Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 19th September 2011, 16:48   #1
BHPian

Default Shopyourworld.com - BEWARE

I had ordered a bag through shopyourworld.com, they were unable to fulfill the order, informed me that they will refund the money. Its been 7 weeks from the date of order, i have not received the refund still. I am in touch with them and everyday they are giving excuses.
Need suggestions to drag them to court. These online companies are not registered in India. So any idea how this can be handled.

Mods,
If any thread exists please merge.
rk_sans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 17:01   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Shopyourworld.com - BEWARE

@ rk_sans

Pleas may i know as to what drew you to shop with them ? Because among all the other online retailers i found them to be the most expensive.
karty_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 17:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for letting everyone know, i think there needs to be a thread created for this purpose. I am registered to shopyourworld.com and thought they are better than borderlinx. Glad that i never used them and cant thank you enough.

My experience with Borderlinx have been decent. Stuff has arrived in time and few hassles (I never had to leave home).
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 18:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
@ rk_sans

Pleas may i know as to what drew you to shop with them ? Because among all the other online retailers i found them to be the most expensive.
The bag i was looking for was reasonable priced and would be delivered to door step.

All,
Any suggestions on registering a complaint against such online stores.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:39   #5
BHPian

I am planning to buy a tissot watch online.Could someone please guide me on which is a safe site?Its not available near my place so only option is to book online.Is infibeam good?They have the watch that i require.Its a gift for my dad by the way.

Last edited by revintup : 20th September 2011 at 11:41. Reason: more info added
revintup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
I am planning to buy a tissot watch online.Could someone please guide me on which is a safe site?Its not available near my place so only option is to book online.Is infibeam good?They have the watch that i require.Its a gift for my dad by the way.
Flipkart, Infibeam & Letsbuy - all three are good, tried & tested sites (reliability in the above order). Infact till a few months back, I had a good friend working in Infibeam.

Having said that, the above sites started out with books & then moved on to electronic goods & accessories. I have bought stuff from all three sites with positive experiences (books/mobiles/pen drives/accessories).

All products offered on the above 3 sites do come with warranty & genuine bills. Watches seem to be a new product section - but you could trust them to an extent, especially if you are getting a good deal.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:38   #7
Team-BHP Support

Since you used your credit card, try getting a refund via your credit card company
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Since you used your credit card, try getting a refund via your credit card company
Won't the credit card company tell that its the customer and the seller issue. If you know how that works, could you please explain it.
Old 20th September 2011, 12:53   #9
Mik
BHPian

If i remember correctly, there is a provision in credit card transactions against online orders which have not been fulfilled. They can stop payment to the merchant if not paid. Even otherwise, you can get a reversal done. Call up the helpline.

This thread could be expanded for other online retailers which cannot be trusted. A particularly poor experience i had was with vicky.in
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2428571

Last edited by Mik : 20th September 2011 at 12:57. Reason: Edited for updating link.
Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Flipkart, Infibeam & Letsbuy - all three are good, tried & tested sites
I ordered a mobile phone from letsbuy two weeks back and it hasn't reached me yet. I was told it was couriered but never delivered.The customer care reply is sluggish and they thinks that their responsibility is over once they get money and the item shipped. No way bothered to ensure that the item reached the customer or not.
These sites donot have consumer protection like ebay where the money will given to the seller only on customer confirmation of item receipt.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:58   #11
BHPian

My experience with eBay and Flipkart has been satisfactory so far. Never tried shopyourworld.

rk_sans,

Escalate the issue. Ask to speak to the Senior Management and threaten to drag them to consumer court. You can also threaten to write about them in blogs / review sites like MouthShut.com
NoRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 14:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
I ordered a mobile phone from letsbuy two weeks back and it hasn't reached me yet. I was told it was couriered but never delivered.The customer care reply is sluggish and they thinks that their responsibility is over once they get money and the item shipped. No way bothered to ensure that the item reached the customer or not.
These sites donot have consumer protection like ebay where the money will given to the seller only on customer confirmation of item receipt.
Sad to hear that @bullboy. I had ordered my BB from Letsbuy after going through positive reviews of Tbhpians (search for letsbuy in this forum). I got it within a week. Infact my roomie booked the Samsung S1 from the site on my feedback yesterday night only.

Letsbuy are very active on twitter - tweet to them with your order number and additional details - they'll respond back within a few hours. In my case, I was charged additional octroi by the courier guy - a month later I tweeted this to the Letsbuy handle on twitter - they reverted back within an hour stating someone from the company would call back. Got the call the next day itself - they offered to refund the octroi charges, I just had to send them the octroi bill.

Also Letsbuy uses BlueDart & First Flight couriers - generally the latter are responsible for the delays. Check up with them too.

PM me if you need any additional help on this.

P.s. For people planning to do a purchase from letsbuy - try ICICILB & RCOMLB1 coupons - you generally get around 1k off.
P.s.s. I am NOT from letsbuy , just helping others like other Tbhpians helped me earlier.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 20th September 2011 at 14:03.
ninjatalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 14:16   #13
BHPian

Well I have ordered a galaxy s2 from letsbuy earlier where there was three freebies (introductory offer i think) listed on their site , an HD adapter, molife case and a screen guard.
I got the phone delivered in three days flat , i was overjoyed.
But the package didnt had any freebies, i mailed them back, and i got a call from them promising that the items will be send to me. They indeed shipped the item but this time the molife case was missing. I mailed them again but didn't got a proper reply .I ignored and didn't followup further as i bought a new case for the phone.

This time i'm sure that the courier company, bluedart messed up things , but my point is aren't the online retailers responsible to ensure that the item bought has reached the customer ?
The customers dont insist them to use a particular shipment company rather they choose it based on the benefits they get like faster shipping, better rates etc.
So whom should i blame if i dont get the package ?

Blue dart has pathetic service here .A friend of mine whose house is 500 meters away from the bluedart cargo delivery office has to collect his documents in person as they refused to deliver stating that they don't know the address. Even didnot not bother to call him to inform the same. Absolutely ridiculous.
I dont know whom to complaint to for these types of irresponsibility.

Last edited by bullboy : 20th September 2011 at 14:21.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 14:32   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Won't the credit card company tell that its the customer and the seller issue. If you know how that works, could you please explain it.
It is a simple and straight forward procedure. Just call your Card CC and tell them it is an unfulfilled order and would like to reverse the payment. Normally they give an instant credit and then launch an investigation. You will have to fill out a form with the details and send it to them. I am not sure about about other banks but Standard Chartered doesn't even need a form, just an email complaint is sufficient and Citi even accepts scanned application forms.

All the best. In future, if you want to order stuff from abroad and prepared for the higher premiums charged, use Ebay Global. I think they are more reliable and you have buyer protection to turn to in case a deal turns sour.

All the best.
patron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 14:43   #15
Team-BHP Support

Damn that sucks. I once made the mistake of ordering a camera off indiaplaza. Am no stranger to e-commerce and have bought tons of books/music from them since their Fabmart days. This was my first (and last) big-ticket item purchase from them.

They did not fulfill my order my several weeks, claimed that the item was out of stock, eventually claimed that the item was out of production, by which time I said fine, just refund my money and then they made me wait another month or so and several support tickets raised before they finally credited my card back.

I guess Indian e-tailers have a long way to go before they can catch up with the Amazons of the world. Poor consumer protection laws and an absolute joke of a torts system encourages this behaviour.

Sorry- haven't really been able to help the OP in any way except rant myself.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote