Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th August 2011, 15:22   #1
BHPian

Default Coffee Table Books (Automotive & Others)

Hi Bhp'ians,
In a lot of posts our fellow bhp'ians have mentioned about 'Coffee Table Books' they collect, but I could not find a thread dedicated to it. So I am starting this thread. There are various categories of books both Automotive and Others.

Automotive for e.g.: classics cars, sports and super cars, Muscle Cars, Cars driven by Maharaja's, Based on Famous Brands, Famous Models, F1 etc etc.

Others: Art, Food, County, Cities etc. etc.

Request all to post their collection, wish list etc. and pictures of at-least the cover page so as to not break any copyrights issues. I have recently started collecting automotive related books and will post the details soon.

Mods: If a similar thread already exists or you do not find this thread useful please take necessary action.
curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 08:51   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Coffee Table Books (Automotive & Others)

I dont know about other Indian automotive manufacturers, but there is a Royal Enfield Coffee Table book available.

The Hindu : Book Review : Showcasing a legendary motorcycle
the_trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 15:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

I bought this book sometime back and its a worth every rupee that it costed. It covers history of 4x4 and how it has evolved to the current state. Also has sections on which car/suv uses what kind of 4x4. Here is the link

Apollo - India - Promotions

I am contemplating publishing some sections from the book here, would it lead to copyright violation? Any comments?
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 15:24   #4
BHPian

I have a few books, namely:

The Ultimate History of Ferrari
The Ultimate History of Mercedes Benz
The Ultimate History of BMW
The Ultimate History of Porsche
The Ultimate History of Fast Cars

Just today I received a copy of this: Apollo - India - Promotions

It's the Apollo Driving off the Map! Based on Off Roading with detailed data on the past and present of Off-Roading.

I would love to own this one: Pagani, the Story of a Dream - Books It's the First Coffee Table Book by Pagani. This basic edition cost EUR 79, but There is an edition which costs EUR 189 that has been personally signed The Man: Horacio Pagani himself and is limited to 800 copies. Would love to get hold of one of these.

Few books which have been discussed on our forums are
'The Maharaja and their Magnificent Motor Cars'. Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...otor-cars.html (Book Review : The Maharajas & Their Magnificent Motor Cars)

Scorpio Coffee Table Book. Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ndra-corp.html (Received a copy of the Mahindra Scorpio Coffee Table Book - direct from Mahindra Corp)
Old 25th August 2011, 15:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Related thread : Must-Read books for automotive enthusiasts

And here's one for classic car fans : Maharaja's & their cars (Book Review : The Maharajas & Their Magnificent Motor Cars)

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2011 at 15:50.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 18:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
I dont know about other Indian automotive manufacturers, but there is a Royal Enfield Coffee Table book available.
Wow that's great! Would love to get hold of one. Let me try! Thanks for the find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
I bought this book sometime back and its a worth every rupee that it costed. It covers history of 4x4 and how it has evolved to the current state. Also has sections on which car/suv uses what kind of 4x4. Here is the link

Apollo - India - Promotions

I am contemplating publishing some sections from the book here, would it lead to copyright violation? Any comments?
I agree with you mayank! The book is totally worth it. Good information in there. I would not advice you to publish sections as it would lead to copyright violation, unless obviously you have got the permission to post them here!

What other books do you have?
Old 9th December 2013, 14:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

my micro collection of coffee table books
  • Royal Enfield coffee table book
  • Mahindra Scorpio coffee table book
  • Apollo Tyres Driving off the map coffee table book
  • Land Rover File - 65th Anniversary Edition: All Models Since 1947
I am looking out for XUV5OO coffee table book. Neither book stores nor Mahindra seem to have any info it. I put in a request on thier website but all i get is a call telling me they will get back.

They have info on XUV5OO but not on XUV5OO Coffee table book.

Any help appreciated. I am looking to buy one. Even second hand in okay condition is fine.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote