Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 16th June 2004, 16:29   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thumbs down

Hey all my fellow petrol-heads,,now that the price of fuels has risen again(petrol Rs 41 per litre) ,i am wondering why we in Mumbai pay so much more for cars,spares,service ,fuel road taxes.Octroi ) than residents of the Capital and the other 2 metros,,,,is there not some way we could get together to voice our protest,,because this current fuel price hike is again going to shift the ball in favour of diesel vehicles,,,also forgetting the fact that in terms of buying a diesel ,,since they cost more to begin with,,they r viable only if udrive 50-80kms a day,,or has the price differential gone away
snoopy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2004, 16:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

mumbai adds 50,000 crore into the country's coffers every year. the budget for mumbai is less than 500 crore. by contrast bihar gets 100 times more that mumbai and does not add 1% of mumbai to the national exchequer. this has been going on since the 70s at the least. so what's new. when i tell this to my friends in delhi they smile and reply "move".
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2004, 18:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ June 16 2004,15:12)]mumbai adds 50,000 crore into the country's coffers every year. the budget for mumbai is less than 500 crore. by contrast bihar gets 100 times more (ie 50,000crore)
So essentially Mumbai is paying for Bihar.....
hahaha..now that makes me want to move!

R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2004, 21:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha..interesting observation Rehaan

Navin wanna check ur figures again

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 01:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

exactly guys.
there is no #$#$ refinery or anything of that sort in delhi still the people in the NCR (national capital region) i.e. delhi,gurgaon and noida pay sooo less for everything from fuel to cars to everything.
u can get a base esteem in delhi for the price of a zen in mumbai.
and in d- segment cars the difference is still more.
is any1 listening.
now that we have such a superb railway minister u can expect free travel for all ur cattle along with u in our trains.maybe even make patna a compulsory stop for all trains.
something's really suck .
speedsatya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 11:38   #6
BHPian

Well... yeah you can`t deny the facts... these all depends on govt policies... also...... dont know how much discounts you get on cars over there in mumbai but we have just booked sokda octavia with a discount of around 1,30,000 Rs...

well hope we got a good deal

2f2f
2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 11:52   #7
BHPian

well guys the real reason is that compared to all other states the rates of sales-tax and other such levies are amongst the highest in maharastra...moreover Mumbai is the only city in the country where a new levy by the name of "octroi" is charged...you even pay levies at all the check-nakas to both get in as well as go outta the city...the same is applicable to all the goods entering the city's limits...raising the cost-of-living in the city phenomenally

~A
adityapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 15:29   #8
Team-BHP Support

come to bangalore, even worse we have reg petrol at 42 Rs
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 16:23   #9
Team-BHP Support

i got them from a person who now is a MLA he claimed that the 5 BJP MLAs did not do anything for mumbai. now that we have 5 cong MLAs I am waiting to see if the situation improves.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 16:36   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (speedsatya @ June 16 2004,23:58)]now that we have such a superb railway minister u can expect free travel for all ur cattle along with u in our trains.maybe even make patna a compulsory stop for all trains.
something's really suck .
Did you read that article which said the petro cos. were actually minting money @ Rs.2 per ltr of petrol sold...amounting to THOUSANDS of CRORES!! This money is actually levied as security for price/customs parity of international crude oil price. The oil cos. have been pocketing this money for quiet a while now......Also have you ever wondered "when the oil cos are voicing their concern over the rise in crude oil prices and suffering a great loss because domestically govt. was not increasing fuel price"...how can they be posting huge profits in CRORES year after year!!

For Speedsatya
And here the latest news from an top secret insider(in railway ministry).......All trains are being routed via Patna so that you can have tea in Khullar, get robbed & mobbed. And Bihar would SHINE!!
arijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 19:05   #11
BHPian

[quote=[b]Quote[/b] (arijit @ June 17 2004,15:06)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya,June 16 2004,23:58
For Speedsatya
And here the latest news from an top secret insider(in railway ministry).......All trains are being routed via Patna so that you can have tea in Khullar, get robbed & mobbed. And Bihar would SHINE!!
Well.. toast goes to Laloo Bhiya !!!!

2f2f
2fast2furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2004, 23:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

hi 2f2f

more details abt skoda please!
if it's diesel expect me to land in mumbai as soon as i see ur posting!
even if its's a petrol, good bargain!
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2004, 01:59   #13
SLK
Senior - BHPian

yeah.. bad taxation in Mumbai... though Octroi is common.

Delhi.... Speed 93 is almost touching 39... reason good enough for me.. to shift to.. Xtra Premium... 37.**

Though I am .. quite sure... the sales.. of fuels in Delhi are the highest. As there r most no of cars.. and .. a lot of distance.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2005, 18:19   #14
BHPian

Default cheaper cars in Delhi

well, registration/road-tax used to be very cheap in Delhi (now it's almost at-par with rest of the country). And remember Delhi buys more cars than other three metros combined, so manyfacturers give huge discounts here. I guess that's why cars are less expnesive in delhi.
ntomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2005, 18:35   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Price you pay for living in the commercial capital - anywhere in the world.

I guess Bangalore boys pay a lot more for gas and new cars.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote