Old 7th December 2009, 19:31   #16
v10
BHPian

Interesting article that i wanted to share-

Parsis have civilization; other Indians don?t - Lounge - livemint.com
v10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 19:49   #17
BHPian

Wow.. You sometimes dream of doing things like this but never get around doing it. I am glad I bought a Fiat. At least 50 percentage of the money went to the right place.
twinblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 21:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
Few days back there was a news of a secret meeting between Ratan Tata and Carlos Ghosn of Renault-Nissan. Can we smell something here...
Remember, Ratan Tata is open to the idea of a Non-Indian successor for heading the Tata empire.
TATA group of companies is more than TATA motors. Carlos Ghosn has experience turning around an ailing Automaker and it might make him a good choice for Jag and LR, but it doesn't automatically make him a good choice for TCS, Tetley, Taj Hotels, Tata Power and Steel companies to name a few.

Tata may be open for a foreigner as CEO but that foreigner would still come from TATA group of companies and not outside.
Mayavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 22:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
Forget about how do I apply,

Tell me WHERE do I apply
You can pay a fine of Rs. 500 and apply!

In case you get rejected, you can apply for re-evaluation too by paying another 500 Rs...
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 00:51   #20
BHPian

Read in crappy TOI that there are rumors about Indra Nooyi also.

I doubt she should get it. Her interview articles seem to be Anti-Indian somewhat.

Dont like her much anyway, no matter how smart she may be. Any i dont drink Pepsico products anyway, so it doesnt matter hehe.
aerohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 09:51   #21
BHPian

Any one know the last date for submission of the application as its is not mentioned in the application but only the place where its to submitted, by the way i got it free of cost from my friend who lives abroad.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 11:32   #22
BHPian

One thing has to be admired.

In India the norm is to suggest somebody from your family. If you have one son all the better. Get him a seat in Harward and hand over the company to him. If its a daughter select a nice son-in-law and invest in him. If you do not give it to any of these relatives they are going to sue you till your last breath anyways...

Tata's move to give the post to the best is the best advertisement for meritocracy! Hope this becomes a thought-provoker for other businessmen in the country.

Last edited by Trapezio : 8th December 2009 at 11:36. Reason: Spelling got jumbled up in the royal rumble of words
Trapezio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 15:49   #23
BHPian

It is being speculated that Noel Tata, in the wake of his being made the non-exec director of Tata Inv. Corp, could be the successor to Ratan.
VINUMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:27   #24
BHPian

Default Search for Ratan Tata successor begins..

The successor has been chosen after years of suspense. Hope Mistry takes Tata group to the new levels of success.

The news Link..

Cyrus Mistry to head Tata empire, feels 'honoured' - The Times of India
muni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 08:09   #25
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Cyrus Mistry to head Tata empire

Mods note: Thread merged.
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 09:42   #26
BHPian

Default Re: Cyrus Mistry to head Tata empire

At the outset congratulations to Mr Cyrus Mistry. Whatever I have read thus far about Cyrus, he appears to have it in him to steer this great Comapany for the next 30 years.

I quite like Golfers heading Companies. I know many of them and without exception the game of Golf has a lot to do with the success of the Companies they head!

TATA Companies are all doing good with the exception of TATA MOTORS, especially their cars sub division. I wonder if he will have the time and the drive to address the problems with the QA/QC issues at Tata Motors.

Nano, Aria and a few other models are crying to be attended to.
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 21:03   #27
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Loved the headline in today's ET - 'Mystery ends, Mistry begins'.

Would like to wish him All the Best. Read in today's paper that he is also fond of cars just like Mr Tata, any idea which cars he owns?
PPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 21:22   #28
BHPian

Congratulations to Mr. Mistry

But IMHO the dire state of TATA Motors cannot be healed unless some TLC is given in that direction. I feel it would benefit more if the owners would also test drive these cars by themselves and see how much heaven and hell difference is there between ferraris and arias.

Atleast the niggles of The ARIA and other TATA cars can go away. We've seen how many complaints have come in about the Aria and the Nano. Both at the extreme ends of their offerings. And both lacking reliability. Nano's engine burning and the ARIA's many failures.

I maybe wrong. I dont mean to hurt anyone's sentiments.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2012, 22:18   #29
BHPian

Tata Motors appoints Cyrus Mistry as chairman
Quote:
Auto company Tata Motors today appointed Cyrus Mistry, deputy chairman of Tata Sons, as the chairman of the board with effect from December 28.

"The Board of Directors of Tata Motors today announced the appointment of Cyrus P Mistry as the Chairman of the Board with effect from December 28, 2012, on the retirement of Ratan N Tata," the company said in a statement. The board also conferred on Tata the honorary title of ‘Chairman Emeritus’, it added. Earlier, Mr. Mistry was inducted into the company's board as deputy chairman.
http://profit.ndtv.com/news/corporat...hairman-314693
darklord is offline   Reply With Quote