Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th May 2017, 19:44   #271
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)

I planning on a bunk bed with queen size + single bed on top. I am exploring readymade options before getting it made. Something like this,
Name:  Barnley_Single_Queen_Storage_Bunk_Bed_02.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  19.4 KB

Link: https://www.urbanladder.com/products...torage-bunkbed
It is sold out on urban ladder. Any shops which have similar options?
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 08:31   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
You dont have a market like Kirti nagar over there?
I got more or less the same recliner built for 19k, when UL was offering it for 22.But, I got to choose the material used, the color, the number of panels, and the stuffing.

Doing duty very well.
You've just got to treat it like you treat your car seat.
Hey can you tell me the shop in Kirti nagar from whom you bought the recliners? I need to buy a set.

Also guys is it safe to buy furniture from Pepperfry or Urban ladder? I need to buy 2 beds and a sofa and few more smaller items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
If anyone is looking for a deal on laZboy recliners, they are on sale on flipkart and after the Citibank discount it is working out to 25.5k compared to 31k that I paid for it three months back. It's a sweet deal.
And how is the review for the recliners? I am looking to buy.

Last edited by drmohitg : 12th May 2017 at 08:34.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 09:08   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
H
Also guys is it safe to buy furniture from Pepperfry or Urban ladder? I need to buy 2 beds and a sofa and few more smaller items.
I will vouch for the safety aspect. I have bought a Bookshelf from Urban Ladder and two king size beds and side table from Pepperfry over a year back. All are doing fine. Its always better to spend a bit more and go for solid Sheesham wood furniture. These are built better.
I also had a good experience with woodenstreet.com. Bought a Sheesham wood TV unit from them. That is good too. Only downside is they take too long to ship, sometimes upto 6 weeks.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 09:48   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey can you tell me the shop in Kirti nagar from whom you bought the recliners? I need to buy a set.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/search...6pD8kQ8gEIJTAA

Roundabout here. It should say something to the effect of sofa hi sofa or something. There's a ton of other shops as well. I would suggest that you go inside a bit, away from the main road. Better deals. By the by, the recliner is still doing duty without any issues.
I bought a bed from PF and thats also working out well. If you're into spring mattresses, I would suggest Boston mattresses, based in noida. Look it up.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th May 2017 at 12:37. Reason: Making the Lat/Long a link so its understandable by everyone :)
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 12:02   #275
BHPian

Quote:
.. whom you bought the recliners? I need to buy a set.
I have purchased two lazboy recliners from UL and thought was getting a good deal but within two months it became available on SD and FK and with the bank offers it was cheaper there. Went the branded route for warranty and quality purposes.
Attached Thumbnails
The Furniture Thread (Home/Office)-1494570726766.jpg  

diyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 16:38   #276
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I planning on a bunk bed with queen size + single bed on top. I am exploring readymade options before getting it made. Something like this,
I have multiple examples of these ONLINE FURNITURE becoming loose from joints and some even developing cracks during summers as the wood was not cured properly. 75% of these use SHEESHAM wood.

I would suggest to get it made. It will survive for ten years and that in my view is ideal age span of such beds.
By that time the kids will grow out of them.

Regards-Sonu

Last edited by ariesonu : 12th May 2017 at 16:40.
ariesonu is offline   Reply With Quote