Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 21st April 2006, 18:16   #1
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Question Spotted: Something Weird!! PICS included

Guys today i was just returning to noida from GK with my gf, while crossing the DND-TOLL bridge i saw something weird and vintage looking in my rear view mirror ... i immediatly slowed down to let it pass. We were just shocked to see this car vintage or custom whatever it was racing down the bridge at around 100kmph, everyone was clicking pics or just checking out the vehicle... from whatever i saw ... the interior looked custom with beige leather and beige upholstry, This car was right behind us at the silver card lane but i couldn't take the frontal pics as i have a biggish sticker on my rear window. Anyways if this is a vintage then the restoration work was mind blowing the attention to detail and all was amazing. This vehicle in my opinion turned more heads than a porsche without the roof and then the exclusivity ....

if someone could shed some light on the make of this car, is it a vintage or a custom ?

All pics are camera phone output.

cheers
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 19:54   #2
Team-BHP Support

Cool pics Aza. Well seems like you did not wear your seatbelts @ 80kmph. Atleast the second last pic shows it.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 20:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
Cool pics Aza. Well seems like you did not wear your seatbelts @ 80kmph. Atleast the second last pic shows it.
I noticed that too... was just about to mention it.

Man, what the heck was that car?
satyamenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 20:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

i dont think that was a vintage
pdev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 20:41   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

lol; Aza wear you seat belt or atleast she wears one :P. Dont become a vantage piece Its a XS model or you have Cobra kit?

and That should be a vantage, cute though.

Last edited by jkdas : 21st April 2006 at 20:46.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 20:43   #6
BHPian

It looks like the car from that catrooon seriese where some 11 small guards used to protect some princes..... don't remember the name but the car sure looks nicely maintained.
sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 20:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
It looks like the car from that catrooon seriese where some 11 small guards used to protect some princes..... don't remember the name but the car sure looks nicely maintained.
I second you on that, but a vintage car doing around 100 kmph......Amazing!
ArmourOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 21:14   #8
BHPian

It looks like a custom, probably an immitation of 1930's-1940's Austin 10/12/16 series... I guess it's an immitation cause the engine compartment looks small, most oldies of that size would have bigger engine compartments.

Also notice the driver and passenger seats with headrest that's definately custom!

Last edited by DaPilot : 21st April 2006 at 21:16.
DaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 21:16   #9
elf
BANNED

Lightbulb Vintage or kit...

If that's vintage, it's one helluva restored car! The paint looks brand new (or is it the reflection through your glasss)...

Methinks it's a vintage looking body kit added to a newer (maybe imported) vehicle - most probably British, & very popular around there.

The side marker/indicator lights on the front fender may be a giveaway - dunno if manufacturers then had the capability to build a moulded bubble of plastic & embed it in sheet metal like this one has. It could also have been retrofitted to meet government regulations, so no call on this one.

Also, can't make out if the guy's windows are up or down, which would be one way to tell it's vintage. If the windows are up, the guy in the last seat looks too damn relaxed to be cruising at 100. Therefore, the aircon's on, & as far as I know, vehicles of that vintage didn't have air-conditioning.

Apart from the car, what the hell are you doing on an expressway at 80 odd kmph without your seatbelt? Try to stay alive, dude!

Last edited by elf : 21st April 2006 at 21:18.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 21:21   #10
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Seatbelts yes i had taken them off as i entered the toll bridge ... more relaxed driving! i kno i kno i shudn't have done that

And that car look very well maintained for a vintage and it was pretty silent too, the interiors looked custom all beige sorts with wood and all.

@jkdas : XS model bro
Old 21st April 2006, 21:29   #11
elf
BANNED

You didn't answer my question...

Were the windows down or up. If up, it most probably is a custom kit car with modern mechanicals & a vintage look body.

If not, it probably IS a vintage.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 21:39   #12
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Windows rolled up ? yes they were all the way up ... the front wipers were attached to the roof, the car was running smoothly, no exhaust noise or smoke and the occupant looked very comfy. And that registration no. DL 3CJ XXXX seems like a early 2005 Number ...

Last edited by aZa : 21st April 2006 at 21:41.
Old 21st April 2006, 21:42   #13
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

i doubt thats a vintage car. Theres a guy Sudhakar of Sudhakar Cars (Hyderabad) who designs such cars.
v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 21:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Aza learned a lesson today. Wear seat belts if you are taking a pic to post !
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2006, 22:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey, its the 'ANTHILL MOB' CAR FROM WACKY RACES!!!!!!
islero is offline   Reply With Quote