Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 25th June 2017, 09:16   #886
BHPian

Default Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
i had another thing to point out. I use team bhp predominantly on my android phone. Over time i saw my storage space reducing drastically. To recover space, I did the usual cache clean, etc in vain. I decided to check the file system to understand what was taking space. I found out that team bhp app uses a directory other than the default cache directory to store all the images. The path on android is /netendoftimeandroidforumrunnerteambhp/cache. This folder contains all in-post images and doesnt get cleared when clearing cache through regular app settings. One would have to browse to this folder and select-all and delete.
No need to browse to the folder and then delete. Go to Settings-> Storage-> Misc, then mark the folder '/netendoftimeandroidforumrunnerteambhp'.
This is what I do. Hope this helps.
knightrider_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2017, 16:13   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Each time I load the app, I get this error. Works fine after a few refreshes. Device is OnePlus One running on stock CM ROM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
I am getting exactly same message on my phone. Mine is also One plus one. Has this anything to do with newbie account which might have some restricted rights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Nothing to do with newbie account! This happens when somebody uses data instead of wifi to access the TBHP app.
This has nothing to do with whether we use mobile data or WiFi to access the application. I used to get the same error message whenever I cleared messages from my Inbox which is actually restricted for newbies as far as I know. The moment you get some new messages, the errors will disappear once you restart the application.
FYI I'm also using OnePlus One on custom ROM 7.2.
madmaxvistian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 10:07   #888
BHPian

I find part of the below post missing in both IOS and android app, from the 'less than' symbol

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4238837

The post appears as
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-asset.png  

batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:26   #889

Hello, I am unable to post messages or threads via the app. can you help me rectify this. Should I delete and reload. Should I use Taptalk?
Mosalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 12:28   #890
Team-BHP Support

As mentioned before, we don't have support for the mobile app anymore.

Strongly suggest you give our Smartphone Skin a try for a few days. Once you get used to it you'll realise it has virtually everything you need, and it doesn't have any of the issues that the mobile apps are starting to have lately.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2017, 16:05   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosalf View Post
Hello, I am unable to post messages or threads via the app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
As mentioned before, we don't have support for the mobile app anymore.. Strongly suggest you give our Smartphone Skin a try for a few days.
The Smartphone Skin is indeed a saviour for all those logged on to the forum via their mobile phones.

@Rehan, why don't you remove the app from the play store once for all? I see many readers - members and guests alike - download the app only to get disappointed by the experience.

On a lighter note, once the app goes missing from the play store, you will start receiving queries on why doesn't the forum have an app of its own . Either ways, you will be stuck between a rock and a hard place ..
dailydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 15:28   #892
BHPian

Hi Bluevolt,

I like the older version of the app. The links provided are not working. Could you please provide the apk file for the older app?
Thanks
rajivr1612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2017, 15:43   #893
BHPian

I was never aware of this thread and was using the mobile app for a few months now and realized it has a lot of issues. Started using the smartphone skin from today, it does everything and is much faster than the mobile app
jayantvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 11:43   #894
BHPian

I downloaded the app, but, as pointed out before, it is broken in many aspects. It was also last updated over three years ago.

Considering it is based on Tapatalk platform, why don't we add official Tapatalk app support to this forum, and be done with it? I would love to have the forum work on the Tapatalk app.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2017, 15:08   #895
BHPian

Can someone please point me to the old 1.3.4 version of the app. I accidentally deleted my copy. Kindly PM me for my email address if you send it to me via email . Thanks in advance.
drsingh is offline   Reply With Quote