Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 3rd March 2008, 12:13   #16
BHPian

Guys,

I know all Satyam's intiatives...

EMRI intially spearheaded by Satyam but now Govt has adopted it but maintained by Satyam, the facilities are bets in calss call center with gr8 reponse times.

I have visited this main facility in Medchal thanks zappo for the pictures....

More than this Satyam has Byyraju foundation that is focused on rural upliftment by driving good intiatives like rural bpo, etc....

Similarly is Satyam Foundations for urban health and support

So is recent intiative that Satyam is part of call HMRI 104 for health advice from doctor on call....

The 108 EMRI has made very good difference to many lives and we all should support this intiative by atleats giving it a way when we see one going....

I can share more if you folks want more...

fyi... many state govt's and other intrenational bodies are taking this best practices from EMRI, Byyraju foundations to replicate this...
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:14   #17
Senior - BHPian

I met a guy on Mar 1st at a seminar hosted by HSBC at Taj Krishna. He was a consultant who had a pivotal role in putting 108 EMRI into place.
According to him, he had monitored all calls to 108 for a certain span of time, and he'd found that 85% of all calls were answered before the 3rd ring.
Kudos to Satyam for launching this initiative.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:45   #18
BHPian

108 is a terrific initiative, the only hurdle that could reduce its effectiveness is the traffic in Hyderabad. Very few people give way for an Ambulance. If you drive around Hyderabad, you are likely to find the 108 Ambulance zipping around - its fine when the roads are clear, but otherwise most often you may find the ambulance tagging along behind a queue of vehicles, its siren blaring all the time.

If you look at it, one cant blame the vehicle drivers all the time because sometime they just dont have any space to shift lanes.

Having said this, the vehicle seems to have certain facilities inside ( including a couple of paramedics ) so some of the life saving activity will happen in the vehicle itself.

I had been to a presentation by the EMRI CEO and it was quite impressive to find out what they have achieved.

Also found out yesterday that EMRI has tied up with the city of Austin, Texas. Austin is supposed to have one of the most efficient emergency response performance in US, so I hope the collaboration helps EMRI go one step up.

The good part about EMRI is that they are free and they dont have any bias to which hospital they should admit the victim. Its usually the nearest hospital ( in their list ) by default, but if the patient ( or his relatives ) want to go to a specific hospital, they give priority to that ( as long as that is within practical limits. )
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:24   #19
BHPian

On the contarary ,

I also understand that EMRI gets lot of hoax calls that turn to be silly and not serious kinds , but that rate is coming down,.,...
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 06:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

the emri has made the difference for sure, you see previously there were omni ambulance in good numbers, and these offered way less facilities in it vowing to its size and other things. But these big tempo travellers have become like the trend setters, and benchmarkers if i may say so. slowly others are following this, getting bigger ambulances than the omnis.

i congratulate the people behind the service, they are provided at hour and the minute of need, there was this news where one the big news channel had on the tv, a few years back, the sorry state of ambulances in Delhi, the government ambulances were used as the chauffeur cars for the doctors and were seldom used for the patients, and the private ambulances cost a bomb, so people were really stranded, as they could not find ambulances at the hour of need and even if they did they cost a lot.
the Prime Minister who was a lady then, was questioned on the same and also the statistics of the accidents and other data was put forward too.

i appreciate this service provided by emri which is fast and most importantly provided when its really needed!.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 12:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Just a question.

If I have a mobile, what do I dial ? 108 itself ?

Why is it that only 112/911, etc are "emergency numbers" that can be dialled even without a sim?

They should also have a provision to add other numbers.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 00:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Just a question.

If I have a mobile, what do I dial ? 108 itself ?

Why is it that only 112/911, etc are "emergency numbers" that can be dialled even without a sim?

They should also have a provision to add other numbers.

yes they should provide the provision and sadly they have not done this.

they did not revise this part while getting the higher and better versions out, they only put in the same software version made for abroad.

or have they provided this? some one please enlighten.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2008, 07:23   #23
BHPian

From a mobile, just dial 108. No need of any std code. say 040-108 for Hyd.
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote