Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2013, 10:41   #46
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Marriage Registration

Hi All,

Would sincerely appreciate, if you could suggest me a good lawyer as i want to get my marriage registered. My wife belongs to Delhi and we are now residing in Gurgaon. Our marriage took place in Delhi.

I did contact few lawyers, but they are really charging some stupid money like 10-15k even one asked for 30k, where as i know its not lengthy or expensive process.

Thanks in advance

Amit
amitpunjani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 13:07   #47
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 176
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Why Debt - the returns are less than inflation rate - you are actually losing money.
You will lose money in any debt instrument but this is your best bet if you are risk averse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Conventional wisdom is that Debt MFs should be bought only to balance portfolio loaded on equity mfs. From a tax perspective, they are taxed at the same rate right?
The answer to your question: Yes.
lapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 15:36   #48
lsp
BHPian
 
lsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 380
Thanked: 179 Times
Default Re: Marriage Registration

Hi Amit
I am not aware of the complications you are facing due to your residence changes because of which you seeking a lawyer.

But in most straight forward cases you don't need one.

I got my registration done at Marriage registration office at Mehrauli Badarpur Road (Saket), New Delhi. It was a simple affair and did not need any help from external source.

Just try to find out from their office on the process and see if it is necc to have a lawyer.

PS: Don't go solely by what is mentioned on the website. I've seen people being turned down due to XYZ doc missing (even though it's not mentioned in the website) or due to some appointment misalignment.

When it comes to sarkaari kaam you can be certain only if you talk to the people incharge in person.

Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi All,

Would sincerely appreciate, if you could suggest me a good lawyer as i want to get my marriage registered. My wife belongs to Delhi and we are now residing in Gurgaon. Our marriage took place in Delhi.

I did contact few lawyers, but they are really charging some stupid money like 10-15k even one asked for 30k, where as i know its not lengthy or expensive process.

Thanks in advance

Amit
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2013, 19:22   #49
BHPian
 
amitpunjani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 451
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Marriage Registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Hi Amit
I am not aware of the complications you are facing due to your residence changes because of which you seeking a lawyer.

But in most straight forward cases you don't need one.

I got my registration done at Marriage registration office at Mehrauli Badarpur Road (Saket), New Delhi. It was a simple affair and did not need any help from external source.

Just try to find out from their office on the process and see if it is necc to have a lawyer.

PS: Don't go solely by what is mentioned on the website. I've seen people being turned down due to XYZ doc missing (even though it's not mentioned in the website) or due to some appointment misalignment.

When it comes to sarkaari kaam you can be certain only if you talk to the people incharge in person.

Good luck!!
Thanks Buddy! I have been told its straight forward process, but the issue is Time and more than that its issue of getting hold of the rite person. I don't mind spending a bit but want to get the work done in one visit. We both are working, not possible to visit again and again court.

As you ritely mentioned,the key is to get hold of rite person.

Thanks for your help

Amit
amitpunjani is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 09:02   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 4,924
Thanked: 1,912 Times
Question Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

CA BHPians need your advise fast.

In case of one property being declared as notional let out, the annual lettable value is either the notional annual value or the annual rent actually recieved whichever is higher. The notional annual value is the reasonable rent based on the rateable value fixed by the Municipal corporation for residential purposes times the area of the property. So my question is can the Notional annual value be used as the actual rent received.
For eg the notional annual value calculated is 12000/- (0.85 X 850 X 12)as per the rateable value fixed by Municipal corporation. Can I show this as the annual value or should I show more than this? Coz 0.85 factor is used by TMC to calculate the property taxes.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 13:38   #51
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,850
Thanked: 15,406 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

I have a question. If you buy something online from a local retailer, and they do not ship item even after one month, is it possible to register an FIR under section 420(cheating)?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 21:28   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 160
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Hi Guys

This pertains to my cousin brother whose full and final settlement is not being done by his former company which is into the equity markets.

He resigned from the company last december ( dec 2011) and 90 days was laid down as per company to settle dues.

Now from last ten months he has been following up for the 'F & F' settlement but the company is not responding to emails and when he does get someone on the phone , they say they are looking into it. The MD of the company doesnt come on the phone and basically it looks like they don't want to pay.

He has resigned as per company norms and nothing is pending from his side.

Now, does it help if :
a. He goes to the Labour office and registers a complaint? ( After checking out on the net, it seems the labour office would only take up cases if the salary is below 15 k.) So effectively this is ruled out.

b. Send a lawyer notice? Does a civil case work or would it just drag for years and any hope at that time for the employee?

c.Can any criminal case be filed?

d. Any other suggestions?

Most importantly as the top officials of the company have such a attitude that do what you want, we don't care and we wont pay.
Would any one be knowing if sending a legal notice would help or filing a criminal case ( if possible)

So is there any way to get work on this issue or do we have to accept that being in India there are no laws to protect the employee and we have to accept this also and say ' hota hai' and move on in life?

BTW, the amount comes to around 2.8 lakhs receivable.

Its a Delhi based company and my cousin bro worked in bangalore for the company.

Thanks
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 12:02   #53
BHPian
 
setuniket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida|Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Hi All,

Would sincerely appreciate, if you could suggest me a good lawyer as i want to get my marriage registered. My wife belongs to Delhi and we are now residing in Gurgaon. Our marriage took place in Delhi.

I did contact few lawyers, but they are really charging some stupid money like 10-15k even one asked for 30k, where as i know its not lengthy or expensive process.

Thanks in advance

Amit

@amit from what I know, lawyers handling marriage registration usually charge around 10-15k(yes i know sounds atrocious) I would suggest you to check the website once and visit the concerned office and check personally, about procedure and the documentation. The office will also tell you the time frame and no of visits required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hi Guys

This pertains to my cousin brother whose full and final settlement is not being done by his former company which is into the equity markets.

He resigned from the company last december ( dec 2011) and 90 days was laid down as per company to settle dues.

Now from last ten months he has been following up for the 'F & F' settlement but the company is not responding to emails and when he does get someone on the phone , they say they are looking into it. The MD of the company doesnt come on the phone and basically it looks like they don't want to pay.

He has resigned as per company norms and nothing is pending from his side.

Now, does it help if :
a. He goes to the Labour office and registers a complaint? ( After checking out on the net, it seems the labour office would only take up cases if the salary is below 15 k.) So effectively this is ruled out.

b. Send a lawyer notice? Does a civil case work or would it just drag for years and any hope at that time for the employee?

c.Can any criminal case be filed?

d. Any other suggestions?

Most importantly as the top officials of the company have such a attitude that do what you want, we don't care and we wont pay.
Would any one be knowing if sending a legal notice would help or filing a criminal case ( if possible)

So is there any way to get work on this issue or do we have to accept that being in India there are no laws to protect the employee and we have to accept this also and say ' hota hai' and move on in life?

BTW, the amount comes to around 2.8 lakhs receivable.

Its a Delhi based company and my cousin bro worked in bangalore for the company.

Thanks
@rajinibm: Usually in cases where your money is due, legal notice from a lawyer is suffice, however a suit for recovery of money due is one remedy available. One other option is to file a petition for winding up of the company, in that case the company will pay you up instead of being wound up.

For regular civil case, time frame depends on the type of case, forum and pending matters in the court, only a local lawyer where you intend to file the suit can give you definitive opinion about time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have a question. If you buy something online from a local retailer, and they do not ship item even after one month, is it possible to register an FIR under section 420(cheating)?
Its all about their intention, have they given you any reason for not shipping the product?

Last edited by setuniket : 19th January 2013 at 12:04.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 21:36   #54
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,513 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

can someone advise on the procedure for forming a apartment welfare association? do we really need a lawyer to help with the legalities or is it something we (apartment owners) can do on our own?

this is for a small apartment block (11 flats) in Bangalore.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 21:49   #55
BHPian
 
setuniket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida|Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
can someone advise on the procedure for forming a apartment welfare association? do we really need a lawyer to help with the legalities or is it something we (apartment owners) can do on our own?

this is for a small apartment block (11 flats) in Bangalore.
Welfare associations are usually society registered under the Societies Registration Act, the relevant local law for Karnataka is The Karnataka Societies Registration Act .

You really dont need a lawyer for the procedural formalities as that can be taken care by the local agent at the Registrar's office. For drafting the Memorandum and Rules and Regulations, I would however recommend to get it drafted from a person who as knowledge of law, which the agent can take care of or get it done from a lawyer.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 00:35   #56
BHPian
 
Enigmatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Doon
Posts: 416
Thanked: 464 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have a question. If you buy something online from a local retailer, and they do not ship item even after one month, is it possible to register an FIR under section 420(cheating)?
TSK sorry for the late reply but here it is :-

Firstly some facts are needed:-
1)What was the promised date ?
2)Have you contacted the seller ?
3)What has been the sellers response to the same ?

Given the present state, i am assuming that there was a promised date and the item has yet not been shipped to you.

As per the law-Indian Contract Act 1872 the seller has committed a fraud. Section 17 of the aforementioned act says the following(kindly read the part highlighted) :-

"Fraud" means and includes any of the following acts committed by a party to a contract, or with his connivance, or by his agents, with intent to deceive another party thereto his agent, or to induce him to enter into the contract;

(1) the suggestion as a fact, of that which is not true, by one who does not believe it to be true;

(2) the active concealment of a fact by one having knowledge or belief of the fact;

(3) a promise made without any intention of performing it;

(4) any other act fitted to deceive;

(5) any such act or omission as the law specially declares to be fraudulent.



There has been a contractual relationship between the seller and you and the seller has given his word for the same i.e a promise which can be further understood from section 9 of the aforementioned act :-

In so far as the proposal or acceptance of any promise is made in words, the promise is said to be express. In so far as such proposal or acceptance is made otherwise than in words, the promise is said to be implied.


Hence there existed a promise which arose in relation to a proposal and acceptance which in return lead to a contractual relationship between the seller and you. In respect of this contractual relationship, the seller should have honored his commitment which he did not and hence he has committed a fraud.

Hence a complaint can be lodged against the seller under section 420 of IPC which states the following :-

Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property.-- Whoever cheats and thereby dishonestly induces the person deceived to deliver any property to any person, or to make, alter or destroy the whole or any part of a valuable security, or anything which is signed or sealed, and which is capable of being converted into a valuable security, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine. Of fraudulent deeds and dispositions of property.


However you should know that if the seller has an honest and bona-fide reason as to the delay in delivery caused then you cannot go forward with a criminal charge(i.e. 420) however a compensation in monetary terms can be asked for .

Hope this helps.

P.S. I am not a lawyer but a 3rd year law student.
Enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 11:20   #57
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,850
Thanked: 15,406 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

thank you so much Enigmatic.
After threat of police complaint, timtara has gone ahead and shipped the phone. They took 40 days. There are people who have not got their products even after 3 months. I guess they haven't tried the police complaint route.
I wish there was a separate law to bring such online sellers to task. The govt seems happier targeting some harmless people making funny cartoons, while allowing swindlers go scot free
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 11:27   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,513 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
Welfare associations are usually society registered under the Societies Registration Act, the relevant local law for Karnataka is The Karnataka Societies Registration Act .

You really dont need a lawyer for the procedural formalities as that can be taken care by the local agent at the Registrar's office. For drafting the Memorandum and Rules and Regulations, I would however recommend to get it drafted from a person who as knowledge of law, which the agent can take care of or get it done from a lawyer.
thanks a lot for the information

by memorandum and R&R you're referring to the by-laws for the association?


Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
thank you so much Enigmatic.
After threat of police complaint, timtara has gone ahead and shipped the phone. They took 40 days. There are people who have not got their products even after 3 months. I guess they haven't tried the police complaint route.
I wish there was a separate law to bring such online sellers to task. The govt seems happier targeting some harmless people making funny cartoons, while allowing swindlers go scot free
i had similar experience from Indiaplaza! i bought a RC truck (sort of looked like Chevy Avalanche) worth 3k change but after a few days they sent me plastic toy - the sort you get on the footpath for 10 bucks!

i had to run around for more than a month and go to their office and threaten them to return my money!

these guys are cheats; after my experience i read a lot about these fellows on the net - nothing positive. keep away from them.

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th January 2013 at 16:37. Reason: 2 smileys ONLY :)
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 17:09   #59
BHPian
 
setuniket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Noida|Delhi
Posts: 114
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

thanks a lot for the information

by memorandum and R&R you're referring to the by-laws for the association?
Yes, by-laws for the association.
setuniket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 17:37   #60
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Calling Lawyers & CAs on this forum to provide free consultations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
thank you so much Enigmatic.
After threat of police complaint, timtara has gone ahead and shipped the phone. They took 40 days. There are people who have not got their products even after 3 months. I guess they haven't tried the police complaint route.
I wish there was a separate law to bring such online sellers to task. The govt seems happier targeting some harmless people making funny cartoons, while allowing swindlers go scot free
Dear tsk1979/Enigmatic,

Hope I am not hijacking the thread

Timtara is online shop run by bunch of fraudsters,

I also bought MMX Super canvas 2 110 for my wife, on Nov 16th, no delivery even after 6 weeks, Since I had paid through ICICI CC, I raised transaction dispute on 31st Dec 2012 and I could see that order status at Timtara changed to payment refund pending since 2nd Jan 2013 but till date they have not refunded the amount.

Since I have raised the transaction dispute with bank, can I still go ahead and file police complaint.
Kmurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Calling doctors/dentists/specialists on Team-BHP to provide free consultations Tejas@perioimpl Shifting gears 2663 16th August 2017 19:11
Tata SKY / Dish / CAS what is your choice .... all south delhi BHPians whatcanthisbe Gadgets, Computers & Software 1 29th December 2006 10:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks