Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 31st July 2011, 04:07   #601
BHPian

Default Re: Choosing a Spacious Diesel Sedan upto 12L

A friend of mine recently purchased a Vento TDI highline (white) and wanted to get some simple accessories like seat covers and sun-films fitted. I know a reliable accessories guy nearby, so my friend came over with his new car, his wife and his kid - the plan was to have a quick get-together while the car fittings would be done.

There was a brief wait at the accessories shop, where I saw a Swift DDIS with a RaceDynamics Piggyback ECU kit sitting on the rear seat! (That sub-story can be read here).

In an attempt to explain to my dear friend the basics of a Turbo Charger, we took his new Vento for a spin. Here is the entire experience :

Part 1 : Keyur drives the Vento

I was not in a mood to restart any comparisons, so decided to focus on the goal - showing him what his car can do and attempt to take him above the 80kph (max) that he had done till date.

Got into the car, inserted the key, tried twisting it. It is VERY hard. The key is foldable into the fob (like a switchblade), so when I had to twist it really hard, i was scared that it may break at the hinge. But the vehicle started. Put the car into reverse (press down, leftmost top position), started reversing. My friend has got the reverse parking sensors fitted in from VW for Rs.4000, and the stupid thing is that it only beeps (no display anywhere). It causes more confusion as you do not know where you might crash!

Got the vehicle out, slotted to first and went to an open road. While slotting realized that the gears are not smooth. They require quite a bit of force. The Fluidic was butter smooth, the Optra was smooth and this was hard - by hard I just mean that you have to apply force, no misslotting! This was when my friend commented that this was the case with all VW vehicles - he had the same experience with a couple of other cars belonging to his friends.

Took the car to an open stretch. Braked it. Realized that the brakes require quite some pressing of the brake pedal (couldn't help comparing - the Optra is much quicker in braking, much more responsive to braking - more on this later)

Now started the TurboCharger practicals. Started the car, kept the RPMs low - remained in first - very slowly crossed 1500. At around 1800-2000 the turbo was felt, explained it to my friend - continued into other gears, demonstrated the same thing. I am not sure about this, but realized that if I dropped the RPMs too low (below 1000), it would rise back itself - is this a feature or an illusion I had?

Now was the time to cross the 80kph mark set by my friend and let the car know that she has higher limits!! It was an empty stretch, no traffic. Pushed the car and after reading about the 200kph topspeed post earlier, felt that it would be a breeze to reach that speed. But that was not to happen! I had a great difficulty reaching 120 and crossing 120 was a pain. Again, the inevitable comparison - in the Optra, i can easily hit 120 and even 140 on short empty stretches very very easily - I do not even have to floor the pedal. But in the Vento, it required a long empty road and a lot of time and effort and the car slowly crept to 120 and slightly beyond. I do not know if the VW guys have put a speed limiter, but this was not expected.

Also at this speed, the steering and handling of the Vento are not comfortable. Vento has an EPS and it is very light with zero feedback. At such speeds, (or intentions of such speeds), the hydraulic steering is much much better. The steering is too light (now this may be a personal feeling, but i was not comfortable swerving the car at high speeds).

So the test was nearly done and I was on my way back when my friend told me that he was having some issues with the ICE (sound system). To demonstrate, he started the system and raised the volume. The speakers started crackling up! (please note this because Part 2 will have a mention of this) I modified the settings, reduced the bass, set the treble, set the front-rear fade settings. The crackle subsided, but the issue remained. This was something which I definitely did not expect!

Anyways! We got back and got the necessary fittings ordered. The fitting would take time, so we decided to have lunch - our wives and his kid had been patiently waiting all this while in the accessories showroom - so before they lost their cool, we felt it would be prudent to pacify them first.

Part 2 : Keyur takes friend for a ride in the Optra

My newly educated friend and I got bored waiting there, so we decided to take my Optra for a spin - he wanted to have a feel of it. I made it clear that he would not get to drive it, and he was OK with it).

Friend gets in the car.
"Wow - the interiors look really rich" - comment comes in before he has plonked himself on the seat.
"This is very spacious, and wide. Seats are really good" - I smiled

I started the car. He put his head out of the window, took it in again, repeated this a couple of times.
"Boss, your engine is very silent - can you roll up the windows" - I complied.
"Yaar, this is sooo silent - no noise inside - my Vento makes a hell lot of noise as compared to this - are you sure this is a diesel?" - I was grinning ear to ear and told him that this was not a diesel, this was the diesel, and a full 2 litres at it!

Started the car, took it on the same road where we tried his Vento. Let the car go - did the turbo tutorial again - he understood much better this time!! It could be seen - he was clutching the seat!

Then did the high speed exercise. Reached 120 in a jiffy. He was looking at me and at the speedo. Just said "WOW".

Now came the music system part. Put the Clarion on full bass, started the music. Rich clear sound from the 6 speakers, no crackling. Icing on the cake, grin on my face! This was not a feature that i would brag about the Optra, but then compared to the Vento, it does sound better!

Then told him the FE and the cost of the car (9.3 OTR against the 10.7 of his Vento) - the look on his face was priceless! Cherry on the icing on the cake!

Decided it was time for some strategic moves. For the first time since I got the car, offered to let him drive (gulped twice - heart in my mouth - still can't believe I did that). But wanted to land a finisher.

He got into the drivers seat, shut the doors - aah, the sweet THUD. He started the car, slotted to first - "Yaar, gears are very smooth!"
I told him to engage the clutch slowly, and tread very lightly on the accelerator. He was used to the Vento and went his way. The car lurched forward and stalled. I nearly punched him right there, but the look on his face was of mixed awe, surprise and a slight bit of fear, so I let go. He started it again and got it going.

"Boss, kya gaadi hai, kya power hai. No engine sound, but superb power delivery etc.. etc.. etc.." - it was worth letting him drive - there is nothing better than to let a owner bash his own car - saves you the trouble and gives double the pleasure

Then he braked. The car stopped immediately - extremely crisp braking - no slipping. He was flabbergasted. "yaar, this braking is very 'tight'. My car brakes a lot slower than this" - I said, this car is built to run, so the brakes are also built the same way.

The only 2 things that he could say against were :

"My Vento's steering is a lot smoother" - didn't want to educate him on the merits and demerits of EPS and HPS and speed sensitive steering and steering feedback etc, so let it pass.

"The Optra's horn seems to sound less" - no issues there, the roar of the engine does the trick!!

There was nothing much to say and I had reached my limits - took over the driving again and brought the car back.

Now the clincher!!While getting out he says,"Bhai yeh waali to Race Car hai"

After this, didn't feel like opening the boot and showing him the 5th Alloy or the back seat or the roar of the engine with the hood open!

One more contended night's sleep - I don't think this silly grin is going to get off my face for a couple of days!
Old 31st July 2011, 04:20   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
If by postponing a purchase which is not an emergency requirement I can respect my wife's beliefs, why not.
Aah! Sure mate. I didn't mean to suggest by any means that you should disrespect that, just in case it seemed so.

Quote:
You know i tried to find a good pre-owned Magnum earlier. When i realised I had couple of weeks time I thought why not try one last time to see if I can find one. And I unleashed all the resources at my disposal.
Yes, I think I understand that. You have been a sort of partner on this thread all along. Hence am kind of repeating this. Unless you know the car (as may be the case in the neighbour's cousin's car), the Optra has much higher chances of being an abused one. Please bear that in mind, when you finalize on the car.

Quote:
Typical conversation, in Hyderabadi hindi / english / telugu went something like:

Hello, aap kane Chevrolet Optra Magnum hai kyaa? Nai nai. LS nai. LT honaa. 2008 ke baad ka. Automatic AC rehnaa. ABS aur airbags bhi. Mere pappa bole poochne ko. Nai nai. Honda, Skoda nai honaa. Sirf Magnum honaa. Hau. Magnum)

At the end of the day I might find a good second hand car or I might not but fact remains that at a price level of less than 12 lakhs for a new car I will not find a car which will excite me more than Optra Magnum and I will acquire one.
Now that almost seems to be material for a tiny new thread on the 'shifting gears' section. Or, I think there is a thread about such things there. Would be fun to read more about it (though I'd need more translations)!

Quote:
There is only one thing that might change my choice: A friend of mine has a Skoda Laura 2009, very well maintained and if I can force him to decide to sell it to me in next 48 hours at a much much discounted price, i might go for it. ehe.
OT:
You could use the "Magnum" (pun intended) to force him!!!!!!!!! LOL

.44 Magnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he has more cars, you can force him for parting with another (for me - your dear long lost friend). With the "Magnum", I am sure it will be cheap, or free!!

Last edited by Poitive : 31st July 2011 at 04:22.
Old 31st July 2011, 04:32   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post

OT:
You could use the "Magnum" (pun intended) to force him!!!!!!!!! LOL

.44 Magnum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he has more cars, you can force him for parting with another (for me - your dear long lost friend). With the "Magnum", I am sure it will be cheap, or free!!
Hope some mods do not read this and raise an objection about the use of suggestions of violent means

Last edited by keyur : 31st July 2011 at 04:41.
Old 31st July 2011, 04:35   #604
BHPian

Quote:

Now that is quite a shocker for me. I was only able to test these cars at highish speeds for a short time. Possibly very short. Hence can only be so sure of my opinions. Even had a back to back TD of the Vento and Magnum. Vento felt sharper; quicker to respond. Optra clearly felt a lot more composed at higher speeds.
Totally agree. Can't believe the Vento competing with the Optra in terms of speed or power. My drive of the Vento today proved it to me!

Quote:
For that I'd probably TD the Vento again sometime (just to check this), and I would like to understand more details about this. (or for all we know, given Keyur's Fluidic TD, we'll soon have another TD comparo happening here!!!)
Check my Vento post (Choosing a Spacious Diesel Sedan upto 12L)as well - it was not supposed to be a comparison but it turned into that eventually.

Quote:
The Laura too is supposed to be more cramped than the Otpra, AFAIK.
I can vouch for this. I have to regularly remove one in our parking to drive in our out, so I have felt the 'cramp'.

Quote:
How many kms have you done, Keyur? Have you missed the ABS at any point? How does the vehicle feel, if you need to brake hard suddenly? Composed stops till the end, or scary skids?
Nearly 4000 now. Not missed the ABS at all. (Actually, if you read my Grey Torqedo thread, you will know that I specifically did not want ABS). ABS makes sense where you are more prone to slipping, skidding etc (wet, snowy roads, where the brakes lock and you get into a skid).
You have seen posts of me driving at 190 and the first thing I do right before and after I try such things is to check the braking. It is spot on - the vehicle brakes comfortably - no jerks. The braking distance at speeds over 140 is also pretty short. You just need to be composed and brake in grdually, not jam it in. FULLY composed stops - straight line - no swerving, no rolling right till the end.
In fact, with this car, you can judge the braking so well that even at a speed of 100+, you can stop exactly at the white stop line at a traffic light!
Also, have tried quite a few ABS vehicles. The ABS hardly ever seems to kick in, so you don't get used to it, so when it does kick in, the sudden shuddering and the maneuverability (and steerability) after braking can be fatal!

Quote:
Also, if you found the Vento's feedback better as you got more used to it, mate.
sorry for butting in here, but the Vento steering has ZERO feedback!

Quote:
About the bodyroll, it seems to me that it again could be a matter of getting used to it. I pushed the car a bit, despite bodyroll in my last TD (was reported in bullet form a few pages back). I was so impressed! Was a revelation to me. This car handles well despite the bodyroll.
Exactly my point (as made many times before). You learn to love the roll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
While I am not superstitious and do not believe in stars and months and muhurats, i respect my better half's belief in such things as far as it does not inconvenience me
RK, see, this is a sign! You not getting good used magnums is actually indicating you to go and get a new one! And seriously, with the zeal you have for this vehicle, you should be the one to break yours in!

Last edited by keyur : 31st July 2011 at 04:44.
Old 31st July 2011, 04:58   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I think I understand that. You have been a sort of partner on this thread all along. Hence am kind of repeating this. Unless you know the car (as may be the case in the neighbour's cousin's car), the Optra has much higher chances of being an abused one. Please bear that in mind, when you finalize on the car.
Poitive,

As and when I find a Magnum which I want to buy, rest assured I will get it checked by an experienced mechanic from Chevy garage and only then I will buy the car. I have my feet firmly grounded and will not buy anything blindly, thanks to you, mdsaab, keyur, optimist and all TBHPIANs on this thread. Damn. Remembering all those wonderful guys on this thread at this ungodly hour is not easy. Need to look up this thread for the passionate discussions to remember them.
NoRules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 08:21   #606
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, with all fairness to the cars compared (Vento, Fluidic, NFS, Linea), these cars are a segment below the Optra. Please recall that the Optra was introduced to compete against the Corolla, Civic, Laura, etc. General Motors were unable to sell the Optra at that price point and had to lower the price, thereby setting a cat among the pigeons (rather a tiger among the pigeons). I would say there is no comparison at all.

Optra is definitely a superior car in terms of space, engine capacity, driveability and comfort as it is from a segment above, although it is almost a decade old. I would say it is the most sensible car that can be bought if decisions are made using the head and the heart.

Last edited by MAS : 31st July 2011 at 08:25.
Old 31st July 2011, 08:41   #607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys, with all fairness to the cars compared (Vento, Fluidic, NFS, Linea), these cars are a segment below the Optra. Please recall that the Optra was introduced to compete against the Corolla, Civic, Laura, etc. General Motors were unable to sell the Optra at that price point and had to lower the price, thereby setting a cat among the pigeons (rather a tiger among the pigeons). I would say there is no comparison at all.

Optra is definitely a superior car in terms of space, engine capacity, driveability and comfort as it is from a segment above, although it is almost a decade old. I would say it is the most sensible car that can be bought if decisions are made using the head and the heart.
I agree with you.
mainly due to brand value, people opted for Corolla's, Civic's and Laura's. if one is spending a lot of money on their car. They want to be associated with higher snob value too, which comes with the other brands and not so much with GM.
The Optra is a great car no doubt, and one that even i fancy a lot. I was very tempted to buy one too. and had even made a phone call to the dealer in town asking for prices etc.
What i did not like was the professionalism on the phone interaction with the dealer. Seemed like he was talking half heartedly. and that too after my explaining to him that i want to pick up the car immediately and am ready with my booking amount.
I had given my number, but never got a call back for a test drive or a "sir, can i collect that booking amount please"
On the other hand, we had gone to check out the Corolla too.
as you might know already we picked up the ANHC.
but a week or so later, Toyota called up to ask about our progress in the Corolla buying decision. Ofcourse they were dissapointed to hear that we had already picked up the ANHC.

Leaving my dealership experience aside. Even though in some buying decisions the first impression at or with the dealer can make or break a deal, no matter how good the car is.
The Optra is a fantastic package and at a great price too.
It's got a diesel engine, big car feel, reasonable level of goodies, is quite spacious. In short it ticks all the right boxes. Only drawback is it being a decade old. Maybe GM needs to take it under the knife.
mdsaab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 09:01   #608
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
What i did not like was the professionalism on the phone interaction with the dealer. Seemed like he was talking half heartedly. and that too after my explaining to him that i want to pick up the car immediately and am ready with my booking amount.
A few years back, when i visited a Chevy Showroom to check-out the Optra (Petrol), the SA took me to the workshop (behind the showroom) and showed a car was just unloaded from the lorry. The car was covered with dust and had white stickers all over it. He left me there to check out the car and disappeared. I had to find my way back to the showroom, pull him out from his cubicle to discuss the possibility of me getting a "quote". Such was the professionalism of General Motors' sales guys.

Quote:
On the other hand, we had gone to check out the Corolla too.
as you might know already we picked up the ANHC.
but a week or so later, Toyota called up to ask about our progress in the Corolla buying decision. Ofcourse they were dissapointed to hear that we had already picked up the ANHC.
Congrats on your ANHC. I enjoyed reading your thread in the Initial Ownership section. The SA professionalism at the Toyota made me go in for the Corolla. Toyota's A.S.S is (or was) top notch and now that i am looking for a bigger drive (SUV/MUV), i am unable to think beyond the Toyotas.

Quote:
Only drawback is it being a decade old. Maybe GM needs to take it under the knife.
I hope you meant dialing in the Cosmetic surgeon and not the Guillotine.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:21   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few years back, when i visited a Chevy Showroom to check-out the Optra (Petrol), the SA took me to the workshop (behind the showroom) and showed a car was just unloaded from the lorry. The car was covered with dust and had white stickers all over it. He left me there to check out the car and disappeared. I had to find my way back to the showroom, pull him out from his cubicle to discuss the possibility of me getting a "quote". Such was the professionalism of General Motors' sales guys.

Congrats on your ANHC. I enjoyed reading your thread in the Initial Ownership section. The SA professionalism at the Toyota made me go in for the Corolla. Toyota's A.S.S is (or was) top notch and now that i am looking for a bigger drive (SUV/MUV), i am unable to think beyond the Toyotas.

I hope you meant dialing in the Cosmetic surgeon and not the Guillotine.
Thank you for your kind words.
So you had a similar experience with Chevy eh. If GM fixes this part, i think this itself will translate into more sales. their dealer's feel like they lack the motivation. I have heard good things about the A.S.S so far, barring a few horrible experiences.(common at all workshops)
So this is quite unlike experiences with other manufacturers where the sales experience is fantastic and the A.S.S a nightmare.
There are a few exceptions though like Toyota from what i have heard and Honda from what i have experienced thus far. where both the sales and service experience is fantastic.
So it's not a big surprise that your next SUV will be from Toyota. They do know how to make a good SUV indeed.
Good luck with your next buy!
Old 31st July 2011, 10:18   #610
BHPian

While browsing through the ken wood india website came across tuis product. Not sure how good this is when compared to Caska. I will check with Sathyaraj from EVO Bangalore to see if this can be fit in an Optra magnum. http://india.kenwood.com/products/ca...0bt/index.html

Also the non illuminated side step garnish for Optra Magnum is around 1000 Rs. I don't think they have an illuminated one.

The accessories IMHO that can go along with Optra are sun film and a change in HU if someone needs it. Also many thanks to Keyur I think one should also look at upgrading head lamps to 55/60 HV+?

Is a tyre upgrade necessary for majority city and occasional highway drive? I am not too comfortable changing the OEM stuff except for headlights. Please advice.
Old 31st July 2011, 12:41   #611
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
A friend of mine recently purchased a Vento TDI highline (white) . . . ..
Hope it was not too new a car! How about running in?

Quote:
Now was the time to cross the 80kph mark set by my friend and let the car know that she has higher limits!! It was an empty stretch, no traffic. Pushed the car and after reading about the 200kph top speed post earlier, felt that it would be a breeze to reach that speed. But that was not to happen! I had a great difficulty reaching 120 and crossing 120 was a pain. Again, the inevitable comparison - in the Optra, i can easily hit 120 and even 140 on short empty stretches very very easily - I do not even have to floor the pedal. But in the Vento, it required a long empty road and a lot of time and effort and the car slowly crept to 120 and slightly beyond. I do not know if the VW guys have put a speed limiter, but this was not expected.
Yes, this happens when you are not used to driving the car. Don't get me wrong! I too own an Optra, but you are not comparing it fair! Drive the Vento for a month and it will respond to your wishes [Thats my experience with all cars].

Quote:
Vento has an EPS and it is very light with zero feedback. At such speeds, (or intentions of such speeds), the hydraulic steering is much much better. The steering is too light (now this may be a personal feeling, but i was not comfortable swerving the car at high speeds).
Many people on team-bhp share this perception. Whenever there is a mention of EPS, the words no feedback and very light come into that statement. Most EPS are perfectly configured speed sensitive steerings and perform better than HPS at higher speeds. I like the Optra but unfortunately the steering on my Ritz feels better at high speeds, which is an EPS.

Quote:
You just need to be composed and brake in grdually, not jam it in. FULLY composed stops - straight line - no swerving, no rolling right till the end.
In fact, with this car, you can judge the braking so well that even at a speed of 100+, you can stop exactly at the white stop line at a traffic light!
Also, have tried quite a few ABS vehicles. The ABS hardly ever seems to kick in, so you don't get used to it, so when it does kick in, the sudden shuddering and the maneuverability (and steerability) after braking can be fatal!
Yes, you don't get used to ABS, but then do you get used to emergency braking? that too without ABS? It's not something you need to get used to, its something that is needed.
Not so far in Optra, but the ABS in Ritz has come alive multiple times and this is what it did:
- Avoided the car going out of line.
- Avoided creating a 'loud' screech, which helped avoiding a lot of public attention.

ABS and airbags are things, which, if you don't have, might not ever get a chance to miss them!

Last edited by SLK : 31st July 2011 at 12:43.
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 12:41   #612
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with you.
mainly due to brand value, people opted for Corolla's, Civic's and Laura's. if one is spending a lot of money on their car. They want to be associated with higher snob value too, which comes with the other brands and not so much with GM.
Well, this always happen when old and new variants are sold side by side in this case Optra and Cruze. Optra started off as a competitor to the likes of Civic and Laura, but when the Cruze came along, it had to vacate the spot. Similarly, couple of years back, I remember seeing one compare between Linea, Ford Fiesta (now classic) and Honda City. But now, the position of the Fiesta is taken by the New Fiesta, and the Classic have to work it out with the likes of Swift Dzire. It does not make the Optra or Fiesta Classic a lesser car. Just that they lose some sheen, and probably the desirability factor goes down a few notches.
Old 31st July 2011, 12:48   #613
BHPian

Quote:

Totally agree with you. it is not fair to compare a 2.0L engine with 1.5 / 1.6L. And the fact that GM could not sell it properly and are selling at below 11 lakh levels makes it all the more attractive and VFM.

Vento, ANHV, NFF, Linea are good in their own right and have their positives. Looks wise I personally think ANHC is awesome and I would have probably considered it seriously at the current price levels except that for me not having an ACC is a deal breaker. Sadly even the top end / AT model of ANHC does not have ACC.
Old 31st July 2011, 12:48   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Oxyzen, We still have a discussion pending on the 20-80 in third mate. Will bring it up sometime
Here is the timings first. Source autocar.
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 323
Size:  18.7 KB

Quote:
Would be good to hear your comments on how you felt on your new Vento, after the Fiat. Also, if you found the Vento's feedback better as you got more used to it, mate.
About the bodyroll, it seems to me that it again could be a matter of getting used to it. I pushed the car a bit, despite bodyroll in my last TD (was reported in bullet form a few pages back). I was so impressed! Was a revelation to me. This car handles well despite the bodyroll. Surely is not as agile as the lighter cars.
And it may go beyond the wheelbase. IIRC the Linea has about the same wheel base as Optra (please correct me if I am wrong), but a Linea is HUGELY more agile.
It is very important to know the definition of handling (as this is subjective to some extent) before proceeding further.
  • To me the most important thing is the low CG. No SUV, no tallboys.
  • Next comes the suspension setup. Stiffer the better for handling. But the current indian roads filled with potholes and specially when you drive mainly in city the stiff suspension can be a pain. So the balance between ride and handling has to be spot on. Linea is Perfect. T-Jet is a bit on the stiffer side. Swift more on the stiffer side and see the result. The whole body rattles after a few years of abuse. Vento a bit on softer side (Still stiff enough). Optra was a bit more on the softer side.
  • Next comes the quick steering. Yes it extends beyond wheelbase. Someone on on Team-BHP reminded me it is called circular moment of inertia. The end result is reluctance in change of direction. We basically see is as accurate steering. This is why Fiesta and the Swift are so entertaining to drive.
  • lastly is the feedback. I used to brag about the one on Fiat. But lately too much city drives with such a heavy steering is becoming a pain. But nothing can take away its capabilities on a highway. It feels even better than the non PS of Zen. The Fiat steering never stopped to amaze me. Putting my hands on Vento, I thought, man this is super-light. It did not feel connected. But after a long drive you get used to it. You just have to trust it will do the job just fine. And then gradually you get to appreciate it when you find that 90% of the time you spend is in city. If there is one sore point in Vento's handling it is the steering feedback. However the the lack of steering feedback is to much hyped. It is not that bad once you get used to it. For an EPS is is calibrated decently well.
I personally feel agility, body roll, grip (you can always change tyres though) are more important. Feedback is not a deal breaker as long as it is not as vague as Wagonr (old).

Last edited by oxyzen : 31st July 2011 at 12:55.
oxyzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2011, 12:54   #615
BHPian

I expected the Optra to be faster or at par with the Vento, or atleast competetive!!!!!!
Closed Thread