Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 17th February 2006, 19:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385

After hitech city near cybergate is where all the drags take place on weekends at around 1:30 or so in the morning. But it's not a place where everyone is allowed. You might find it hard to believe but, because of the influence of the parents of the kids who drag, sometimes cops actually flag off drags there!!! I did'nt believe that when I heard it the first time too! LOL...take about bureaucracy working for you!
Can u let me know through a PM when the Next Drag Race Takes place here in Hyd..Would definitely be interested in joining in the fun !!
paharino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 20:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
and i seriously doubt about the drag races happening there ... Seriously ...
These drags take place on the straight set of roads right after that building with the german name starting with a 'v'... I don't know how to pronounce it. I have been there only once... it's mostly guys who have stage 1 mods done racing with other stage 1 set ups or with stocks.

There is only one chap (a prominent tollywood stars son) using our indian lancer in which a evo VI engine with twin turbo is installed by someone in banglore (this being confirmed by v1p3r). He's also got a zex 50bhp shot nos kit installed if i'm not wrong.

And don't worry about you not knowing about it.... hardly anyone otherthan the people involved do!

Godspeed.

Alok.
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 20:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Can u let me know through a PM when the Next Drag Race Takes place here in Hyd..Would definitely be interested in joining in the fun !!
I will find out and let you know if others can come too... which I doubt (I am NOT sure)... I went there because one of my friends is a avid dragster there and that too only once :(.

I found out... I was wrong.. it is not held on all weekends... just on weekends when people are willing... it's not as serious as the ones held in banglore.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 18th February 2006, 05:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Discussing such things on a public forum will tend to make it really problematic .. And i think we could end up loosing out on the fun entirely .. For further details u can either PM me or try and make it to the weekend meets .. Cant reveal anything , but all i can say almost every pimped ride in town it out there showing off during the weekends..

Yes please contact mclaren about it and meet up for the weekend its good fun... Most of us Bhpian's are usually there... with our rides...
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 12:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
There is only one chap (a prominent tollywood stars son) using our indian lancer in which a evo VI engine with twin turbo is installed by someone in banglore (this being confirmed by v1p3r). He's also got a zex 50bhp shot nos kit installed if i'm not wrong.

And don't worry about you not knowing about it.... hardly anyone otherthan the people involved do!
its called VANENBURG IT PARK ...
well .. i personally know that Prominent Tollywood stars son ..
i have seen his so called EVO which is a duck .. and i also know that his NOS kit is not working as it was fitted wrongly.. I actually drove that car .. We wanted that car to run as 0 car in APMSC DECCAN RALLY .. and that car was absolutely in no condition to run on streets forget about rally stages.. eventually that guy sat with my friend who drove 0 car in an old 1000 ..
and did you ACTUALLY see a drag race happening ?????? did you see with your own eyes OR just someone told you ..?????
haryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 19:12   #21
BHPian

lol....ye, Vanenburg. I can never get that name straight! haha.... I've heard so many people ranting and raving about that chaps car! Shows that people here are just happy to know whats under the hood than to actually see if the car can run! Good thing you told me this, the next time someone tells me something about how hot this car is, I can show this to them! Like I said, I have seen only one of them happening. But like I mentioned, it's nothing compared to what i've heard so much about the banglore drags. now THATS what I wanna see!

OFFTOPIC: So, are you in for the TBHP National meet?
Old 19th February 2006, 00:29   #22
Senior - BHPian

Trust me, the Bangalore drags are something that even we want to see!!!
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 07:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Trust me, the Bangalore drags are something that even we want to see!!!
Thats actually quite funny.. cause i have heard about them happening but never know where they take place.. if you guys are talking about them happening on MG road then you are mistaken as all you will find are modified cars standing on the roadsides on the week end nights near the chai waalas. Thats all.. they dont race.. not as much as it has already been hyped up.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2006, 10:43   #24
BHPian

Quote:
OFFTOPIC: So, are you in for the TBHP National meet?
Aye Aye ... I am in ... Definitely
Old 19th February 2006, 11:27   #25
BHPian

Hey haryan,
<OFFTOPIC> Won't your friend know about these drags? From what someone told me it was supposed to be held last sat, at the above mentioned place. But the bloke I was supposed to go with ended up with the flu. I really want to see if there is any change in these drags since that time when I saw em. PM me if you get to know anything.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 19th February 2006, 14:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hey haryan,
<OFFTOPIC> Won't your friend know about these drags? From what someone told me it was supposed to be held last sat, at the above mentioned place. .
have you been to that road Alok ..
that road is a single lane with about 10 big companies both call centres and software and that road is fully occupied on both sides by those call centre Cabs .. and that road has a police checkpost also .. so absolutely NO way anyone can drag there ...
and last year when Maruti organised the DragRace in association with ACI , there was a very low turnout of entries .. we actually had to call up people and asked them to participate and that was the FIRST and LAST time that Hyderabad had the taste of organised drag .. what is actually happening is that there are two or three Zens ,cosmetically modified,you can see them parked at PITSTOP car accessories shop on rajbhavan road, which took part in last years Drag and they must be dragging each other for fun on streets ...
there is no orgainised drag happening in Hyd .. for sure
Old 19th February 2006, 15:15   #27
Senior - BHPian

People, not to sour your enthusiasm, but this thread has gone seriously off-topic, completely off the original intended topic. Let's not make this a city specific event, you guys can always start another thread, or PM too.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 13:32   #28
BHPian

Default Re: City Hang outs!!!!

Bangalore: The only place, Empire (but I feel their quality has gone down), The Naga Kitchen, Opus. Used to love Cosmo Village (many pleasant memories there) but I think its either closed or the management has changed and its not such a nice place anymore.
I also recommend Sunny's.

Bombay: Leopolds Cafe (not been there after the terror attacked) and the terrace/rooftop of the Intercontinental.

I loved the pub/bar called Cowboys or Bulls and Beer or something, its got a western theme and is one of the star hotels lining the airport road in Chennai near towards the airport (cant remember the name properly)
gtonsing is offline   Reply With Quote