Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2011, 12:57   #2761
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 494 Times
Default

My first post in this thread.

For iPhone lovers and haters, this ad is for you

Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 13:36   #2762
Senior - BHPian
 
amtak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai - The city of Sea Link!!!
Posts: 2,807
Thanked: 383 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Anyone saw the 18+ perfume ad? its telecast quite often during the cricket match.
So obvious what they intend to mean by LKPD
Pardon my ignorance, but whats LKPD? I asked the same questions to a few colleagues and got blank looks? I guess the person says LKP or something? Perhaps, one can PM me if the meaning is something not for below 18 (as the deo name goes).
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 17:49   #2763
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 656
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
My first post in this thread.

For iPhone lovers and haters, this ad is for you
Hey, I posted this ad yesterday in the previous page .
The ad is brilliant on so many levels.
"I cannot buy a Samsung. I'm creative"
"Dude, you're a Barista"
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2011, 20:01   #2764
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 494 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter

Hey, I posted this ad yesterday in the previous page .
The ad is brilliant on so many levels.
"I cannot buy a Samsung. I'm creative"
"Dude, you're a Barista"
Oops I got condored in my first ad itself.
Sorry Newpunter

And yes the Ad is creative in many ways.

But i feel they could have made the last sentence more cheeky type i mean when the boy gets into the cab. He gives a lousy line "its a great phone".
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 10:30   #2765
BHPian
 
Newpunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 656
Thanked: 66 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Oops I got condored in my first ad itself.
Sorry Newpunter

And yes the Ad is creative in many ways.

But i feel they could have made the last sentence more cheeky type i mean when the boy gets into the cab. He gives a lousy line "its a great phone".
Yeah, the ending could have been better, but I have had so much fun forwarding this video to my Apple fanboy friends and reading their replies .

Another favourite line from the ad :
"Why are they leaving now, when there is only 9 hours to go"
Newpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 12:58   #2766
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,066
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

^^ he he funny ad. But whatever, after my Samsung Galaxy S(I've a different name for it though), I'm never gonna touch any more Samsung phones in my life, ever again. It's a pathetic phone and lags/hangs all the time and it hangs even during a call. I feel that they release these phones without doing any quality checks.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 16:33   #2767
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 494 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter

Yeah, the ending could have been better, but I have had so much fun forwarding this video to my Apple fanboy friends and reading their replies .

Another favourite line from the ad :
"Why are they leaving now, when there is only 9 hours to go"
One more line. "Uh oh blogs are saying the battery looks sketchy. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s
^^ he he funny ad. But whatever, after my Samsung Galaxy S(I've a different name for it though), I'm never gonna touch any more Samsung phones in my life, ever again. It's a pathetic phone and lags/hangs all the time and it hangs even during a call. I feel that they release these phones without doing any quality checks.
I feel happy with my N8 even though lacks apps and all the hype and hoopla of apple and android, at the end of the day it is one very reliable phone.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 17:33   #2768
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 3,015
Thanked: 1,725 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Has anyone seen the Force One ad? It is wrong at so many levels!! Shows road rage, kids in the front seat and last but not the least, the SUV itself skids across zebra crossing in the end.
amitoj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 09:06   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,465
Thanked: 3,737 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Has anyone seen the Force One ad? It is wrong at so many levels!! Shows road rage, kids in the front seat and last but not the least, the SUV itself skids across zebra crossing in the end.
What makes it worse is that Mr. Bachan is endorsing it. Have seen this ad just once; are they not airing this anymore?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 25th December 2011 at 09:10.
IronH4WK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 12:00   #2770
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,616
Thanked: 1,066 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
the SUV itself skids across zebra crossing in the end.
Its bound to man, they are advertising lack of ABS as a feature.
Kids in front seat dont matter too , since there are no airbags to injure them in case of a crash. All features you see!

Here is the ad :

sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 16:16   #2771
Senior - BHPian
 
DicKy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thiruvanthapuram
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 707 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

@sajo- absolute ROFL....
but i don't a care a hoot about the road rage stuff. C'mon, don't be all western nanny world. There are a whole lot of other things that are shown in TV that ought to be banned,rash driving in car ad are the least of the problems.
BTW, not supporting the ad at all, it's shot badly and in bad taste.Wonder how could BigB act in this. Couldn't they bring something else instead of this?
Nothing said about the car,it's features or abilities.It's a new offering in a new segment.Didn't it deserve more?
Only saving grace is that got to see a conti(though badly modded) in a car ad.
DicKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2011, 16:32   #2772
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,132
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

TVS Wego and Goindigo ad can be given the tag of "annoying ads" i either put the tv on mute or change the channel!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 13:30   #2773
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,003
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Favourite non-automotive ads

Few of my favourite non automotive ads.




The runner's version of TATA Safari Ad


Last edited by MileCruncher : 26th December 2011 at 13:31.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 13:35   #2774
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
TVS Wego and Goindigo ad can be given the tag of "annoying ads" i either put the tv on mute or change the channel!
I would agree with this. Actually, the earlier Indigo (On time, everytime) ad was quite good. This one is totally annoying.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 12:50   #2775
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 50,120
Thanked: 106,498 Times
Default Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Did anyone see Google's mobile search ads on TV? There's one on vintage cars. Dude performs a search on his cell for vintage car demand in India.

If you look close enough, you can see Team-BHP.com as the 3rd result on his phone
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Motorcycle Advertisements In India narayan Motorbikes 64 26th April 2009 15:31
The Cars with the Best & Worst Leg-Room in India mithun The Indian Car Scene 5 10th August 2006 10:43
Worlwide quality of living : Best & Worst cities amit Shifting gears 0 12th April 2006 07:35
best  and worst fuel consumption figure speedsatya The Indian Car Scene 66 25th September 2005 22:40
The Best of the worst normally_crazy Shifting gears 3 12th September 2004 23:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks