Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 23rd October 2008, 11:01   #31
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Are these equity based mutual funds?.

Won't the equity investing funds be screwed at this point of time?
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Are these equity based mutual funds?.

Won't the equity investing funds be screwed at this point of time?
Yes, they are 'screwed' at this point of time. Thats what makes a good reason to buy them, with low NAVs.

Last edited by DCEite : 23rd October 2008 at 14:48.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hows is gona be in next few months?? coming april the sip which i had invested in is completing 3 yrs....hope the market is good so that i get good returns
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:35   #34
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yes, they are 'screwed' at this point of time. Thats what makes a good reason to buy them, with low NAVs.
In midst of a world-wide financial crisis, how much sense does it make to invest into equities, directly or indirectly. If the Indian investors were that confident about the market the sensex would have been doing better!

I'd say govt. bonds are the best right now.

If you looking at making money then, you might want to jump into the market directly. [keeping your fingers crossed]
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:46   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
In midst of a world-wide financial crisis, how much sense does it make to invest into equities, directly or indirectly. If the Indian investors were that confident about the market the sensex would have been doing better!

I'd say govt. bonds are the best right now.

If you looking at making money then, you might want to jump into the market directly. [keeping your fingers crossed]
Well, it all depends on your time-horizon and portfolio.
I am not saying to invest all your money into equities. An ideal portfolio is one which is not dependent on the market conditions and has the correct allocation of equity and debt. Equity/stocks work best if the time-horizon for investing is long term (say 8-10 years). Also, rather than putting all the money in one go, its always better to systematically invest a small amount at regular intervals to average out the buying cost.
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote