| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|22nd July 2012, 18:57||#31|
Join Date: May 2009
Thanked: 648 Times
Re: R.I.P. Rajesh Khanna
He was the first and the last SUPERSTAR of Hindi cinema. He was a superstar and lived like a superstar. His last words are said to be: "time ho gaya hai! pack up! (time's up, pack up)"
I have seen his great movies and love the songs, almost all of them which are sung by Kishore Kumar. Anand was one of his best. I hope that the body (Kaka) must have met his Soul (Kishore Da) in heaven.
This year (2012) is too bad for bollywood. First Dev sahab, then Dara Singh and now Kaka.
Here are the 10 facts (source: FB) about him:
1. Before he married Dimple Kapadia, Rajesh Khanna bought a lavish bungalow called Dimple from actor Rajendra Kumar and renamed it Aashirwad. The house had proved unlucky for "Jubilee" Kumar, but Rajesh Khanna delivered 15 hits in a row, a record still unbroken by any actor.
2. As a struggling actor, Rajesh Khanna drove himself to work and back... in his own MG sports car.
3. Even though Rajesh Khanna had a 100% success rate with actress Mumtaz, delivering eight blockbuster films with her, Hema Malini was his heroine the most number of times. They appeared in 15 films together.
4. Rajesh Khanna was the highest paid actor from 1970-79 and shared the honour with Amitabh Bachchan from 1980-87.
5. His closest friends in Bollywood were singer Kishore Kumar and music director R D Burman.
6. Rajesh Khanna's debut film Aakhri Khat was India's official Oscar entry in 1967. It didn't make the final five cut.
7. Director Shekhar Kapur offered Mr India to Rajesh Khanna first, who turned it down because he couldn't relate to the invisible hero. The role finally went to Anil Kapoor.
8. Before he made it big, Rajesh Khanna was called the "faaltu hero" because of his unconventional features. With stardom came very different epithets - Superstar and Pasha Of Passion.
9. The "guru kurta" he made famous was originally the garment of choice of farmers and small time politicians.
10. The song Roop Tera Mastana from Aradhana starring Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore made Bollywood history as the first single take shot.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rajesh Burbure, Nagpur, Singing For A Continuous 80 Hours to Set World Record!||anjan_c2007||Shifting gears||1||30th July 2010 19:07|
|Hello BHPians! I am Rajesh Sundaram!||rajeshsundaram||Introduce yourself||9||23rd July 2009 16:57|
|Happy Birthday V-16 (Gogi) & Trrk (Rajesh)||Dippy||Shifting gears||72||23rd March 2009 21:07|
|Hi, Rajesh here from bangalore||blueye_666||Introduce yourself||3||8th November 2007 22:39|