Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:01   #31
SLK
Senior - BHPian
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DL XX XX XXXX
Posts: 1,288
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Are these equity based mutual funds?.

Won't the equity investing funds be screwed at this point of time?
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:47   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Are these equity based mutual funds?.

Won't the equity investing funds be screwed at this point of time?
Yes, they are 'screwed' at this point of time. Thats what makes a good reason to buy them, with low NAVs.

Last edited by DCEite : 23rd October 2008 at 14:48.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:57   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,124
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Hows is gona be in next few months?? coming april the sip which i had invested in is completing 3 yrs....hope the market is good so that i get good returns
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:35   #34
SLK
Senior - BHPian
 
SLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DL XX XX XXXX
Posts: 1,288
Thanked: 184 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yes, they are 'screwed' at this point of time. Thats what makes a good reason to buy them, with low NAVs.
In midst of a world-wide financial crisis, how much sense does it make to invest into equities, directly or indirectly. If the Indian investors were that confident about the market the sensex would have been doing better!

I'd say govt. bonds are the best right now.

If you looking at making money then, you might want to jump into the market directly. [keeping your fingers crossed]
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:46   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 441 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
In midst of a world-wide financial crisis, how much sense does it make to invest into equities, directly or indirectly. If the Indian investors were that confident about the market the sensex would have been doing better!

I'd say govt. bonds are the best right now.

If you looking at making money then, you might want to jump into the market directly. [keeping your fingers crossed]
Well, it all depends on your time-horizon and portfolio.
I am not saying to invest all your money into equities. An ideal portfolio is one which is not dependent on the market conditions and has the correct allocation of equity and debt. Equity/stocks work best if the time-horizon for investing is long term (say 8-10 years). Also, rather than putting all the money in one go, its always better to systematically invest a small amount at regular intervals to average out the buying cost.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Urgent : Expert advice required (To decide on Ritz Diesel or Swift Diesel) funda2max Hatchbacks 17 20th June 2009 18:34
Fiat Spa Financial result 2007 - Growing strong Firebird The International Automotive Scene 1 29th October 2007 11:46
Urgent advice required on Pre-owned Ford Ikon jaison1380 Sedans 25 25th July 2007 15:49
Does it make financial sense to use a CAR AUDIO in the house ?? Ricky_63 Modifications & Accessories 2 10th April 2007 20:12
Cars gonna cost a bomb in Maharashtra in the next Financial year EVO6 The Indian Car Scene 7 25th March 2006 20:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks