Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 2nd December 2011, 19:03   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees

Let me guess...Kizashi? If so, that is a great sedan. A very unappreciated vehicle due to its price and badge.
Old 2nd December 2011, 22:21   #182
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Mayank, my guesses in order of probability:
1. Toyota Fortuner
2. Honda Civic
3. Suzuki Kizashi
4. Toyota Corolla Altis

I hope the answer is here above.
Old 3rd December 2011, 02:23   #183
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club Mayank !
Baleno and then ....
Old 3rd December 2011, 03:16   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Let me guess...Kizashi? If so, that is a great sedan. A very unappreciated vehicle due to its price and badge.
I am with that. I can see that the first ownership thread of Kizashi is going to come up soon :-)
Old 6th December 2011, 15:07   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Mayank! So what's the final choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Many a congrats Mayank. Really like the intrigue kept open in your post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Lemme guess - the Civic
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Welcome to the club Mayank !
Baleno and then ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am with that. I can see that the first ownership thread of Kizashi is going to come up soon :-)
The cat is out of the bag elsewhere already (on the TBHP Sticker thread), so there is no point in not letting it out in this thread.

Its a Honda Civic VMT with Caska. Still awaiting SBI folks to finish processing (Looks like they will be done by Wednesday) and hopefully by weekend the Civic will be at home.

Thank you all @suman you are right . @shuvc just so to let you know, i went through your civic ownership thread cover to cover before booking. Thanks for a well written ownership thread. @vb-san & @nilanjanray looked at Kizashi seriously but dropped it at the last moment. @mnemonic as stated earlier it was deliberate just to make a dull thread interesting, also because there was more drama before final booking, will update on the ownership thread .

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 6th December 2011 at 15:11.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 15:53   #186
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

Maybe someday we can go for a weekend long drive to the hills and the jungles.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:01   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!

Maybe someday we can go for a weekend long drive to the hills and the jungles.
Thanks, we are seriously planning the last week of December to go someplace close/far (May change) as office is on shutdown for a week. I have my eyes on the place you usually go (The jungle machhan thingy). Are they open now? and will my Civic make it there?
Old 6th December 2011, 23:07   #188
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806

The cat is out of the bag elsewhere already (on the TBHP Sticker thread), so there is no point in not letting it out in this thread.

Its a Honda Civic VMT with Caska. Still awaiting SBI folks to finish processing (Looks like they will be done by Wednesday) and hopefully by weekend the Civic will be at home.

Thank you all @suman you are right . @shuvc just so to let you know, i went through your civic ownership thread cover to cover before booking. Thanks for a well written ownership thread. @vb-san & @nilanjanray looked at Kizashi seriously but dropped it at the last moment. @mnemonic as stated earlier it was deliberate just to make a dull thread interesting, also because there was more drama before final booking, will update on the ownership thread .
Congrats, could you share the final OTR , which color did you opt?
Old 7th December 2011, 00:31   #189
BHPian

Hey Mayank- many a congrats on the Civic. Wishing you a lot of happy miles with that lovely Honda powertrain. Which color is she?
Old 7th December 2011, 16:49   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Congrats, could you share the final OTR , which color did you opt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
Hey Mayank- many a congrats on the Civic. Wishing you a lot of happy miles with that lovely Honda powertrain. Which color is she?
Thanks, its a Silver color VMT. Whitefield honda is giving sunfilm, under body anti rust and Caska video system with reverse camera along with it.

Final OTR came to 14.4 Bangalore.

Today the loan was approved and friday the bank will issue the cheque to the dealer. They would need 3 days to finish all formalities at RTO fix caska anti rust coating etc and deliver the car on monday. Got the engine number and other details of the car blocked for me. Went to the stock yard to inspect the car today all well. Waiting for monday.

I guess i did the right thing to buy this now as everyone is lining up to increase prices blaming Rs fall. Lets see who does not raise prices in Jan? most of it sounds to me a gimmick to sell cars faster.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 7th December 2011 at 17:14.
Old 7th December 2011, 18:15   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
That is one sweet deal you have got. I guess it fulfilled almost all your expectations:

- A deserving upgrade from the Baleno ( free revving Vtec)

- It's reliable (Its a Jap)

- Stress free maintenance ( Reputed after sales service)

- Last but not the least...under 15 lacs.

Brilliant!

Cheers,
Old 7th December 2011, 18:20   #192
Team-BHP Support

From all the newer options available for a car under 15 lakhs, the old dog, the Civic, still stood out here. It just shows that Honda makes cars that are not only reliable and headache-free, they make cars that are also desirable and fun. Case in point, the Civic. Despite the competition that has caught up, Honda can still hold its own!

Congratulations on your latest acquisition, Mayank!

It has taken 13 pages, but you've finally found what you were looking for.

Enjoy your ride, Sir. You deserve it!

Drive safe and take care mate! In the scheme of things, ownership-thread is on the cards, I'm of the opinion.
Old 8th December 2011, 09:00   #193
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Mayank.
The Civic is a good choice and the OTR price that you're paying is a steal & great deal !
Wishing you all the very best of long drives and miles on the Civic
Old 8th December 2011, 12:31   #194
vcx
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Thanks, its a Silver color VMT. Whitefield honda is giving sunfilm, under body anti rust and Caska video system with reverse camera along with it.

Today the loan was approved and friday the bank will issue the cheque to the dealer. They would need 3 days to finish all formalities at RTO fix caska anti rust coating etc and deliver the car on monday. Got the engine number and other details of the car blocked for me. Went to the stock yard to inspect the car today all well. Waiting for monday.

I guess i did the right thing to buy this now as everyone is lining up to increase prices blaming Rs fall. Lets see who does not raise prices in Jan? most of it sounds to me a gimmick to sell cars faster.

Great deal I can say , you are getting a well made car and design that still makes many new cars look out of fashion, features are neat and added Caska is cool that compliments well.

VMT is a fully loaded variant ,seeing whats happening with Honda's new civic model in US and across the globe ( backlash for its design and recent apologies by its Boss) the current Civic is way to go!

On the other hand Honda is bleeding with sales going all time low and at dealers the news is that wht ever have been produced by Honda in India are being sold and there is no specific production taking place (esp. with Civic's) considering the sales slump and supply chain issues (Thailand flooding).

Anyways its boon for those looking for a good car like Civic loaded at steal deal!

Congrats once again!
Old 8th December 2011, 13:42   #195
Senior - BHPian

Yeah this does look like a very good deal especially if one is planning to hold on to the car for 7+ years (Hence buying a Dec 2011, or Jan 2012 model really does not make any difference). What i especially liked is its got everything (minus the sun roof), and competing models (like Altis) were about 16.5 OTR (so about cool 2L saved). Only worry is low GC (Surprisingly the GC is 170mm, as far as numbers are concerned it does not look too low), but the way i look at it, the other car we considered Altis isn't much higher either.

How have other Civic owners found the low GC to be a issue? any major damages or replacements needed to be done because of this.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 8th December 2011 at 13:43.
Closed Thread