Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th January 2006, 23:30   #1
BHPian

Thumbs up IITians form a political party ..

Hi guys,
Came across this article on the net. some IIT graduates have started a Political party called Paritrana in Jodhpur.

Here's the link

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?...olitical~party

My first thought was WOW !!!! They don't actually wanna make money but instead want to use their knowledge to help the people.
Well yeah its good to hear that some youngsters are taking up this monstrous challenge.... but how successful will they be considering the Indian political system...which I'm sure all of u are well aware of

I was wondering how many of u will be willing to give your vote to them just basing on the fact that they are IIT graduates ??

(I tried to add a poll to this thread but it didn't work..... if possible could the mods add a poll...... thanks)

cheers,

Last edited by vinod : 24th January 2006 at 23:40.
vinod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 23:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would vote for them depending on their agenda vis-a-vis their opponents. I've seen enough crappy IIT grads for a lifetime.

BUT, I do intensely admire them, and I wish to attend their rally/meet/seminar when they come here.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 00:25   #3
cnu
BHPian

The move is definitely worth appreciation but again... how much are they trustable and wheather they will be able to face the already established politicians is something to be seen.
cnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 11:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

plus, the results are determined by lacs of votes coming from rural areas.
try explaining to them something about IITs.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 13:54   #5
BHPian

We "city wallahs" have no clue of what ails rural India....
Stay in rural India for 10 yrs atleast - get a hang of their life, problems - get a political base - & then think of building a political organisation..

Else be relegated to the English Language Media forever..
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 14:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

You know what, i am 100% sure these people will just turn out to be the usual corrupt Indian politician at one point of time or the other. We already have some so called "educated and young" politicians like Rahul Gandhi etc., but once these people jump into this dirty game, they cant keep their clothes clean. Believe me.

Last edited by DCEite : 25th January 2006 at 14:30.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 18:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
You know what, i am 100% sure these people will just turn out to be the usual corrupt Indian politician
Before you make up your mind, OPEN it!!!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 19:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Before you make up your mind, OPEN it!!!
Its not the question of opening my mind, its truth. When you jump in to this dirty game of politics, no matter who you are, you are bound to become a dirty man (except ofcourse, a very few)..

Remember, Objects in the mirror are more confused than they appear! ;-)

Last edited by DCEite : 25th January 2006 at 19:36.
Old 27th January 2006, 13:52   #9
BHPian

None of u guys, really looked optimistic about giving your vote to them.... well decite I agree with u that, in politics there is a greater chance of them getting corrupt but at the same time, we have to understand that these people have already have agreed to give up their "profitable" future for the good will of people. Moreover, all the other politicians in India have been orrupt till now who come from rural areas (and hence should understand the hardships of rural life have not done much ), so why not experiment with some graduates from the town ???????
cheers,
vinod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 21:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Its not the question of opening my mind, its truth. When you jump in to this dirty game of politics, no matter who you are, you are bound to become a dirty man (except ofcourse, a very few)..

Have YOU been through this, Sir?

Please atleast applaud their effort. Atleast they are not amongst the many of us who just say - system, cannot change it, useless, we are frail and would fall and all that ...... They have gone up there and done what i believe no one else has done. Atleast they have a good motive and it will be sucessfull if you and me support it and help them grow.

Quote:
Well all i can see is that You are the one who is confused here

Hats Off to these guys.
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 23:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Have YOU been through this, Sir?
Well not exactly me, but some of the guys from my college (which mind you is ranked only next to IITs) who jumped into politics, ended up having several criminal cases against them and ruining the name of the college.

In any event, good engineers does not necessarily make good leaders/governers/politicians. So engineers better stick to what they were supposed to do. And thats engineering!

Last edited by DCEite : 28th January 2006 at 23:14.
Old 29th January 2006, 02:52   #12
jat
BHPian

Um! Technocrats going into politics! Well, they can understand our language and reduce some excise and duties on cars

On the otherhand, they have wasted lot of taxpayer's money which is spent on them in term of grants.

Voting them depends lot on their interests in development rather in their qualification.

About changing the system, IMHO, it is not possible in near future. I have many times fought for justice for others. The main problem which I faced was the guy whom I was supporting or fiighting for him, he himself backed out most of the time. And when the corrupt guys wins, he gains in confidence.

And many among us only join with the greedy ideas rather than trying to change the system or do something. I don't hate the corruption that much the amount I hate people not trying do something for development of their region or state or country. Look at the Bihar, Bengal, Orissa etc and you can understand.

Just try to find out how many joins IAS, politics, IPS, etc with the idea or serving the country.

RK
jat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 22:59   #13
Team-BHP Support

And poof... it goes.

IITins party splits vertically
Chennai, May 17: Lok Parithran, the fledgling political party floated by former IITians, suffered a split with three of the seven members who contested the Tamil Nadu assembly polls, quitting the outfit alleging favourtism, non-transparency and casteism within the organisation.

Last edited by Samurai : 17th May 2006 at 23:02.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2006, 23:04   #14
BHPian

Samurai Thanks for sharing the news...

This is very sad, I really thought they could make a difference with the right approach but I guess not anytime soon.
DaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 10:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

It's really sad, and would be a big setback, and spoil public opinion of the party. I do wish not many people lose faith in them, we need people like this.....
islero is offline   Reply With Quote