th November 2011, 14:40   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not find any site which details feature set of new Civic 2012 (Indian Version). The one launched in USA has spec sheet on the net but nor the Indian one. In general the Indian spec cars have lower/lesser features then the ones in US.

Is there any site which talks about features of the new 2012 Civic (Indian version)?
Forgive me as I was not more clear. I meant to say to compare the feature list of the US version with the current one. I believe features like sunroof, bluetooth connectivity etc will not be available, but most of the needed/new features (like the new MID information display, etc) will be carried forward.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 15:31   #172
vcx
BHPian

2012 Civic is said to be launched, But I wonder if Honda is in hurry to do that , considering the overall slump in the petrol models across the brands/segments. Unless Honda is equipping Civic with diesel heart or petrol with some best in class features with aggressive pricing.

Looking at the trend, the current Civic certainly looks a worthy deal with huge discounts and overall car appeals to be still fresh and is more crisp than its new competitors, has most of equipment levels for the segment is working to cheaper.

I see this trend of Honda offering good discounts btw now and early Jan to flush out stocks and people considering a petrol car (say doing under 700-900km /month), want a worry free service/cost of ownership and intends to keep that car for long( say 5-7yrs) now is the great time to buy CIVIC.

Makes some civic sense!

Last edited by vcx : 28th November 2011 at 15:32. Reason: typos
Old 30th November 2011, 16:07   #173
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Altis, cash discount available now - Confirmed.

Just got a call back from my the SA confirming that Altis is now having discount of ~20K+ (can be higher for certain colors). I have asked to confirm colors that are available. Also asked when is the new Fortuner getting launched. He said he isnt sure about the dates, neither has any details as to what is coming.
Old 1st December 2011, 19:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and Gentleman (Although i am aware there are no Ladies here ) almost a year after starting this thread we booked our next ride today. Massive discounts and killer deal kindof were the deal maker. Will update soon on the ride details in the ownership thread next week possibly.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and recommendations.

Will request mods to keep this thread open as i see lots of folks looking for a ride in similar price range.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 1st December 2011 at 19:21.
Old 2nd December 2011, 02:26   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ladies and Gentleman (Although i am aware there are no Ladies here ) almost a year after starting this thread we booked our next ride today. Massive discounts and killer deal kindof were the deal maker. Will update soon on the ride details in the ownership thread next week possibly.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and recommendations.

Will request mods to keep this thread open as i see lots of folks looking for a ride in similar price range.
Congratulations Mayank! So what's the final choice?

By the way, there are indeed some ladies in the forum. Atleast a couple of them quite active as well
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:37   #176
BHPian

Many a congrats Mayank. Really like the intrigue kept open in your post.

Hope that you do put us out of our misery soon
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:27   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Mayank! So what's the final choice?

By the way, there are indeed some ladies in the forum. Atleast a couple of them quite active as well
Ahhh, what i meant was specifically in this thread, i believe no ladies have dialed in. I am aware there are many fairer passionate drivers in the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Many a congrats Mayank. Really like the intrigue kept open in your post.

Hope that you do put us out of our misery soon
. Done intentionally, as we are yet to get funding approval (from the bank) and others are also flirting with me offering me better deal, and i am pushing my SA to make it sweater for me .

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd December 2011 at 11:35.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:15   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Massive discounts and killer deal kindof were the deal maker.
Lemme guess - the Civic

Unless you went a segment lower with the ANHC
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:35   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Lemme guess - the Civic

I went to see the City AT and all they were giving was 75K off. I didn't like the City at all. Just fell too frail. Told the Honda sales guy I don't like the car and will not be considering it.

Next day I got a call. Sir why don't you look at a Civic AT. I said it's not worth it, 17.5L is too much for a Civic. He said Sir, don't worry if you go for a Civic we can give close to 2L of discounts. Shall I come for a TD?

Effectively without negotiating or even showing interest the guy was giving me so much.
Old 2nd December 2011, 15:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Lemme guess - the Civic

Sirjee, Segment lower jane ka to scene hi nahi banta hai . (Haan upar hum zaroor ja sakte hain). Remember my first flirt started with Fortuner.

Apologies for folks who cannot understand Hindi, essentially translating it will kill the pun. So its got to be 15L (approx) segment or higher. Just keeping the the thread boiling hot (otherwise the suspense would die), also there is still some drama left hence. Hope folks don't mind.

Teaser pic coming soon.
Closed Thread