| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|14th February 2006, 23:04||#1|
Senior - BHPian
The TBHP T-Shirt Design Thread
I've put off the design of the t-shirts long enough...and now that the Goa meet looms large, and someone has put my name and t-shirt together, I am starting this thread!
This is an open call to all designs. All slogans. All anything you want on a TBHP shirt.
1. Designs: please put them up here. Colours, B/W, it's all welcome. Let your imagination run wild on your mental t-shirt. JPEG it. Don't pm me. Put them up for everyone to see.
2. Slogans: Nothing too offensive. Please stylize them as far as possible, so I can combine them with any design to see.
Any one with any ideas, please feel free to contribute.
I might add, I have NEVER done anything like this, so erm...heeeeeeeelp!!!
|15th February 2006, 12:41||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore (the city of modded cars) !!
Thanked: 28 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Ok i know im bad at all this .. But anyways my views nonetheless ..
1. Colour of the shirts to be either in black/white ..
2. Have the official tbhp logo on the front or have custom avtars like this one
Now should this be small or should it cover the entire front of the shirt ???
Or should we have a pic of a super car or something ???
3. At the back we could have a catchline , for that i would suggest we look at a few good signatures .. Im sure there are a few great ones .. Eg : arush etc ..
These are just the basic ideas , but i guess we could begin from these and then work on each part collectively ..
PS : I think it would really help if each one of us would give out OUR IDEAs of how we want a customised tbhp t-shirt to look like .. We could use a few points from everyone , and pull it off ..
Last edited by mclaren1885 : 15th February 2006 at 12:46.
|15th February 2006, 19:03||#4|
Hey, I wud like to differ a bit on the colors of the t-shirts !! I feel a more vibrant color is needed and not the regular black and white stuff .. I know these colors are safer but I feel yellow, red , orange are better when it comes to tee's !!
Have a small logo on the chest and a catchline on the back of the t-shirt !! Cover the entire back ... not the front .. and NO super cars or stuff like that ... probably a phrase or something that defines team-bhp !!
|15th February 2006, 19:28||#5|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanked: 7 Times
Btw, I designed a tee using the good old paint tool (my dear comp not powerful enough to run photoshop!). This tee talks about how it's reserved for the "elite club of car lovers". Tell me what you guys think.
Last edited by ghostrider4385 : 15th February 2006 at 19:31.
|15th February 2006, 19:36||#7|
Nice work .. but having this in the front wud leave the back empty and I'd prefer something big on the back -- and this we can't put in the back as it has a double meaning to it .. !!
|15th February 2006, 20:47||#11|
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bangalore -> Coorg
Thanked: 31 Times
Hey i had told rahul something....and i felt it was good.I dont know about him or the others though...
@Mclaren: man atleast put that little idea i gave u.
|15th February 2006, 21:34||#12|
Join Date: Apr 2004
Thanked: 4,150 Times
Letís think little more constructive. Weíre (support team) talking about this for some time.
The main issue is the logistics. To make T-shirts for members (4000+) in different size is not a cake walk. Standard good printing in good/decent material (bulk) is possible in Tirpur, Tamilnadu. But most of the garment manufacturers there are booked with other orders. But Iím not saying thatís the only place to print. Now look at the cost:
Plain T-shirt (good material) in bulk, @ 100/-. Letís take a fictitious quantity of 2500. So weíre talking about 250000/-printing (depending on complexity) may vary from 30/- to 50/-. So letís take 75000/- to 125000/-. Post that there is packing, forwarding and sending them to different places. I donít have an exact figure for this but depending on courier services, itíll be 70/- to 200/- for a kg. Since I have no idea about 2500 t-shirts weight, I cannot put a figure next to it.
Collecting and arranging funds in one place would be a nightmare. Let me assure you that. Support team members are either working or seriously engulfed in their studies. I really donít see this happening in that way, unless we have different thoughts. Here it goes:
1. We can have city specific printer. One/two members from each city can take the initiative to collect money for the T-shirts. They also have to identify the printer/s from their city. Cost may vary from city to city but nobody has any control on that. Identify the printer. Contact your members (interested) in that city through PM. Ask them about their preferred T-shirt size. Collect money. Get them printed. Let members collect them from one address. Tell printer that you may go for re- printing so he should keep all the artwork, film positives carefully.
2. Start designing T-shirt. Itís fun for those who love doing design. PM them to me. We at support team will take a call on designs and choose a few for final printing. Once the designs are finalised, artwork of those will be made. Iíll take care of that part.
3. We may end up having 3 to 4 (coded with number) final designs. Final designs will be posted on forums, so that interested members can decide which one to go for and on what size.
4. While checking with the printers, please check in which way they want the artwork. It could be positives or electronic artwork (CD) in particular application/software. Let support team know about this well in advance. Artwork (from support team) will reach city specific organisers in due time.
5. Members from overseas can choose design/size and let support team know. Shipping/courier cost would the addition along with the T-shirt cost.
It surely looks pretty complex but this is the only sure footed way to have TBHP T-shirts across the country.
|15th February 2006, 21:49||#13|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2005
Thanked: 352 Times
Guys will these tshirts be on sale.And by what time you need these designs.Please tell name a particular member who is going to undertake this task,so we can discuss about more things.
Also will there be a small size for members like me??
Here are my two designs,will give more after my exams.
1.)Its says"steer me" this thing could be printed at the back too,while the front can have teambhp logo.
2.)This is a patriotic theme,only for black,with teambhp written in tricolour of the indian flag.
The back can have a slogan like "I am its member are you?" or "I am proud to be a Teambhpian"
|15th February 2006, 23:22||#15|
Senior - BHPian
Rudra, I humbly suggest that all designs be put up on this thread for everyone to see, rather than PMing.
Also, maybe we can work towards co-ordinating distribution at a meet, rather than shipping/couriering them. A big national meet is being planned, and having them ready for the participants would be a great idea.
ps. Gordon, nice designs...
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Calling graphic designers to help with T-Shirt design||mail4ajo||Shifting gears||5||6th August 2012 09:01|
|Customized T-shirt printing||racingmachine||Shifting gears||11||18th May 2010 18:54|
|How does an Engineer fold a T-shirt?||srijit||Shifting gears||0||5th October 2008 19:35|
|Team-BHP T-Shirt||rishibravo||Shifting gears||29||25th April 2007 13:22|