Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 13th April 2006, 15:11   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Looks like things are not much different in Karnataka - this is usual stuff in TN. I am not sure about A.P., but don't think any other state in India behaves the way people in TN and KA do when it comes to filmstars. It is pathetic, to say the least.
Come on dude!

TN is not that bad. Recently Shivaji ganesan & Gemini ganesan died, no furore happened. A lot of furore happened when MGR died. He is just not a cine actor, he ruled tamilnadu as CM for 13 years. And it happened 17 years back.

There will some furore when M.Karunanidhi, but it would be politicaly motivated.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:21   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Sivaji and Gemini, while they were good actors, are not exactly in the league of MGR or Rajnikant, when it comes to the frenzy they evoke in the masses. Don't under-estimate TN when it comes to such factors... :-)
If you are still not convinced, wait and see the mayhem (God forbid) when an ageing leader of one of the dravidian parties is recalled by the manufacturer.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:32   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, read in the paper today that Rajkumar was born in TN. See the irony here. People in TN don't even know him, while in KA, he is almost God. Same with MGR, a Keralite - he was revered in TN, while Mallus did not bother. Same goes for Rajnikant - he is from KA (adding to the complication is the fact that his mothertongue is not Kannada, but Marathi), but an icon in TN.
Somebody came up with a very logical explanation for this phenomenon. These gents from outside their respective states were not identified with any section of the population because they didnt belong to the state itself. Therefore they were the only figures that cut across caste, creed and religious divisions within the state.

This logic was used to explain why Vijayakant, the hero of Madurai, will not do well in politics. His identity is tied up with a particular region in Tamil Nadu, while a person like MGR or Rajnikant is not because they are from Kerala and Karnataka originally.

I think the Tamil actor Sharath is the person who explained this so well when he was asked by he wasnt going into politics like Vijaykant.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:37   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, read in the paper today that Rajkumar was born in TN. See the irony here. People in TN don't even know him, while in KA, he is almost God.
That info is not entirely correct. His birth place (Gajanoor) was part of Mysore state in 1929 when he was born, it become part of TN only in 1956. Still it is one of the border towns where both languages are spoken. So you have to go by his mother tongue. However, in most of his professional life he lived in Madras since most Kannada films were produced in Madras. He moved to Bangalore only in the 80s.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:37   #50
Team-BHP Support

I just don't understand our people sometimes. If you look at the photograph of the mob overturning the cars, you notice that they all have smiles on their faces, like they are celebrating. I bet if you ask 20 of them why they are doing that, 15 of them would probaly say "because the other guy was doing it."

I also dread the day the Big B passes away.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:42   #51
BHPian

The same amount of violence happening in bangalore will not happen in Tamilnadu if any actor dies naturally.
Old 13th April 2006, 15:49   #52
BANNED

Hi Steeroid,
Nice analysis there.
Sharathkumar is very much in politics ,quit DMK two days back,was even a Rajya Sabha Member,lost MP elections from Tirunelveli the previous time on a DMK Ticket.
Old 13th April 2006, 16:12   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I If you look at the photograph of the mob overturning the cars, you notice that they all have smiles on their faces, like they are celebrating. I bet if you ask 20 of them why they are doing that, 15 of them would probaly say "because the other guy was doing it.".
These guys are enjoying. They've nothing else to do. They're loaded with alcohol. They look for any sort of enjoyment, as long as it's big...and they can be seen on TV. See channels and understand what I mean...

True fans of Rajkumar and culture??...My foot!!
Old 13th April 2006, 16:19   #54
dev
BHPian

I agree with Rudra...
Just they want to be on TV LIVE!!!

People involved in these destructions are enjoying for there work, instead of feeling bad for the person....
I pity these guys ......
Unfortunately, Police are got beaten by these people very badly...
Old 13th April 2006, 16:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

When govt. can put it's iron foot to stop agitations of true sufferers, why not to stop these guys?

Last month, fishermen in AP were shot because they were agitating against a port that may spoil their income.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 13th April 2006 at 16:29.
Old 13th April 2006, 16:29   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
I also dread the day the Big B passes away.
Hey, I hope nothing of this sort happens when this does happen ... also I feel the family members could have done much more in controlling the ' RAPE OF BANGALORE ' -- And if a situation like this does arise with the demise of BIG B, I'm sure his family will make an appeal to the MAD public not to go on a rampage !!

I just hope all our members r safe and sound and also not a part of the Mobs that we seeing on TV .. ( Kidding ) .... !!

Its just CRAZY ... when will the General Public realise that they causing damage to themselves ... !!!

Cheers
Old 13th April 2006, 16:42   #57
BHPian

one dead in police firing during the procession.... check this rediff link.

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/13lathi.htm
Old 13th April 2006, 17:13   #58
BHPian

Idiotic is the word that came to my mind when I heard that crowd trouble forced people to leave early from my office in Bangalore as well as it being closed today in case more trouble happens.
Old 13th April 2006, 17:30   #59
BHPian

This is very sad

Bangalore is going to the dogs, and no one can save her!
Old 13th April 2006, 18:04   #60
BHPian

this is a total disgrace to bangalore and to india.....

what would people think of such hooliganism????

there is no decency left....

i am begininng to stop liking bangalore day on day.....
Closed Thread