Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 15:30   #3436
BHPian
 
Abhi_abarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 326
Thanked: 109 Times
Unhappy Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Have a situation in our colony.

A female lab aged 1 1/2 year is in the verge of being abandoned by their owners. She is chained in the apartment basement since many days without proper food and water, me and my friends who have moved to that apartment for some days (41 days Ayyappa swamy deksha) noticed this and asked the owner of the dog on the situation. They stay in 1st floor opposite to our temp flat and saying they cannot take the dog in as they have a new born baby and the dog's hair is causing infections. In fact they are planning to give to anyone who is interested.

The dog is very friendly but mal-nutritioned. She is not even taken to her nature calls and she is forced to do it in the same place where she is tied. I gave her Drools gravy food and she finished it in no time. I very much doubt she is pregnant as her tummy is bulging up a bit day by day. After telling this to the owners, these guys have given a bed sheet for her to sleep. All this while she was left to sleep on plain floor in the shivering cold.

I have reached out to people I know to adopt this dog, have even written to Blue Cross and 'Caring hands for animals' but haven't received any response yet. I hope she will get a loving family which she very much deserves. Attached is a pic of her (excuse the poor quality).

Any suggestions/help will be highly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-111.jpg  


Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 27th November 2013 at 15:37.
Abhi_abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 16:26   #3437
BHPian
 
Abhi_abarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 326
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Update: Just got a message from Blue cross Hyderabad asking me to call their helpline number for solutions. Will update you soon.
Abhi_abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 16:30   #3438
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,952
Thanked: 15,632 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Okay, our parakeet finally flew away. Go bored of Guavas. Even norway apples did not make him happy. Or maybe the pigeons and crows he attracted scared him away.

I am worried though. He definitely was a pet. Will he be able to survive in the wild. I thought of keeping fruits in the balcony, but the damn squirrels eat them
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 17:16   #3439
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,658
Thanked: 9,178 Times
Default

Am a city-bred fella and not much of a declared animal-lover by any means but this little devil Shiya belonging to a cousin really stole my heart!
Name:  ForumRunner_20131127_171541.png
Views: 758
Size:  692.6 KB

Edit: adding another picture.
Name:  ForumRunner_20131127_171904.png
Views: 754
Size:  883.9 KB

Last edited by noopster : 27th November 2013 at 17:21.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 19:33   #3440
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Guys,

Has anyone boarded their dogs at a "pet resort" in Bangalore in the past?

I am getting married in March, so I will be on a long leave. Hometown is too far and no direct flight to take my GSD along with me + I can not take him along with me on a honeymoon
So looking for a not-so-commercialized boarding center for him. Stay period is going to be like 25-30 days, so have a lot of filters to decide a boarding center for him
Filters/criteria - 25-30 days of stay - So the place should be open (somewhere outside the city). Less crowded, clean, and hosted by real dog lovers.

Again 25-30 days so looking for someone who could offer me a good package.
March is a long time from now, but I am taking my time to find him the best place ever.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 19:35   #3441
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Guys, Has anyone boarded their dogs at a "pet resort" in Bangalore in the past? I am getting married in March, so I will be on a long leave. Hometown is too far and no direct flight to take my GSD along with me + I can not take him along with me on a honeymoon So looking for a not-so-commercialized boarding center for him. Stay period is going to be like 25-30 days, so have a lot of filters to decide a boarding center for him Filters/criteria - 25-30 days of stay - So the place should be open (somewhere outside the city). Less crowded, clean, and hosted by real dog lovers. Again 25-30 days so looking for someone who could offer me a good package. March is a long time from now, but I am taking my time to find him the best place ever.


Pet Step In. Rustum Bagh. Old Airport Road. As my friends, look no further.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 20:26   #3442
BHPian
 
Scorpioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Guys,

Has anyone boarded their dogs at a "pet resort" in Bangalore in the past?

I am getting married in March, so I will be on a long leave. Hometown is too far and no direct flight to take my GSD along with me + I can not take him along with me on a honeymoon
So looking for a not-so-commercialized boarding center for him. Stay period is going to be like 25-30 days, so have a lot of filters to decide a boarding center for him
Filters/criteria - 25-30 days of stay - So the place should be open (somewhere outside the city). Less crowded, clean, and hosted by real dog lovers.

Again 25-30 days so looking for someone who could offer me a good package.
March is a long time from now, but I am taking my time to find him the best place ever.
Pet Steppin used to be really good. I had left my Boxer there quite a few times but over the last year I noticed a lot of ticks on him every time he was left there. Last month I was recommended to PetSpace on Sarjapura Road and found that to be really good. It is just past the Wipro Office. They charge Rs. 450/- per day. The place is big, as big or bigger than Pet Steppin.
Scorpioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 15:40   #3443
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Where did the "thank you" button go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Pet Step In. Rustum Bagh. Old Airport Road. As my friends, look no further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
Pet Steppin used to be really good. I had left my Boxer there quite a few times but over the last year I noticed a lot of ticks on him every time he was left there. Last month I was recommended to PetSpace on Sarjapura Road and found that to be really good. It is just past the Wipro Office. They charge Rs. 450/- per day. The place is big, as big or bigger than Pet Steppin.
Thank you Shankar and Scorpioman??

I will visit both the places, any reference who can help me get a discount or something, since I am gonna keep my boy there for a looooong time. I guess the Rs. 450/ day is for pets who stay for less days.

I am anyways ready for ticks (will apply a repellent before boarding him), there can be no place with a lot of animals without ticks.

Last edited by Googleman : 28th November 2013 at 15:42.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 17:54   #3444
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Where did the "thank you" button go? Thank you Shankar and Scorpioman?? I will visit both the places, any reference who can help me get a discount or something, since I am gonna keep my boy there for a looooong time. I guess the Rs. 450/ day is for pets who stay for less days. I am anyways ready for ticks (will apply a repellent before boarding him), there can be no place with a lot of animals without ticks.
My two monsters are jealous creatures else I would take him. I love GSD's. My favourite breed.
I'm sure there are long stayer rates.
For anti ticks, give the chappie a bath a day or two before boarding and then apply RIDD treatment by diluting the medicine in water and working it nicely into his skin. It will repel and discourage ticks for at least a month or more.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 19:40   #3445
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,122
Thanked: 995 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Where did the "thank you" button go?.
I think it has been taken off those sections which according to the Moderators are "Not directly connected with Automobiles". These sections also do not count in your posts count.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2013, 20:15   #3446
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I think it has been taken off those sections which according to the Moderators are "Not directly connected with Automobiles". These sections also do not count in your posts count.
A pity. These sections are generally far more eclectic and therefore, interesting to off-beat blokes like me.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 00:33   #3447
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
My two monsters are jealous creatures else I would take him. I love GSD's. My favourite breed.
I'm sure there are long stayer rates.
For anti ticks, give the chappie a bath a day or two before boarding and then apply RIDD treatment by diluting the medicine in water and working it nicely into his skin. It will repel and discourage ticks for at least a month or more.
Thankyou for being so thoughtful Really appreciate the gesture. Now I know why the "Distinguished - BHPian" tag.

I have used RIDD earlier, but lately a vet suggested a tube (forgot the name) costs 450 bucks, which is very easy to apply and most effective. Completely tick-free for almost 60 days.

However, RIDD is good as well. I spray it all around the house and house is insect free.. better than Mortein/Hit.

Last edited by Googleman : 29th November 2013 at 00:38.
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 12:15   #3448
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 693
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Thankyou for being so thoughtful Really appreciate the gesture. Now I know why the "Distinguished - BHPian" tag.

I have used RIDD earlier, but lately a vet suggested a tube (forgot the name) costs 450 bucks, which is very easy to apply and most effective. Completely tick-free for almost 60 days.

However, RIDD is good as well. I spray it all around the house and house is insect free.. better than Mortein/Hit.
I've used this. Works well for 4-5 months.
http://www.dogspot.in/kiltix-medium-collar/
archat68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 15:24   #3449
BHPian
 
R32_GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 543
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Got an Aquarium Automatic feeder on eBay a couple of weeks ago since we were going to be away for a week.

We got back after a week long holiday and had not causulties in our cichlid tank... Just wanted to share a great product with everyone who is planning on traveling for a few days with no one to feed the fish.

Manufacturer / Model: Resun AF 2009D
Cost: INR 1,200 - INR 1,500
Attached Images
 
R32_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 23:49   #3450
BHPian
 
Googleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Blore/Jmshedpur
Posts: 240
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I've used this. Works well for 4-5 months.
http://www.dogspot.in/kiltix-medium-collar/
How does this work? Some kind of a collar for dogs?

Also it says 'Size - Medium, for dogs upto 19 kg', how about big dogs?
Googleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travelling with Pets in India recker_us Route / Travel Queries 32 18th October 2016 06:04
BHPians and their pets jacs Shifting gears 2 22nd May 2013 22:38
2 BHPians and their photo-trip to the 150-year old Rosary Church, Shettihalli rjstyles69 Travelogues 31 9th February 2013 14:37
Aston Martin Opens their showroom in New Delhi, their 2nd Dealership in India Ace F355 Super-Cars & Imports in India 1 19th May 2012 20:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks