Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 11th May 2004, 00:51   #1
BHPian

Hi, I was downloading some videos from racingflix.com and they are so freaking slow, but they have a 6$ a month or something for unlimited download of upto 100mbps speeds which is pretty good..we can create a team-bhp account and have everyone use it..whoever wants to chip in can..like even if we get 10-15 ppl the cost would be no more than 300-350Rs per year which is pretty good...I dont know what else is the best way of downloading videos which are not top gear or 5th gear or something like that...

Cheers..

_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 02:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

will they allow simultaneous logins? if no, then it's going to be a problem. if they do, count me in. i can never get enough videos, and HTTP video hosting is dying, and really fast too. can't blame them..too expensive. though the more guys we get the better.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 08:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ported_head @ May 11 2004,01:01)]will they allow simultaneous logins?
Doubt it!

If you guys in bombay are keen on this i dont mind killing the server and bringing the vids back for u guys because i will be bringing back both my 80GB harddrives anyway (aldready got abt 5gb of vids for u guys.)
Will be back may 26th.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2004, 23:03   #4
BHPian

I have all the videos hosted at racing flix, at the moment.
And they dont update it as regularly, like 1 video a month or so.. Basically they are videos submitted by the premium members.
I have around 8 GB Worth - TopGear, 5thGear, Best Motoring, etc Videos .. about 250 Files or so.. and simultaneous logins are not allowed at racing-flix. And by the way 'Crazi4Speed' I get download speed of 7.5 - 8 KBPS download from my local cable line at racingflix, though the servers are down half the time in the day, but I just add the new vids in my FlashGet and by next day I have em all. Ofcourse if I had a broadband connection in my area, I'd definetly swipe my credit card at racing-flix, even though I have all the videos hosted there.. (on the reviews section).
Sheruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 02:18   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dont they block downloads from multiple i.p. addresses? I would think they have separate multiple user licences.

Even if you plan to login one at a time, your ips may be blocked!

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 10:07   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTO,

I doubt they only let one IP address use an account, since dial up users have dynamic IP adresses (ie you get a new IP address every time u connect to the net) as opposed to a static IP address which is constant. However it is possible that if there are way too many log-ins from different IP adresses in different areas & parts of the world they might have a system to suspend the account, but im not sure how likely that is.

cya
R

Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote