Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 7th September 2016, 18:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do

I had a harrowing experience with IRCTC but rescued by pgportal.

I booked a Train Ticket in November last year (amount Rs.9375/-) and as it was partially confirmed (one out of three) so filed a TDR as soon as the chart got prepared.
I forgot about it as TDR takes about 3 months and I thought it would automatically come to my bank account.

To my shock and horror after six months I got email stating that my TDR got rejected as I didn't file it within the stipulated time (4 hours before the scheduled departure of train) even though I filed it around 12 hrs ago. They can't verify this basic info. I was disgusted with this sarkari carelessness.

Our Railway Minister who claimed in an Interview that the personally reads every tweet hence decided to tweet him. From Twitter account of IR and Rly Min I only got the parrot type reply that the TDR claim is rejected due to my not filing TDR in time even though I did so.

I was perplexed as to in this age of digital governance what the hell is happening.

Then I filed the claim on pgportal somewhere in May 2016 and after a month or so got the reply that the scheduled departure of train was 15th Nov and I filed the claim on 19th Nov which is nothing but a blatant lie as I filed it on 14th Nov and had sent them the screenshot too showing the date and exact time.

So after all this exercise all I came to know that the claim filing date is 19th, nothing else. I guessed that as 15th Nov was Sunday IRCTC might have not filed it in time etc. But we don't have any control on IRCTC which is a Govt company and it certainly is not my mistake.

Then I again filed an Appeal against the previous order of pgportal (something like Level II) with the screenshot etc and then got a reply last week that they will return me a sum of Rs. 6850/- I was still angry that as per rule I should either get full amount less clerkage or Nil and was mentally trying to again appeal once I get the partial amount and closure report, but to my surprise I got an email from IRCTC that they have got the full refund which was finally credited to my bank account two days back.

So much so for Govt efficiency.

I am shit scared to book ticket from IRCTC after this as even if you call them they take your side but act helpless and say that they are only the courier boys between us and IR, then who should take responsibility for IRCTC actions.

This is second bad experience I had with IRCTC, in first case my TDR was rejected due to Tatkal tickets are not eligible for refund even though the train got stuck in floods and never reached the destination, the fact which railway people failed to check even though they could have done easily. Funny part was that the passengers who were told to leave the train who had got normal tickets were being given full refund on the spot. This was around four years ago but it still hurts.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:22   #77
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do

BHPian Shamanth used PGPortal to action the removal of 17 dangerous speedbreakers on the Hyderabad - Goa route

They are going to be replaced with rumber strips, which are the safer alternative (and legal for highway use).

LINK

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd May 2017 at 17:24.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote