Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 24th February 2006, 19:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Amazon customer service gone downhill ?

The customer service has seriously gone downhill (some would say it is excellent customer service) . They do not read emails correctly. I had to send them about 5 emails to ask for return postage on a faulty good to be put on my credit card. For some reason they insisted it had to go back as gift vouchers as that is how I had paid the post office. Strange that because I paid the post office using cash.

Also they keep giving me refunds for products, sometimes even double refunds. My Canon A610 has cost me nothing due to mistakes by customer service. In fact I am now up about £40 on the whole purchase. They even know about the mistakes but are not too bothered.

It is a rather strange approach to customer service. Has anyone else received such service or am I the lucky one to get free cameras etc ?
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2006, 20:14   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
The customer service has seriously gone downhill (some would say it is excellent customer service) . They do not read emails correctly. I had to send them about 5 emails to ask for return postage on a faulty good to be put on my credit card. For some reason they insisted it had to go back as gift vouchers as that is how I had paid the post office. Strange that because I paid the post office using cash.

Also they keep giving me refunds for products, sometimes even double refunds. My Canon A610 has cost me nothing due to mistakes by customer service. In fact I am now up about 40 on the whole purchase. They even know about the mistakes but are not too bothered.

It is a rather strange approach to customer service. Has anyone else received such service or am I the lucky one to get free cameras etc ?
Hmmm maybe I should start buying stuff from Amazon too...

This is the first time I've heard of benefit coming to the customer and the company not interested in fixing it...
satyamenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 02:40   #3
BHPian

Amazon's customer care folks are located at ITPL in Bangalore. So dont expect much from these 'executives'
ritik123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2006, 02:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritik123
Amazon's customer care folks are located at ITPL in Bangalore. So dont expect much from these 'executives'
I am surprised that the output of the workers is not monitored/audited.
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote