Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2011, 12:17   #76
BHPian

Default re: Choosing a Spacious Diesel Sedan upto 12L

^^
Good review. From the experience with my Manza (4800 kms on the odo),
1) On the engine noise while revving, it reduces with the usage of the car and also with the quality of diesel.
2) On the engine vibration, I have very little NVH unless the radiator fan is running. I felt that the NVH is lower than my friend's i20.
3) Keep the rpm between 1800-3000 band, the car is fun to drive. For me, the turbo boost in (like a Swift diesel) at 2400 rpm even though you can feel the TC engaging at 1500 odd rpm. Very sluggish below 1500 rpm.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:43   #77
BHPian

@Sridhar, Thanks.
What is the FE you get, Sridhar?
Old 15th April 2011, 14:58   #78
BHPian

With me expanding the rpm envelope to 3000 rpm band, getting 13-14 in bumper to bumper city traffic/bad suburban roads and 16 kmpl in highway. Can extract more operating at 1500-1800 rpm band.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2011, 23:15   #79
BHPian

New Ford Fiesta Launched

Seems the Times of India was wrong.
Was apparently launched to the media yesterday. To the dealers today. Will share the little I got to know when I am at the comp.
Old 16th April 2011, 00:50   #80
BHPian

Was in the Select Citywalk Mall in Saket, New Delhi today. The New Fiesta had been on display there, but I happened to cross it quite late so could not really see the car as it was covered. With the covers on, the impression was that it was a tall car, but not really too wide. Managed to get a brochure and wanted to upload the pics, but it seems meaningless as there are a lot of details already on the forum here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2314370

Also on the ford site here:

Ford India - The All-New Fiesta

Not sure when the booking will be open. Maybe it will be in accordance to what the TOI's article said.
Old 16th April 2011, 10:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Add in yesterdays paper for the optra.
It reads
believe it or not optra magnum @8.25lakhs only.
Mentions leather seats, dual din HU, ACC, 2.0 diesel engine. Etc
are all these features present on the LS version? It mentions that price indicated is for LS model.
This seems like quite a juicy deal. Also mentions first year free insurance.
Old 16th April 2011, 14:17   #82
Senior - BHPian

Just got off the phone with the local chevy dealer.
So it seems the LT model after free insurance will cost 10.32 OTR in pune.
I told him that if he wants to make a sale to speak to his senior and offer the best price. Lets see what he comes back with. Even at this price i think its quite a good deal. Maybe will test drive it.
Old 16th April 2011, 21:56   #83
BHPian

@mdsaab, the advertisements mention the features of the higher models and the price of the lower ones to entice prospective buyers. I too reached a Chevy showroom that way.

If you are considering a sedan in around this price band you must test drive the Optra - No two ways about that!
Old 17th April 2011, 09:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

Actually its my parents who are looking for a car.
Have asked them to wait as there are a few launches around the corner.
They are looking to spend upto 15 lakhs. But after seeing this ad, i think its quite a juicy offer.
Lets see how it goes.
Old 17th April 2011, 14:18   #85
BHPian

@Sridhar, Thanks for the inputs. Have heard people claiming 17-20kmpl in the city in a Manza (winters, hence non-ac).

@mdsaab, Since the car is for your parents and upto the 15L bracket, it seems it may be chauffeur driven. What is good about the Optra is that it has a good combination of being driven in and to drive. The suspension is on the softer side and the undulations on the road are absorbed very well. It's 1370kgs of weight also helps in this. Is rather spacious too.

To me the Optra and Manza seem like VFM cars. Had they been made by "more credible German/Japanese manufacturers" they would have been a bit more reliable and with a bit more finesse but also about 25-30% more expensive.
Old 18th April 2011, 20:23   #86

Post the ad in the newspaper, I discussed with two dealers and managed to get quotes of 9.89L on road Delhi (53K discount) and 9.68L for Gurgaon (48K). Should I go ahead and grab the deal or wait for verna??
Old 18th April 2011, 23:36   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravs19 View Post
Post the ad in the newspaper, I discussed with two dealers and managed to get quotes of 9.89L on road Delhi (53K discount) and 9.68L for Gurgaon (48K). Should I go ahead and grab the deal or wait for verna??
Presume you are talking about the Optra Magnum Diesel LX. They seem to be good discounts/offers. Are these prices after adjusting the NCB from the older insurance and corporate discounts? Could you please PM me the dealer details? Thanks in advance.

About the Verna, it all depends on what you are looking for Pravs. The Magnum should almost surely score over the Verna in terms of Inside space and Ride quality. Also in the sheer power and torque. The Verna is likely to be a more modern car with a lot of gizmos, though with a smaller engine.

If you spell out your preferences and usage of the car, members may be able to give more suitable advice.
Old 19th April 2011, 00:21   #88

actually its the Magnum Diesel LT version I got the offer for. It includes corporate discount of 10K, insurance and the remaining is the dealer discount. Was following up with them for weeks and then finally asked them for their best offer.

I have been a very loyal follower of TBHP for the last 2-3 years and have been following most of the threads closely on safari, Magnum, new ford fiesta and new Verna RB and waiting for the best pick. However, I need to buy a car badly now in the next few days and looked at all the options available.
With the current options available, My heart is solely on Magnum, however the head talks about it getting phased out soon. Thus was following this thread closely.

My current needs are a diesel option as I am doing 70+ in city and also a reliable ride for my long rides of 2000+ twice in a year :-) . Safari has been my dream but the city drive and the comforts on Optra have taken over some of the controls.

My question still remains...is it a good deal to dive in.
Old 19th April 2011, 00:33   #89

I actually asked about verna as there was an ad in the times of india today about the new Verna mentioning to send an SMS for booking inquiries.

Also- i am not able to PM you. not sure why.
Old 19th April 2011, 07:55   #90
Senior - BHPian

With the prices you have mentioned. I think its a really good deal.
The magnum is a great car and has everything and more that you could ask for at this price point.
Comfortable leather interiors.
Powerful and frugal diesel engine
ACC, alloys etc.
I dont think spare parts will really be an issue either.
The only low point in this deal will be the resale value when you go in for a change later.
But that all depends on how long you plan to keep the car.
Closed Thread