Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 13th May 2004, 23:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Well for all u sci-fi lovers! ;0)

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexican Air Force pilots filmed 11 unidentified objects in the skies over southern Campeche state, a Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday.

A videotape made widely available to the news media on Tuesday shows the bright objects, some sharp points of light and others like large headlights, moving rapidly in what appears to be a late-evening sky.

The lights were filmed on March 5 by pilots using infrared equipment. They appeared to be flying at an altitude of about 3,500 meters (11,480 feet), and allegedly surrounded the Air Force jet as it conducted routine anti-drug trafficking vigilance in Campeche. Only three of the objects showed up on the plane's radar.

"Was I afraid? Yes. A little afraid because we were facing something that had never happened before," said radar operator Lt. German Marin in a taped interview made public Tuesday.

"I couldn't say what it was ... but I think they're completely real," added Lt. Mario Adrian Vazquez, the infrared equipment operator. Vazquez insisted that there was no way to alter the recorded images.

The plane's captain, Maj. Magdaleno Castanon, said the military jets chased the lights "and I believe they could feel we were pursuing them."

When the jets stopped following the objects, they disappeared, he said.

A Mexican Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday that the videotape was filmed by members of the Mexican Air Force. The spokesman declined to comment further and spoke on customary condition of anonymity.

The video was first aired on national television Monday night then again at a news conference Tuesday by Jaime Maussan, a Mexican investigator who has dedicated the past 10 years to studying UFOs.

"This is historic news," Maussan told reporters. "Hundreds of videos (of UFOs) exist, but none had the backing of the armed forces of any country. ... The armed forces don't perpetuate frauds."

Maussan said Secretary of Defense Gen. Ricardo Vega Garcia gave him the video on April 22.

Source : CNN!

CNN
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2004, 12:27   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

What I feel is that this UFO VFO stuff is all crap. All this was "invented" by the US during WW times. They started sendin their own satellites over their own peoples homes to make them think that they were some "Flying Saucers". And when the word spread throughout the world, they started sending their satellites to other countries to spy on them.

Ever wondered why only the Americans are abducted by the Aliens and why do THEY ONLY have these sightings.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2004, 13:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hahahaha...interesting theory V12

Maybe another incentive for the idea was to give hollywood a bit of a boost It has made for some interesting movies, ET, ID4, MIB etc...

S350, this definitely a major sighting....but i still wonder about UFOs......

But then think about it this way, almost everyone agrees that the universe is virtually infinite.....so keeping that in mind, isnt it a bit arrogant for us earthlings to think that we are the only living beings in the universe

I think there is a high possibility of life on other planets, its just the sightings reported by earthlings that i am suspiscous of!!!!!

cya
Rehaan.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2004, 17:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well,
UFO's may be fact or fiction...
As far as i'm concerned i'm sure that intelligent life is out there in the universe, the proof-they never tried to contact us!!!!
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 01:07   #5
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I think there is a high possibility of life on other planets, its just the sightings reported by earthlings that i am suspiscous of!!!!!
It cud be possible that there is life out there in the darkness, but its NOT possible that only the US gets to see it.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 03:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Dont know about why US gets to spot em and others dont but i definately believe in life outside earth...at times i wonder if im one of em'

BTW guys can someone tell me more abt the mothman ?
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 05:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ May 14 2004,16:20)]As far as i'm concerned i'm sure that intelligent life is out there in the universe, the proof-they never tried to contact us!!!!
LOL
I do tend to agree!!
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 13:16   #8
BHPian

SOME UPDATES ON THE UFO NEWS

nuclear science researcher Julio Herrera said the blobs of light may have been nothing more than ball lightning -- glowing spheres that are little understood but often sighted near the ground during thunderstorms.

"Just as you have lightning between clouds and ground, you can also have it within the clouds and sometimes ball lightning can develop. I feel this is one of these rare events," said Herrera, based at Mexico's National Autonomous University.

"It's a very rare atmospheric phenomenon and it would be very interesting to be able to analyze all the information these pilots obtained,"-- Reuters.
Kinetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2004, 16:39   #9
Senior - BHPian

US scientist could find a rational explanation for absolutely any sighting.. They're very creative with their explanation, aren't they??

Only US people have been given UFO sight capability
shravan316 is online now   Reply With Quote