Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 29th September 2011, 00:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Information required for forming a Club

We are a goup of RC car racing fans from Chennai. We are planning to form a club to organise ourselves and move towards a national body.

A club/Association is a must when we need to conduct large organised races and also to seek international recongnition. It is also required to race abroad.

Please advise on how to form a club/association. If there is a similar thread, please merge.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2011, 19:15   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Information required for forming a Club

Perhaps drop a line to FMSCI? I'm certain they will be more than happy to help you. And yes, please do update this thread too
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 05:10   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Perhaps drop a line to FMSCI? I'm certain they will be more than happy to help you. And yes, please do update this thread too
I believe the OT intends to form a club for radio controlled (RC) car racing whereas the link provided is for racing real vehicles. There are some gasoline powered RC models so some of the aspects that FMSCI had to observe may apply, such as providing safety equipment to deal with fires. Building RC models and participating in competitions is fun indeed; the only difference from regular racing being that the 'driver' stands with both feet planted firmly on the ground!

PS: I apologise if I've incorrectly interpreted "RC".

Last edited by k_nitin_r : 30th September 2011 at 05:12.
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 18:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

I doubt FMSCI will have anything to do with RC car racing. There is no body in India today and we are trying to move towards that. But I will be checking with them to see how to get organised. A few people who are involved in full scale racing is also active in RC.

The international body for RC is IFMAR.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote