Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 6th August 2013, 09:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
A good compilation of phrases which any Non-Japanese can use when visiting or even conversing to break-ice and get that smile across on the other person.

Please allow me to make some changes to your post with reference to the words and pronunciation. I will mention them as (like this) after respective words/phrases. No offence meant to point out as mistakes.

I believe the current versions of Google translate can also read out the words. However, some of them are tricky as the tones of women and men are bit different.
Hey, that's great. Corrections are always welcome that only sharpens the flow of information.

Thanks for the efforts
trammway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 17:46   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Foreign Language thread: French, German, Japanese, Korean

Hello

I am trying to sign up for a German course at the Max Mueller Bhavan, but I missed their registration deadline. I think I can atleast start at the A2 level, but they only have A1+A2 German courses available at the moment. Does anyone know any other institutes in Delhi , prefrably with Native Language teachers ?
revvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 21:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

My wife and I are learning spanish since the last 2 months. Anyone here speak fluently? How long before you can actually start conversing?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2014, 15:40   #49
BHPian

Any info on Reliable German Language courses/centers in Bangalore other than Goethe Institute? Goethe is in great demand it seems and the seats get filled at the snap of your fingers!
sajusherief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 14:07   #50
Senior - BHPian

Any experience with Instituto Hispania?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 14:04   #51
BHPian

Have been exploring the choice of learning "German / Deutsh " language, have to teach kids on it.

Apart from "Duolingo", which I felt a bit hard, starting itself with words, do we have any place to learn the things at our own pace online ?
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 14:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Apart from "Duolingo", which I felt a bit hard, starting itself with words, do we have any place to learn the things at our own pace online ?
Rosetta Stone is good. I don't know about the German package, I've tried the Italian. Rosetta Stone's approach was a lot more formal and structured, even my daughter who was 5 years old then was able to do some parts well. Its a paid application, but well worth it.

Duolingo is more informal and game like to use. There are also some weird translations that makes you doubt your English grammar
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote