Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 27th September 2012, 19:07   #991
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :(

My heartfelt condolences to Sam's near & dear ones. May his soul RIP.

Was shocked to hear about this..have had the honour of enjoying Sam's company on a few occasions, one of the jolliest good fellows I've ever met.

Sam, you will be missed..
Old 27th September 2012, 19:15   #992
BHPian

I was reading one his blogs about how he almost died from that scorpion bite and how in his delirious state he described how happy when he was when the Spanish lady asked him permission to 'blow' him. I couldn't stop thinking how amazing this guy was at making us laugh through his writings and despite not meeting him, I always portrayed him as a larger than life person who truly will be missed and remembered as one of the true bhpian of this community, who touched everyone's heart with laughter with his posts.
God has a better plan for such people and we all should celebrate on how he lived his life and strive to be like him.
Sam, here's to you mate!

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 27th September 2012 at 19:36.
Old 27th September 2012, 20:26   #993
Senior - BHPian

Sad news.
May his soul rest in peace.
Old 27th September 2012, 20:38   #994

Going Through one of Sams Blog( A YetiHoliday® - A surprise visit to TheOne®

"Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD
Waiting for Theone's reaction.

Ashish she is very, very busy planning for IFA (www.ifa-berlin.com). I will be there in Berlin, with her in August 2008. Oh wait, that's in a few weeks lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Ae bhai, tu kaam kabhi karta hai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy (A YetiHoliday® - A surprise visit to TheOne®)
Yeh aadmi kaam kabhi karta hai ? Itna aish kaise kar sakta hai koi ?

Hey come on, I do work. This is the only way I can work or live. If I cannot live life, I cannot work.

I just need to know that I truly lived, before I die
"

SAM: You truly Lived and am sure you have many witnesses to it and what a way to record that you Lived ...... RIP..............

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2012 at 20:42.
Old 27th September 2012, 20:44   #995
BHPian

Default RIP Sam Kapasi - We all miss you!

I thought I could never post in this thread but ever since I saw this spectacular picture of Sam in today's TOI, I couldn't help myself.

Did not know him well but I'm too shocked and amazed at the effect he has left on the best of us.. we are in deep mourning and miss him dearly.

Sam - you are a true Rockstar and will always remain..

Name:  Sam TOI.jpg
Views: 1867
Size:  25.4 KB
Old 27th September 2012, 20:55   #996
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy

It took me this time for me to accept the fact that we have lost him.For it to sink in.I visited this thread many times by could not pen anything down.Mind blank.Words failed to express!I am having a lump in my throat as i am writing this.

Like most here ,i have not met him in person.But my interactions with him on this forum have been wonderful. Every time he replied to my post or PM there was this personal touch,a concern-a genuine one .That touch made the bonding between whoever who interacted with him directly or otherwise strong.

Once, I had complimented him on the background score for one of Videos he had put up in his Travelogue. He replied back thanking and even asked if i wanted the songs and the videos.He was ready to courier the whole set of videos to my place.And that was my first interaction with him. Now tell me-how many such instances do we experience in this world now?

Sam lived life King Size.Full of enthusiasm with a positive outlook in whatever he did and expressed.We have a lot to learn from him just by his outlook towards life.Team-BHP family has lost one of its most precious gems whose void will be impossible to fill.He leaves behind his memories through his wonderful writings.Sam,you shall stay in our hearts forever mate.Forever.

Rest in Peace Sam, Adieu.
Old 27th September 2012, 21:04   #997
Senior - BHPian

R.I.P SAM. Shocked and speechless!!
Old 27th September 2012, 21:08   #998
BHPian

We will miss you Sam !
Even before I became a member of this community I used to be a regular follower of your 'YetiBlog' threads .
When I hear of his demise
“All good things pass away.”
― Philip Pullman,
is what comes to my mind.
Even if you have left this world you will be remembered , the whole TeamBhp community will remember you.
Rest In Peace !

Last edited by VishnuNarayanan : 27th September 2012 at 21:13.
Old 27th September 2012, 21:11   #999
BHPian

This came as a shocker with the morning newspaper... I was in complete shock..don't know what to say.. Am completely speechless.... Though like most of us , i never met or directly interacted with Sam, it feels like god has taken away someone right from my side... I am still not able to believe this is true. Sam, u didn't have to go this early this way.... U were a true legend. I used to narrate ur stories to my friends and colleagues... We really gonna miss u. Logging into team bhp will never be the same again for me... Will always remind of the yeti blogs.
May god give courage to ur family, specially Jenny to make through these difficult times. RIP Sam. You'll always be living in our hearts.
Old 27th September 2012, 21:31   #1000
BHPian

This is really unfair. SAM used to make T-BHP alive with his way of writing , he is a legend and will always live in our hearts. RIP sam .
Old 27th September 2012, 21:43   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Sam - I did not meet you, I never interacted with you, but I saw and I read what you created. In that short while, I felt a bond with you, through your writing, through your sense of humor.

May your soul rest in peace brother.

Jay Mehta
Old 27th September 2012, 21:59   #1002
BHPian

Have been contemplating posting in this thread ever since I saw it, but could never find words that can do justice to the legacy left behind. I kept logging into tbhp and praying that this thread won't be there the next time, that it was not real.
I never met you, but feel as if I lost someone close to me. I feel like I have known you through your blogs, and somewhere in my mind I believe I also experienced the things you blogged about
Couldn't control and had to post my RESPECT for this Man after I saw the obituary in TOI today :(

Sam, wherever you are, wish you the best.
Old 27th September 2012, 22:57   #1003
Senior - BHPian

RIP SAM KAPASI, This news came as an absolute shock, I was lucky enough to meet and spend some evenings with Sam and every-time I met him he made me smile and laugh like crazy. The world has lost one great human being :(
Old 27th September 2012, 22:57   #1004
BHPian

RIP dude!!! will miss your exuberance and your write ups.
Old 27th September 2012, 23:12   #1005
BHPian

It’s unfortunate that i got to know about Sam Kapasi only after he died. I didn’t know Sam Kapasi, hadn’t read his blogs till my brother (also a Bhpian) told me about his death. Only thing i can say is, What an Amazing Person he seemed to be, it’s truly unfortunate. Only thing i would say is such people don’t deserve to die young and that too in an accident, and leave a void in the world.

Its only with the sad feeling that the world and so many people who simply love him are going to miss him makes me judge the situation.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th September 2012 at 14:12. Reason: Post edited slightly. Sending you a PM.
Closed Thread