Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2010, 11:54   #1651
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Needed urgently: Caretaker for 2 adopted dogs

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a person who is willing to look after 2 dogs in HSR Layout in the day from say 10.00 am to 6. 00 pm?
OR
A person who is willing to drive me to office and then look after the dogs during the day before returning to pick me up from office?

Any leads will be tremendously appreciated.
sidkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 21:22   #1652
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

You can check behind NIFT - there is a shop called Sparky's who offer kennel services as well. Nice people.

else go to Dr Ansar's clinic in Sector 7. Called MY PET's CLINIC. Meet him and check with him. He is a nice gentleman and you can say I referred you if you want - he's been treating my dogs for the last 7-8 years.

third option is you will need to employ a full time proper attendant who comes to you through a good reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a person who is willing to look after 2 dogs in HSR Layout in the day from say 10.00 am to 6. 00 pm?
OR
A person who is willing to drive me to office and then look after the dogs during the day before returning to pick me up from office?

Any leads will be tremendously appreciated.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 21:48   #1653
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

^^^^ I am facing a similar situation.

Going through a difficult phase of life so thinking of giving all my 3 dogs for adoption or someone who could take care of them during my office timings.

I really don't want to give them for adoption because I am not sure if I can part from them, they are so deep in my heart
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:08   #1654
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

These are my pets and my car
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00183.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00755.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00026.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc00145.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01011.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc01141.jpg  

dj_square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 01:29   #1655
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,971
Thanked: 819 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_square View Post
These are my pets and my car
The fifth one could land you in jail.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 02:15   #1656
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The fifth one could land you in jail.

Pramod
Not exactly. Only some breeds are prohibited not all. You can still keep turtles at home if you know which one is prohibited.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 07:12   #1657
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

full grown dogs dont adapt easily to adoption
especially if they are attached to the original owner who brought them up from puppyhood.
think of it in the same way as giving a 7-9 year old human child for adoption after he/ she has known his/ her own parents and experienced their affection.
not easy i know but if you really care about your dogs, you need to make the effort to find someone to look after them while you are busy at work.
which is why I firmly believe as I have said before many times on this thread/ forum - people who lead busy daily lives and who DO NOT have full time help at their homes, should NEVER keep dogs/pets. Pets are a responsibility - in fact more of a responsibility than human children - because pets never really grow up and pets cannot speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
^^^^ I am facing a similar situation.

Going through a difficult phase of life so thinking of giving all my 3 dogs for adoption or someone who could take care of them during my office timings.

I really don't want to give them for adoption because I am not sure if I can part from them, they are so deep in my heart
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:27   #1658
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 39
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
You can check behind NIFT - there is a shop called Sparky's who offer kennel services as well. Nice people.

else go to Dr Ansar's clinic in Sector 7. Called MY PET's CLINIC. Meet him and check with him. He is a nice gentleman and you can say I referred you if you want - he's been treating my dogs for the last 7-8 years.

third option is you will need to employ a full time proper attendant who comes to you through a good reference.
Thanks a lot for the info, Shankar. I would prefer the option of a full time attendant. Do you know of anyone trustworthy who might be interested? Ideal would be a full time (10 -6 or so) maid who will also look after the dogs.
They don't need much looking after, it's just that one of them is of a nervous temperament. We live in an independent place that we've rented just so the dogs get some place to move outside the house. But this fellow always wants to be around someone familiar. He starts banging on the door to be let in even if he is kept outside in the small garden (never tied) for some time while we're getting the house cleaned. He needs to be neutered and that's priority no 1, since neighbors were complaining about him howling when we're away at office. I believe the howling is probably because he's in heat. The other dog is a female who has been sterilized, but she's over friendly and jumps with her tail wagging.
sidkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 12:57   #1659
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,053
Thanked: 5,304 Times
Default

where do you live Sid?
PM me with your number we will talk offline
cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidkun View Post
Thanks a lot for the info, Shankar. I would prefer the option of a full time attendant. Do you know of anyone trustworthy who might be interested? Ideal would be a full time (10 -6 or so) maid who will also look after the dogs.
They don't need much looking after, it's just that one of them is of a nervous temperament. We live in an independent place that we've rented just so the dogs get some place to move outside the house. But this fellow always wants to be around someone familiar. He starts banging on the door to be let in even if he is kept outside in the small garden (never tied) for some time while we're getting the house cleaned. He needs to be neutered and that's priority no 1, since neighbors were complaining about him howling when we're away at office. I believe the howling is probably because he's in heat. The other dog is a female who has been sterilized, but she's over friendly and jumps with her tail wagging.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 14:34   #1660
BHPian
 
Samir Taheer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: London & Pune
Posts: 385
Thanked: 50 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The fifth one could land you in jail.

Pramod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Not exactly. Only some breeds are prohibited not all. You can still keep turtles at home if you know which one is prohibited.
The turtle Dj_Square has is a Red-eared Slider or more commonly known in the market as the Singapore Turtle. I don't think they are illegal. They are one of the most commonly sold turtles.
Samir Taheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 15:23   #1661
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore/Kannur
Posts: 2,848
Thanked: 2,146 Times
Default

We are looking for 45days-3 months old Lab puppy. Any reputed breeder near BTM?
Latheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 21:07   #1662
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
full grown dogs dont adapt easily to adoption
especially if they are attached to the original owner who brought them up from puppyhood.
think of it in the same way as giving a 7-9 year old human child for adoption after he/ she has known his/ her own parents and experienced their affection.
not easy i know but if you really care about your dogs, you need to make the effort to find someone to look after them while you are busy at work.
which is why I firmly believe as I have said before many times on this thread/ forum - people who lead busy daily lives and who DO NOT have full time help at their homes, should NEVER keep dogs/pets. Pets are a responsibility - in fact more of a responsibility than human children - because pets never really grow up and pets cannot speak.
True, but after keeping them for almost 2 years I don't think even I will be able to live without them. Have decided to fight it out. They are 3 of them so can be left alone at home while I am at work. Probably leaving 1 dog alone is a problem, but 3 will give each other company and probably not miss me a lot.

I have never left them alone at home more than 1 hour so was in doubt but logically I think they will be able to stay alone for longer time coz they play while I am away.

BTW, the puppy is really growing up and in 8 months he is already same as size of the GSDs. He is gonna grow up to be a huge guy
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:31   #1663
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

yes these breed are not banned or illegal
dj_square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2010, 09:37   #1664
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We are looking for 45days-3 months old Lab puppy. Any reputed breeder near BTM?
You can check with Bloodline kennel - Gottigere - Bannerghatta Road.
Contact Madhu -9986636346
anup7649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2010, 04:12   #1665
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their pets

Thread is dead. Bringing in some life.

Have trimmed both my GSD's hair.
Attached Images
    

Last edited by Googleman : 29th December 2010 at 04:13.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travelling with Pets in India recker_us Route / Travel Queries 32 18th October 2016 06:04
BHPians and their pets jacs Shifting gears 2 22nd May 2013 22:38
2 BHPians and their photo-trip to the 150-year old Rosary Church, Shettihalli rjstyles69 Travelogues 31 9th February 2013 14:37
Aston Martin Opens their showroom in New Delhi, their 2nd Dealership in India Ace F355 Super-Cars & Imports in India 1 19th May 2012 20:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:48.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks