Hyderabad 26 14.36%
Pune 18 9.94%
Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar 5 2.76%
Chandigarh 19 10.50%
None of the above 11 6.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th May 2008, 11:59   #91
Team-BHP Support

To me, it just has to be Hyderabad. If my current company had a development branch there, i would defintiely try for a transfer. Bangalore, where i currently reside is fine, and convenient in many ways, but the heart still longs for Hyd.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 12:10   #92
BHPian

it has to be hyderabad
mezereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 12:10   #93
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore and Chennai:

Bangalore:
Pros: Great climate. Greenery/Gardens. Nice location. Reasonable Housing Rentals. Great Quality of Life in many ways still, compared with other cities. Safety (in general).
Cons: Bad indisciplined traffic. Parking Woes. Infrastructure troubles. Bad politics and politicians. Non empowered Bureaucracy and Law and Order Keepers (Police),Ridiculous property prices (buying). Parochial attitude becoming a reality for outsiders nowadays. Wanton cutting down of trees. Unchecked construction/ buildings. No Zoning at all.

Chennai: Pros: Greenery/ Gardens. Good Infrastructure. Traffic moves in an organized manner. Decent location. Beach. Reasonable Housing Rentals. Decent Quality of Life. High degree of Safety. Empowered police/ bureaucracy.
Cons: Absolutely terrible weather. Quite dirty and smelly in some places. Spiralling property prices(buying). The permanent problem with the Malodorous Cooum River/ Buckingham Canal.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 12:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, Pune is the best city to live in! Bangalore comes a close second!
Chevy_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 14:23   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Bangalore and Chennai:

Chennai: Pros: Greenery/ Gardens. Good Infrastructure. Traffic moves in an organized manner. Decent location. Beach. Reasonable Housing Rentals. Decent Quality of Life. High degree of Safety. Empowered police/ bureaucracy.
Is this is in an alternate universe? :^)

Last edited by ballkey : 15th May 2008 at 14:24. Reason: Speeling
ballkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2008, 14:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Which city has the highest number of people from outside the state ? Mumbai then Bangalore ? These have to be the cities to live in to work.

Now where would you rather be given the same job and pay? I think Bangalore has the highest number in this respect. I have seen lot of people from Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai and Delhi not wanting to shift back. Mumbai could be the same for large number of people too. Maybe the professions would be different.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2008, 09:06   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
To me, it just has to be Hyderabad. If my current company had a development branch there, i would defintiely try for a transfer. Bangalore, where i currently reside is fine, and convenient in many ways, but the heart still longs for Hyd.
i see quite a few bhpians coming to hyd and few more want to come to hyd.

hyderabad isshtyle mein:
"welcome yaron, welcome"
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2009, 17:35   #98
BHPian

No offences meant to Bangaloreans, but I lived in bangalore for more than 2 years and besides the beautiful weather(which i hear is vanishing now),i hated everything else, (especially) being a North Indian, i was never treated in the same way as Kannadigans, always had problems with food, faced Horrendous traffic, paid very expensive rents/petrol pices .. what not

Lived in Bombay and found it to be tooo congested and filthy, but great on other fronts like Nightlife, Bindaas spirit, Public transport, etc

Delhi rules ..not because this is my home, but for offering the best Infrastructure in the country, employment in all sectors(not just IT), Best ever Food in the world , its central and convenient location - very close proximity to the Himalayas and the other most beautiful regions of the country, Nightlife, Public Transport (Metro) and very importantly, Heritage and History

if only Delhi had (old) Bangalore weather and the less of the "show-off" culture, it'd be the best place to live in IMO.

Also, Gurgaon or Noida don't come close to living in Delhi, considering its heritage, History. specially if you get live in areas like Golf links, Aurenzeb Road, Def col, etc..lets not even talk about the crime rates in Noida and Gurgaon.

These are simply my personal thinking and opinions, and i don't mean to offend anyone.
Sli_ce is offline   Reply With Quote