Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 11:14   #406
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 135
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
New maiden album "Final Frontier" released.
Had pre booked the album from Landmark. Got a poster free!
atrisarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 14:39   #407
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 726
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I will have to visit a shop in the next few days to get hold of the new Maiden album.
PlanetM over here is useless, last time even a week after Megadeth's Endgame was released world wide, it was not stocked over there.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 15:20   #408
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,484
Thanked: 8,377 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Had pre booked the album from Landmark. Got a poster free!
Is this available in India? If yes, I will go now! Just called them up. Its Available!

Last edited by ampere : 17th August 2010 at 15:23.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 15:51   #409
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,569
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is this available in India? If yes, I will go now! Just called them up. Its Available!
Am on my way as well - See you there.

As Cliched as it my be - Up The Irons!

In other news, how come no shows for a long long time?
Bangalore is running dry on shows.
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 16:00   #410
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

^ Testament are booked to play in B'lore on 30th Oct! Still awaiting news about Slayer!
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:08   #411
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 135
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

^ Thats gonna be one hell of a brutal show. I heard from a friend that Slayer is confirmed too.
atrisarkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:12   #412
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,484
Thanked: 8,377 Times
Default

Ran to landmark, got one for myself and giving a spin at home while working from home!


My Harmon Kardon is blazing away as I write this. Needless to say, family gone on vacation!

I must say I cannot believe that Nicko is more than 60 and gives a performance like this.
Recording is good and suddenly the texture changes from one song to another.

Will write after a full spin! Let me soak it in first.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:30   #413
BHPian
 
rapideffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

I was searching for Final Frontier at Landmark Andheri(W) yesterday and couldn't find it there. Anyways I got SCREAM -Ozzy from there.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:30   #414
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,040
Thanked: 6,320 Times
Default

I've been listening to Porcupine Tree off late, and they're fantastic! Largely because of the heavy Floyd influences. They aren't too hard, but progressive and clean. Great vocals complimented by brilliant drumming and sticky guitar-riffs!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:55   #415
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,484
Thanked: 8,377 Times
Default

Amazingly complex compared to their previous AMOLAD. Drumming is superb. Somehow I felt the soaring leads missing. Instead he base of Steve can be heard everywhere. Songs are pretty complex. Will take some to get used to.

BTW I also saw Ozzy's album, but though I will pick that up later. I also got Flight 666 DVD for myself to round off my maiden purchase!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 18:11   #416
Team-BHP Support
 
suhaas307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,040
Thanked: 6,320 Times
Default

Bangalore head-bangers, listen up!

I recently discovered this exclusive music-merchandise store on Church Street called 'Hysteria'. They have the most amazing collection of rock music related merchandise in town! Original concert-posters signed by the bands, concert DVDs, watches, clocks, bags, key-chains, flip-flops(!) and the lot, all under one roof! I was positively chuffed when I stumbled upon this place. Nedless to say, I walked out with my hands full!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 18:18   #417
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
^ Thats gonna be one hell of a brutal show. I heard from a friend that Slayer is confirmed too.
It's rumored that Slayer will also play, however Slayer's site has no details on it yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
I was searching for Final Frontier at Landmark Andheri(W) yesterday and couldn't find it there. Anyways I got SCREAM -Ozzy from there.
Check out Planet M at the Andheri (west) Shoppers Stop. They may have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Amazingly complex compared to their previous AMOLAD. Drumming is superb. Somehow I felt the soaring leads missing. Instead he base of Steve can be heard everywhere. Songs are pretty complex. Will take some to get used to.

BTW I also saw Ozzy's album, but though I will pick that up later. I also got Flight 666 DVD for myself to round off my maiden purchase!
Great choice Amp! Flight 666 is a great film!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Bangalore head-bangers, listen up!

I recently discovered this exclusive music-merchandise store on Church Street called 'Hysteria'. They have the most amazing collection of rock music related merchandise in town! Original concert-posters signed by the bands, concert DVDs, watches, clocks, bags, key-chains, flip-flops(!) and the lot, all under one roof! I was positively chuffed when I stumbled upon this place. Nedless to say, I walked out with my hands full!
I'm going to be raiding this place when I come for the show in October! now where exactly is Church street?
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 09:09   #418
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 726
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

^I second Flight 666 DVD - awesome experience, especially to see Latin American crowds go wild..Not to say that the Mumbai crowd was any less intense! (missed that show but I did see them in Bangalore in 2007)

Wolfheart, I bet you are coming for Slayer and I will be there for Testament, so how about hooking up then? and raiding that store too
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 14:59   #419
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Wolfheart, I bet you are coming for Slayer and I will be there for Testament, so how about hooking up then? and raiding that store too
Sure thing dude! I'm normally found at Guzzlers' Inn before the gig
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 17:02   #420
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
I'm going to be raiding this place when I come for the show in October! now where exactly is Church street?
Its the road perpendicular to Brigade road. I have seen that(Hysteria) place from outside, never set my foot in for fear of lightening my wallet! :P
Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Indian Rock Music Thread Scorcher Shifting gears 47 17th June 2017 09:46
best budget component speakers for heavy metal? naru In-Car Entertainment 32 6th August 2015 12:26
The Heavy Trucks thread amit V8 Commercial Vehicles 912 20th April 2012 09:21
Rock Riders Torquing Indian Rock aargee Motorbikes 1 3rd September 2010 15:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks