Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 28th January 2006, 23:48   #1

Question Help with scratched disks needed

Please help me people i need help with the disks that get scratched from constant use. The CDs i get from the movie rental end up as waste because my computer hangs while trying to play them. Is there a software which can simply play such disks without jamming the computer up(my friend mentioned one).
imandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 04:31   #2
BHPian

There are a lof of softwares available to retreive data from scratched disks however I suggest you to run the disks on a new drive and then create an image of the disk and then burn It on a new CD. Most CD Burning tools will be able to retreive data to burn image from scratched disks. I use Nero 6.
zzzehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 10:04   #3
BHPian

ISObuster is a software that helps to make disk images out of (even) scratched disks. Try it, I think its a free software. Do a google to find it.
pratheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2006, 18:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hehe... i heard this long time back. Take one of those white shoe polishes... the ones that can be used on any color shoe and rub it on the disc using a cloth. It will take care of the superficial scratches only... not the deeper ones though.

Cheers
Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote