BHPian

Family is ok.
Alone.. NOT OK!
Have fun, and post lots of pics "hopefully the ones that S350 is looking for"
See ya later!
Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2004, 23:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey man and if you manage to go beyond what i asked for just PM! lol...
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2004, 14:33   #18

hi rehaan,any idea how much it costs to go there from india,and is july good time to go?this place looks like heaven.
Rajnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2004, 06:43   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hi Rajnish,

I just got back to bombay tonite...hating dialup aldready!@ grrr.... well on the way back from the airport my mum did mention that it cost 1k more to add the maldives onto our trip to srilanka....thats about all the info i can give you!
And about july being a good time to go, well, there might be some showers....but temperature wise it should be ok...i believe the temp range is 26* -34* all year round.... but ofcourse i dont think that it will look like it does in the pictures this time of year...sadly but it should still be fun!
S350 and PS, south beach in miami is the place for you guys
cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2004, 14:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 26 2004,05:13)]S350 and PS, south beach in miami is the place for you guys
cya
R
lol rehaan,
firstly welcome to INDIA!

And been there done that some more recommendations?
S350L-E240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2004, 20:36   #21
BHPian

Hey guys, i have been to maldives, and man cant explain what that place really is. the first time I went was for my honeymoon in 02 nov, gorgeous place, very expesnive but it is surely in the top 5 island paradises on earth, I have been to many and have plans to goto bora bora as well sometime soon, but whatever I have seen maldives stands out, since it was my honeymoon i went to exotic hotels so turned out expensive, but tell u if money is not really an object, try these 3 places...
four seasons which you know is regarded as the best botique hotel chain in the world
hilton, the islands are gorgeous(a set of 2)
banyan tree, another spectacular botique resort..

I stayed at the water bunglows on the stilt and it was magnificant, the delux water bunglow in hilton is huge, bigger than my apt in chicago and just at the tip of the island with a sun desk bigger than 2 of my bed rooms combined along with a jacuzzi and stuff...the specials they have there is just outstanding, dinner on the beach with non one else but you and your partner with fire torches around...

a must go, went to tirupati before that so my flight was from delhi to madras to trivendram to male(capitol) and then transfer from four seasons to hilton was via sea plane, another experience a must have..better than anything you can imagine..

you guys must go man..this vacation rejuvinates the soul for a long time to come..

hope you enjoy your trip..

L8r C4S
_Crazi4Speed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2004, 00:53   #22
BHPian

Yes Rehaan, Welcome to India, MUMBAI! ..

Old 27th May 2004, 09:39   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ May 26 2004,23:23)]Welcome to India, MUMBAI! ..

Mumbai, India...Hmmm....how about chowpatty beach?

Thanks C4S, i am really looking fwd to going. Maybe i will save the expensive stuff for my honeymoon

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2004, 09:51   #24
BHPian

You know the Fact is, R'
I've never been to chowpatty beach.. All my life, I've lived in bombay and I've never been there even once, I am talking about on the beach.. Its kinda funny, when i think of it.. Anyway, I am sure you'll have a great time in our version of "Down Under"..
Dont forget the pics braw.. Happy Journey..