Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st February 2006, 18:58   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default For the IT Professionals - Whats the best client management system?

Hi

This one should not be difficult, with so many software pros on Team-BHP. Any help would be much appreciated.

My organisation is in the need for a professional client management system (CMS). We are currently using one since the last 2 years, but I can now feel its limitations. The business volumes will make it imperative to upgrade in the next 6 - 9 months and I dont want to wait till the last minute.

Things to keep in mind:

1. The CMS must be intranet driven, and reside on our office server. It must have a central database, and not individual ones on our staffs computers.

2. Marginal customisations are imperative due to the nature of our business.

3. We need to track our clients from the initial contact stage to the time that the service has been completely provided. There are currently 9 different stages that the clients flow through : step by step.

4. It would be great to have automatic email templates etc. built within (sync with outlook express) etc.

5. Ease of use and intuitiveness (say like Windows) is important.

6. Cost is not a limitation at all, for the right product.

Most of all, it should make my life as a manager easier. In terms of managing my office staff, clients, operational efficiencies etc.

Suggestions? Thanks much in advance for the help

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2006, 21:16   #2
BHPian

Hey GTO,

Did you try www.salesforce.com ? You may not be able to buy it for hosting in your web server but I am not sure again....check it out. If you want a custom made solution, I have one that we developed for a European client that makes close to 11,000 calls a month and wanted a system to keep track of all their clients... Am not going further cuz I dont want you to feel am trying to sell a product here

Regards
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 10:49   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quicksilver,

Thanks for sharing the salesforce link. I have just asked one of my staff members to open a trial account and do some testing to gauge how suitable it is for us. The only limitation I do see is that it is accessible only from their website, and there is nothing to install on our office server. With Indian internet connectivity being what it is, this could be a problem.

Any others that may be recommended?

GTO
Old 22nd February 2006, 13:31   #4
Team-BHP Support

GTO, Siebel is one of the best known CRM tool that you can look at. And yes it can be programmed to customize. There are a lot of siebel programmers around who do this.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 14:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

BroadVision used to be one of the names floating around in the CRM world once upon a time. Not sure where they stand now.
http://www.broadvision.com

Microsoft too has something .. and this you may find more user friendly since it comes from the makers of Windows !
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/CRM/default.mspx

Although you did say budget was not an issue, I believe some of these biggies are more geared towards big enterprises, some towards small and medium businesses (I have no idea which is which). So you would need to be careful that you don't end up buying a product which is capable of 1001 features of which you end up using only say 51 !

Another option would be to study a few such demo products, chalk out your own specific requirements and get a small but reliable software firm to develop it for you. You will have your very own product with exactly what you want ready in 6 to 7 months.

Last edited by shuvc : 22nd February 2006 at 14:06.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 14:31   #6
BHPian

Microsoft CRM 3.0 seems to be good... you can try a 90-day trial download that you can get here... do note that the download size is HUGE... 350 MB to 950 MB depending on the options.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Alternatively, use the online demo server and create an account for playing around here...

http://mscrm.demoservers.com/

Hope this helps....

regards

Sri
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2006, 16:55   #7
BHPian

Default Crm/erp

Best is to have it devloped, so you get all the features you want.
you can also check the following website -
[FONT=Arial]Website: [/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]www.globsyst.com[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Arial]
Website: [/FONT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]www.eresourceerp.com[/COLOR][/FONT]
my friends own the company.

all the best
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 15:15   #8
BHPian

Have a look at "ACT" (act.com). It is basically a contact management system. I use it for the same. Pretty neat for managing schedule and history of the contacts etc. The only issue is that the email facility is not that great.
Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 16:35   #9
BHPian

Hi GTO,

You can look at Sales Logix for your CRM needs. It has got both SFA and Service modules. I believe SL could integrate with your outlook for messaging purpose. Integrating with your intranet is also possible.

But for suggesting the right one, can you please mention me what type of business you're in.
rapideffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2006, 17:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Siebel is the big (or biggest) name in CRM space. Why don't you have a look at it?
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2006, 18:24   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Firstly - THANKS A TON to all that contributed with valuable information.

My team went through the numerous options listed here, and unanimously decided on one thing - All of them offer much more than we could ever require! 99% of the features on offer by the biggies is not relevant to our 20 employee office.

We have now decided on customised options. Can any of you recommend a high quality player who would be able to design a custom system for us?

Thanks

GTO
Old 8th March 2006, 20:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
We have now decided on customised options. Can any of you recommend a high quality player who would be able to design a custom system for us?

Thanks

GTO
did you check with quicksilver... he had mentioned about a similar software that his company sells... in post number 2.
tifosikrishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 14:31   #13
BHPian

Hi GTO,
check this out [COLOR=#008000]www.vtiger.com their product vtiger CRM v5 I think, its downloadable open source CRM software and I have tried it, this could be definitely useful to you and I think it comes for free . Let me know if you are unable to download it I have v4 with me, I could pass it onto you

Last edited by anarchist : 9th March 2006 at 14:33.
anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote