Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 15th June 2004, 16:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

So Shan2nu and me were just talking and we remembered this game!
Man.... Sega Rally Championship.... definitely our alltime favourite arcade game!

But..all is not well in arcade land.
I cant find this game anywhere in bombay! (Connection2000 used to have it...but all their games are now in kodaikanal.. i did manage to play it there though ;-P

so the question is does anyone know where i can find this game in bombay?? i know crossroads used to have the same game but the single seater with moving seat thing... i didnt like that much. I know they have this game for the PC, but i aint interested in that either. I'm looking for exactly as shown in the above tiny pics, so if some1 knows where i can find it in bbay do speak up please!!
(also banglore for shan2nu..though he aldready knows 1 place)

thnx,
R

Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 17:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rrrrr

I'd hazard a guess that Hakone at Powai does have this game. I remember playing it there as well as at Esselworld some years back. I think RJ shud be able to help u with Hakone since he lives that side.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 17:31   #3
BHPian

I played this game last in SegaWorld in the UK. First ever I played was in Hakone at Powai. But that was way back in 98 or something. So dont know whether it is still available there.. Even Buddies that Bowling Ally place had it I guess again this was years ago.
I and my bro used to go specially from KingCircle to Powai to play this game. Wasted many Quids even in the UK after this, they had 4 seater version there .
Cool Past Memories..
EDIT - BTW! R-Man, I could beat you and Shan2nu anyday anytime ..

Pferdestärke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 18:17   #4
BHPian

hey .. rehaaan i played this game atttt... lower parel co's phoenix mills.long time back..but iam not too sure they might have replaced it b now ... ya its there at kumar resort near Lonavala ...bombay i guessno where
cheatingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 18:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Revv & PS,

Ah..yeah..buddies had it as well.... every nite they would switch it off and so everytime i went back there i would have to put my name back on the record list

About beating me and Shan2nu.hehehe..lets just see about that..... shan2nu was telling me his best time in the 1st stage was ~56 secs.... i forget exactly what he said....... my best time i dont really remember.. but i do remember finishing all 3 stages even after getting bad SS times like 58secs in the 1st stage.

find a place that has the game and our next TBHP meet shall be there ;-]
cya
R
Old 15th June 2004, 19:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well i managed 55 secs for the first stage. Played it like a year ago and that too just 3 times. So i guess 55 is good for 3 tries.

Oh yeah, i like competition when it comes to cars. Would love to race you guys. I'll be in Bbay on Thursday morn. Anybody game, for a round of Sega Rally??

BTW, one thing i noticed about the Sega game in Blore is that it was a 2 player game and the car on the left screen was a bit faster than the right one.

I would take my friend on all the turns just to find him wizz past me on the straight, leading to the start/finish line. lol

Regards...
Shan2nu

Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2004, 20:18   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ June 15 2004,18:02)]BTW, one thing i noticed about the Sega game in Blore is that it was a 2 player game and the car on the left screen was a bit faster than the right one.
Lol...i ALWAYS sit on the right!....

Thanks CD..missed ur reply earlier...u muts have posted while i was replying.....anyway..thats a good reason to goto lonavla ;-]

No confirmed current sightings in bombay yet?? cmon guys! we need ur help b4 thurday so shan2nu ps n me can battle it out...lol

cya
R