Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 22:23   #121
BHPian
 
ladak.imran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 291
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

@Wolfheart:

Haaan!
They're just too much! What amazing tones!

And to think they're such an old band ! (I heard about them for the first time a couple months ago)

Oroborus is one of my fav Gojira songs! love the riff!

Glad to know someone out here who listens to this kind of stuff!

BTW what do you do? and what do you drive?!
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 12:10   #122
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 628
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

been listening to Powerwolf albums of late and i cant seem to want to stop

they are amazing and of course the new Primal Fear album is also pretty good.
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 13:28   #123
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladak.imran View Post
@Wolfheart:

Haaan!
They're just too much! What amazing tones!

And to think they're such an old band ! (I heard about them for the first time a couple months ago)

Oroborus is one of my fav Gojira songs! love the riff!

Glad to know someone out here who listens to this kind of stuff!

BTW what do you do? and what do you drive?!
Hi,

I was listining to Septic Flesh's album "Communion" in my Scorpio today. It's easily one of the best (death) metal albums I've heard in a long long time. I would recommend it to everyone who likes death metal........it doesnt get any better than this!!

I work as an immigration consultant...........what about you?
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 05:30   #124
BHPian
 
ladak.imran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 291
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Hi,

I was listining to Septic Flesh's album "Communion" in my Scorpio today. It's easily one of the best (death) metal albums I've heard in a long long time. I would recommend it to everyone who likes death metal........it doesnt get any better than this!!

I work as an immigration consultant...........what about you?
I'm a graphic designer based in Bombay - trying to set up my own design studio.

As of now i drive a zen (8 years old), but soon I'm gonna change my car.
Choice of new car = Gypsy!


And i'll give Communion a hear.. Thanks!
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2009, 10:51   #125
BHPian
 
gonewithwind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 144
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Indian classical, Jamaican music(Ska, Rocksteady, Reggae)
gonewithwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 14:59   #126
BHPian
 
rapideffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Thx man! Unfortunately no speakers on my pc at work. Will go home and give it a listen.

Did you find the the Uriah Heep albums at Planet M?
Wolfheart,

Finally I found one at Planet M (Andheri-W), "Equator" the same album which contains " It's the night of the Wolf". More to that I was looking for Abominog, but not in stock.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 16:07   #127
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Wolfheart,

Finally I found one at Planet M (Andheri-W), "Equator" the same album which contains " It's the night of the Wolf". More to that I was looking for Abominog, but not in stock.
Cool! There's this attendant there I cant recall his name but he's north-eastern and a metalhead. Ask him, he could probably order it for you.
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 16:15   #128
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,736
Thanked: 337 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Guys,

I want to buy Uriah Heep all albums, do anybody know where can I get this in Mumbai.
aah Uriah Heep, been a long time I heard that one. I did try to find their albums a few years back but most record stores gave me such looks that i stopped looking for them. Do let me know where you find them. Will gather courage and try again (in Bangalore)
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 18:08   #129
BHPian
 
rapideffect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
aah Uriah Heep, been a long time I heard that one. I did try to find their albums a few years back but most record stores gave me such looks that i stopped looking for them. Do let me know where you find them. Will gather courage and try again (in Bangalore)
Same story here. I have searched through almost all the stores across Mumbai for the 80's stuff, a few more in my wish lists are The Hooters, Type O Negative, Triumph, Hawkind etc.

Luckily I have got only Equator(UH) out of their 14 Albums. Wolf Heart has suggested me this store since he has seen it and now the album has a wolf song in it.

Check it with Planet M in your area. The planet M Andheri(W) has no further UH in stock, I have bought the one available.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2009, 23:26   #130
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 152
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Ok,

lemme get this right........it's a japanese band with russian girls singing in english who have a slight moustache???.......... just kiddin

I'll look it up and let you know soon.
Now I realise, it may have been Loudness that I was searching for, need to get in touch with a long lost friend who had loaned me the tape, thanks, I always get into serious debate with my friends when I tell them that there is melody in the way metal sounds, one just needs to find it
aburagohain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 09:43   #131
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 628
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

^ exactly. in my engineering college days, me and my friend used to be the only two guys who used to listen to metal! guys used to come to me and ask me to listen to backstreet boys, aqua, celine dion and what not! but yes i used to tell them to "listen" to metal and not just "hear" it.
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 14:08   #132
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Same story here. I have searched through almost all the stores across Mumbai for the 80's stuff, a few more in my wish lists are The Hooters, Type O Negative, Triumph, Hawkind etc.


Whoah! Type O Negative happen to be favorites for my GF and me! Make sure to get "Bloody Kisses" and "October Rust". Those albums contain Type-O's finest music. Goth Metal at it's best!!!
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 21:47   #133
Newbie
 
nobetterID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 19
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Have you guys heard ..
Scary kids scaring kids
and
3 inches of blood - I guess the only Canadian metal outfit (outside of Jag Panzer) that I like.
nobetterID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2009, 16:27   #134
BHPian
 
Wolfheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 160
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
Have you guys heard ..
Scary kids scaring kids
and
3 inches of blood - I guess the only Canadian metal outfit (outside of Jag Panzer) that I like.
I heard 3 inches of blood in a music store in sydney. Sounded pretty riffy like 80's thrash /speed metal, which is awesome. Is most of their stuff similar?

If you like your metal with maple syrup (read canadian) you absolutely must try listening to Strapping Young Lad!!!
Wolfheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 01:58   #135
BHPian
 
ladak.imran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 291
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Ah, strapping young lad - the vocalist has another project called the Devin Townsend Band (or just plain Devin Townsend), and the music he makes is BRILLIANT!
multiple layered tracks, great vocal phrasing, and overall good tunes.

@ nobetterID
I saw 3inches of blood live in london (they were performing with arch enemy, devil driver and opeth, at Defenders of the Faith)... their stage act was pretty good.
-i was there for opeth. and the sound setup was a tad bit disappointing. afsos.
ladak.imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Indian Rock Music Thread Scorcher Shifting gears 47 17th June 2017 09:46
best budget component speakers for heavy metal? naru In-Car Entertainment 32 6th August 2015 12:26
The Heavy Trucks thread amit V8 Commercial Vehicles 912 20th April 2012 09:21
Rock Riders Torquing Indian Rock aargee Motorbikes 1 3rd September 2010 15:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks