Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Closed Thread

Old 5th October 2012, 01:53   #1126
BHPian

Default Re: Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :(

Check out the first picture of two of our departed Team-bhp Heroes on this link...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post666420 (A tribute to our beloved Robin AKA RTech (RIP) - Thread closed)

I never met either of them...but looking at the picture makes me really sad to think that both Sam and Robin met with an untimely and tragic end in a road mishap...in the prime of their lives...on the 23rd of the month..

I cannot even imagine how distraught our moderators may have felt over the loss of their two close buddies and companions.
Old 5th October 2012, 15:45   #1127
BHPian

This is terrible, very very terrible. R.I.P Sam.
Old 5th October 2012, 15:52   #1128
BHPian

This is really sad. May his soul rest in peace.
Old 5th October 2012, 15:58   #1129
BHPian

This is my second post as a newbie. While I do not know TheYeti in person, I have been a follower of threads and was simply in love with his style and passion. Will truly miss his logs.
Old 5th October 2012, 23:13   #1130
BHPian

I had seen him during one of the auto expo and was impressed with his humility and simplicity. I had also read several of his postings and one of the few contributors who had impressed me initially when I had joined TBHP. May God bestow peace to the departed soul.
RIP Sam Kapasi.
Old 6th October 2012, 00:27   #1131
BHPian

Devastating news. I had never met Sam, but there is a sense of deep sadness, akin to loosing a close friend. You will be missed Sam, by your extended family here at TBHP - I know I will.
Old 6th October 2012, 10:11   #1132
BHPian

never met him in person nor have i had a word with, still feels like a very close friend, a family member has left us. he is a person with his sense of humour and writing style made us laugh and live those moments with him. May his soul rest in peace.

"From the Almighty we came, to him we return back"
Old 6th October 2012, 10:47   #1133
BHPian

R.I.P Sam. Really loved his blogs.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:02   #1134
BHPian

Mr. Sam aka YETI. I should say i never knew him, never read his article or followed him. This was all 1 week back before i came to know of the accident.
All through last week i was glued to every word he has etched on the internet. He sure was a man more than any normal human. He definitely has lived a great life touched innumerable people's life.
His writings on personal experiences at life has made such a huge impact on me. Its so sad that a human so great had to have such a tragic end.
I got no words to say it was just not meant to be.
Its true injustice to the very fact of life.
It should not have happened.
It seems like I know him so well and I have lost someone so dear. What a human he must have been to make such a difference by just his words.
May his soul rest in peace and I vow to incorporate a little bit of his goodness in my life.

Have a great after life SAM. Cheers to it.
Old 6th October 2012, 13:30   #1135
BHPian

As many others on this forum, myself too have never met or interacted with him. But, the news of his departure is shocking and a great loss to the community.

Rest in Peace, Sam!

Prayers to his family and friends. May Almighty grant them strength to live through the loss.

Regards
Rex
Old 6th October 2012, 13:34   #1136
BHPian

RIP Sam! My prayers to the famiy.

I am shocked and sad to hear this tragic news. Sam's travelogues brought life to the road trips and took us to places in such a way that we could have never imagined. I learnt a lot from his style of travelling and writing.

Although we never met, I will miss you my friend, RIP.
Old 6th October 2012, 14:18   #1137
BHPian

Like many hear, I only came to know about him through this thread, which is really tragic as I would have loved to have known him when he was still around. Have read some of his blogs and travelogues here and have to admit, the man had a way with words. You can see that he enjoyed life to the fullest.

Sam, you made the world a better place for all those who knew you. Your kindness, friendship, sense of humour, humility and passion for everything you were involved in will forever live in the hearts of those you touched.

May his soul rest in peace and may God give Jenny and the rest of his family the courage and fortitude to deal with this tragedy.
Old 6th October 2012, 15:02   #1138
BHPian

Unbelievable !
Never met SAM however with your words, you were able to connect with many people. With this tragic loss , a void is felt in heart.

May Your soul RIP and condolences to his family.
Old 6th October 2012, 15:23   #1139
BHPian

It was very sad to hear about Sam, I know him by his interesting travelogues.

My deepest condolences to Jeny and all his family members. We lost a great man, may his soul rest in peace.

He will be always remembered.

Regards,
Old 8th October 2012, 22:21   #1140
BHPian

Dear Sameer

After reading almost all your posts, I am devoid of words to pen down my feelings.
Last night, a truck's tyre burst in the expressway that is just behind my house in Chennai, and that sound tremoured through my hall. The immediate thought that flashed through my mind was the deep physical pain that you would have felt during the crash and the thought "What will happen to Jenny??; How ever will pappa cope with my loss???" that would have flashed through your mind!
Goodness, I'm begining to miss you a lot my friend. My unknown friend.
Hope I could have atleast made it to your remembrance meeting.
Since I have never ever met/contacted you earlier, a couple of days back, I pretended to send you an sms mentioning how good all your write ups were and that how I am enjoying them all. I longed to type in your mobile number and wait for a reply from the Yeti, but Sam; that will remain a draft, forever.
Man, you do leave me in tears! Powerful you ARE, indeed Mr.Kapasi.
Oh, now how I wish I had atleast caught a glimpse of you during my countless official visits to Pune and Mumbai, or atleast had a word with you at the Auto Expo, since I was also at Pragati Maidan, manning my stall! Too many near misses.
And it is all these incidents that makes the lump in my throat choke more.
My heart goes out to Inayat, Jenny and Akbar.
March 2002, I lost my friend in a bike crash during my college days. Before his cremation, I still remember his father moaning aloud in Tamil "...nee yenakku seiya vendiyatha naan unakku panreney da..." meaning " I'm doing what you should be doing to me."
I am greeted with the same ruthless pain in my heart and head Sam.
I really envy all those bhp-ians out there who have interacted with Sam. I will only be writing to him; EXPECTING A REPLY AND GETTING NONE.
I miss you badly Yaar, B-A-D-L-Y.
Good-Bye Sam Kapasi.
P.S. - To Inayat, Sam's Sister, her family, Jenny, Sam's friends, Priya, and all his near and dear ones,
I pray GOD to give all of you the courage you need at this hour.
GOD, now along with Sam, is there to GUIDE YOU, GUARD YOU AND PROTECT YOU throughout your life.
Looks like even heaven is devoid of similar characters like Sam. Hence, GOD has taken his masterpiece back, to create copies out of him. But remember, HE will always remain THE MASTERPIECE, forever.
RIP SAM
Closed Thread