Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears

Old 1st May 2006, 10:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Im sure all our members love their cars more than anything else...they just havent put it down in words yet.
Everybody has their special moments with their cars that make them love their possessions as much as they do.
Im sure there are times when we like being left alone with our cars. Just to head out for the horizon without any destination.

The freedom to go wherever you want, whenever you want. Nothing can beat the car and nothing ever will.

So my write up is nothing really special...just wrote down what i felt.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 1st May 2006 at 10:42.
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 13:27   #17
bhp
BHPian

hey such a nice write up ..... cars are such an attachment to ppl like us
bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 13:41   #18
Team-BHP Support

Well written drifter! We all fall in love with our cars, ignoring the little niggles and pampering them with mods now and then!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 15:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Dayyuuumm...I never thought I would find like-minded individuals who are...well....SO like-minded...it's like looking at a mirror, for christs' sake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
So what if i was driving alone...call me mad...but i enjoyed my car more when i was alone.......
|
|
...My car has a lot of memories attached to it. I practically live in my car......
|
|
......My car will always occupy a little corner in my heart. It has seen the ups and downs in my life and has always given me company. Sometimes it has even bore the brunt of my frustrations. It cant speak but yet in its own little way it says so much. Nobody but an enthusiast can understand what it is to love your car. Normal people dont and wont, I dont expect them to.
Trust me, brah...I know how it feels...and here I was, thinking to be the only one...guess I was wrong...thank God..! My "pals" have all been baptised by me into mini-car & bike freaks, but NONE to my extent. In fact, most of my friends couldn't distuinguish between a corolla and an optra. Now, they are qualified enough to differentiate between the new Sonata and Accord's bum..!

Loving thy car is like loving thyself....it's an irreplicable feeling. Your car is like an extension of your mind, soul and body- it understands you, it responds to your inputs as if it were a limb, and somehow it attaches itself to you over time....no words can express those feelings....
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 15:57   #20
Bob
BHPian

Default when we fall in love with our machines !

hi drifter

very nice write up bro.
oblige that you share your feelings with us buddy.

it's remind me Queen's song.

Queen ó ( iím in love with my car lyrics ) lyrics by queen.
Words and music by roger taylor

The machine of a dream
Such a clean machine
With the pistons a pumpiní
And the hub caps all gleam

When Iím holdiní your wheel
All I hear is your gear
When my handís on your grease gun
Oh itís like a disease son

Iím in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar
Such a thrill when your radials squeal

Told my girl Iíll have to forget her
Rather buy me a new carburetor
So she made tracks sayiní
This is the end now
Cars donít talk back
Theyíre just four wheeled friends now

When Iím holdin your wheel
All I hear is your gear
When Iím cruisiní in overdrive
Donít have to listen to no run of the mill talk jive

Iím in love with my car
Gotta feel for my automobile
Iím in love with my car
String back gloves in my automolove

thanx . . .BOB
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 16:25   #21
BHPian

Real cool write up drifty....im sure ur crdi appreciates all the attention u shower on her....
still cant forget the way drifter drifted the crdi on tht reclamation turn....tht was amaaaazing ...Drifter was true to his name tht day..lol
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 22:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hehe abhishek...you still remember. It was fun that day.

Drifter
Old 3rd May 2006, 11:20   #23
Team-BHP Support

Hi Drifter,

Very nice writeup.
Thanks for letting me take your car for a spin at amby valley, and im glad u finally upgraded from the "slicks"

Hope to see you at a TBHP drive sometime in June/July when i am around. And now that you mention it we will go despite all the nay-sayers who will post in the meet thread saying "lets postpone, i think its going to rain this weekend!" lol

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 01:55   #24
BHPian

very well written there drifter...

well i hav shared the same experience as u my friend... i mean it was the time when we were planning to buy a new car for my dad, he wanted power and luxury both !
We didnt even consider an Accent at that time.....coz dad had this soft corner for japanese cars and was lookin out for a petrol engine.....as he was doubtful about hyundai`s performance

did test ride baleno(almost bought it but interiors obvs left dad expecting for more),
NHC city(not the NNhC)(interiors were tempting but mom hated its looks and after driving the baleno it def seemed underpowered),
indigo...(no comments)....

but anyways then i got this call frm my cousin, all he said was that just before buying any car jst 1ce test ride this accent CRDi....and so jst for the heck of it, dad unwillingly went in for a test ride to sharayu motors in nerul....

1st on the wheels was me, then my dad , then my lil bro...and all v had common was this weirdsome smile which just made us rush to the office and immediately book 1 of this babe....i mean the engine is so damn torquey tht it seems to drag ur *** even b4 u realise the car is in motion ..... probab felt tht way coz v were upgrading from a maruti 800..hehe...all said n done now we own a satin grey one now....n its jst simply a pleasure driving this machine.....never expected such a killer performance from a diesel engine !! and the interiors def not as classy as the city but good enough to satisfy us....

cheerz to this wonderful creation....
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 09:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes rehaan, rain or no rain...drives shall not be postponed hehe. All the more reason to go if its raining, i'd say.

Good choice there amit...the torque is addictive...im sure you know that by now.

Drifter
Old 5th May 2006, 10:39   #26
BHPian

surely am addicted to the torque....btw i just love the way you hav kept you car...i mean i have seen ur car in and around new bombay and at times in bandra too.... and really feel nice to see a CRDi being pampered so well with all the mods n all.... me too 1 day will hopesully scoop up my ride and def will get back to you for your inputs.....

cheerz
amit_sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 10:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

drifter. Your witeup gave me the inspriation to book an Accent Viva CRDI for my dad though it's confirmed that Accent is at the end of it's lifetime. Can't wait to take the delivery.
satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 11:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey amit...good to know my little car is being appreciated. Thanks! By the way the latest mod is the accent viva front. Just have to source the fog lights..

Good choice! You wont go wrong with the CRDi satish. It shall serve you well.

Drifter
Old 5th May 2006, 12:02   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey thats an amazing straight from the heart Write up man

& Yes like Adya & other said there were more happy people than just you when you upgraded your slick tyres
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 16:23   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, some of the paragraphs (especially the monsoon experience) sounds like its right out of a mills and boons. Drifty, you forgot to include a woman in that scenario!

Really enjoyed reading your writeup. Truly a driver smitten....

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote