Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th May 2004, 00:46   #1
BHPian

Hey GTO and all the moderators,
* I was just wondering, how is this website setup, what server, how much do you pay for the domain and webspace etc? Dont you get free pop email accounts? The reason I was asking was..there is a place I saw which had a pretty good price for 50 GB of space with 5000 email accounts along with 5 subdomains and 1 domains for a rate of 4$ a month and 10$ per year for the domain..

Also who is paying for the domain and hosting, is there any way we can help...

It would be cool to have team-bhp email accounts and stuff, more publicity when you send emails to other people..

Just wanting to check..

Cheers..

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 01:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the interest, C4S.

I have chosen a pretty reliable server, quality of hosting equates to more $$$. That 50GB deal of yours sounds like a steal. Can you PM me with some more details and a link? One very important concern is that ikonboard consumes a load of CPU power, in exchange for all these value-added features. Thus not too many hosting companies are ready to partner with ikonboard.

I appreciate your offer to help, and just so many of you have come forward with such enthusiasm.

We are currently working on a way to providing our regular members with team-bhp email accounts. Hopefully things will work out soon.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 02:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey GTO, whatever way we can help to keep this place going, do ask. it ain't my home on the net for nothing.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 02:34   #4
BHPian

yeah that sounds like a really great idea. having team-bhp email IDs is also very novel, and it'll be really good advertisements for us. about the finance part and stuff, just put in a word......really glad to help out.

what about some team-bhp tees?? simple ones like black logo on white tee or vice-versa on good-quality material wud make us mobile hoardings right now my exams are goin on......after they get over, i'll just enquire how much they cost to print (guess it shud be around 200 bucks, dont know exactly) and all that stuff.....and also get some designs for members' approval. what say guys?
manticore is offline   Reply With Quote