| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th April 2006, 12:05||#32|
Join Date: Dec 2005
Thanked: 7 Times
Rudra sir, if you are coming here by noon, would you be able to join us for our meet, if we can make it a lunch meet instead of a dinner meet?
Another thing, can you please merge this thread with the hyderabad meet thread, as both of them pertain to the same topic, Amitoj coming to hyderabad and being the chief guest at our meet .
This is because some people see this thread and not the other one, and vice versa.
|17th April 2006, 11:33||#33|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Thanked: 1,583 Times
Thanks for all the tips and directions!
Wont bore u all with details etc... just a few observations ..
1. The autowallahs in Hyderabad do indeed have a whacky way of giving directions! Wot is a "straight right" anyways??? and another one said "wahaan se right karke maar lena... fir left karke maar lena"!! That was one violent autowalla eh! Then they give building names as landmarks which is fine if u know the name of the building already! Within a span of about 300 metres, i came across 4 buildings that could have been Madeena Building.
2. The two wheelers and three wheelers of Hyderabad are way more unruly on the road than the ones in Bangalore.
3. "Go straight" in Hyderabad can mean anything except go straight!
4. I wanted to see how the car would behave on the highway in a long run. Needless to say, i am damn pleased! My wife thought i was doing about 100 - 120 kmph when i showed her the speedo needle which was hovering at 150 kmph. The Bangalore to the outskirts of Hyderabad run took a total of 8.5 hours which included one breakfast stop, one traffic jam at Gooty and one closed railway crossing. Since i was lucky to have no such unwanted stops on the way back, i was able to reach Devanahalli (outskirts of Blore) in 7 hours. Of course, there were the usual one stop for breakfast and some loo stoppages. Almost the entire trip was with AC on and speeds between 120 and 140 most of the times (except when passing through the villages etc)
5. The Bangalore - Hyderabad highway is a pretty decent stretch of road. The road is curvy most of the times... where you can do fast ins and fast outs.
Havent calculated the FE yet... the kms and litres are at home right now... will post that later..
EDIT: Uh, how do i change the topic of the thread? I dont want to use the "report bad post" linky from anyone's post and my own posts dont have that button.
Last edited by amitoj : 17th April 2006 at 11:42.
|17th April 2006, 12:27||#34|
Join Date: Mar 2006
Thanked: 2 Times
hey Amitoj good to know you had a safe journey... some details about your journey with pics...
cant this post be put in travel experiences thread ?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need advice:HYD-BLR: Route/weekend place||kanwal||Route / Travel Queries||30||22nd June 2010 14:03|
|Roadtrip through South India : Hyd - Blr - Wyn - Mys - Blr - Hyd||devnull||Travelogues||24||29th July 2009 16:08|
|Ooty reclaimed- Good Friday weekend 2009.||nnandi||Travelogues||46||8th May 2009 14:46|
|BLR-HYD-BLR-CHENNAI-BLR - Road conditions report||PatchyBoy||Travelogues||8||6th July 2008 17:05|