Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 18:42   #46
BHPian
 
AlphaKilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: VOMM-EDDW-EDDM
Posts: 773
Thanked: 362 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The Air Force's MiG-29s are undergoing upgrades that has made/will make it a completely different beast(structurally similar to MiG-29SMT, but internally similar to Navy's MiG-29K standards). Atleast one them is back on Indian shores after upgrades in Russia. No.47 Sqdn is slated to be the first one to fly the upgraded MiG-29s. I expected that the upgraded Fulcrum will be present at AI'13. but sadly it looks like it isn't
Not just one! 3 are back. (Ref: Bharat-rakshak info http://en.take-off.ru/pdf_to/to25.pdf )

Quote:
The Navy's MiG-29K/KUBs are already fully operational with the Navy's No. 303 "Black Panthers" squadron.
Thanks for confirming the Sqn. name.

Edit: Rafael live webcast: http://rafale.co.in/index.php/en/201...vents.html?v=1

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 6th February 2013 at 18:43.
AlphaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 19:05   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 1,976
Thanked: 968 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Aircraft may come and aircrasft may go, but you will be hard pressed to find an aircraft with greater visual impact that the mighty Flanker!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 20:14   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
vivekiny2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cincinnati, jabalpur,chennai
Posts: 1,241
Thanked: 163 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

All this talk of helicopter names made me realize how important is version control.
vivekiny2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 20:57   #49
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,513 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
All this talk of helicopter names made me realize how important is version control.


You should've posted this in the jokes thread!

IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 20:59   #50
BHPian
 
neel385's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kharagpur
Posts: 527
Thanked: 391 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

@Skanchan 95, Alpha kilo, Sandy X, guys you were right. I was not aware of the Army mod of the Dhruv and thought that the LCH and the Rudra are the same. My mistake!

Seen the LCH in action though...pretty good it is!!

@vivekiny2k, it was more a case of a person thinking he knew!!, but didn't!!

Last edited by neel385 : 6th February 2013 at 21:00.
neel385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 22:56   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,017
Thanked: 4,197 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Going there tomorrow guys. No DSLR. Think I will shoot some ground pictures. Any highlights or activities there?
audioholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 08:27   #52
BHPian
 
kousik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Looking forward to attend it on Saturday morning. Will post pics over the weekend.

One confusion (off topic) -- I registered online as a general visitor on weekend and paid 500 (+ whatever) on my credit card (painstakingly, individually for everyone in family). Now all I have an e-mail with a unique registration id. Do I need to take a printout of the same at the venue? Is there a counter at venue where I have to show the e-mail (and a photo ID) and get tickets issued? Or do I have to go to axis bank (with the e-mail) to get tickets? I don't want to land up there to hear I should have gone to X to get my tickets.
kousik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 09:31   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Quote:
One confusion (off topic) -- I registered online as a general visitor on weekend and paid 500 (+ whatever) on my credit card (painstakingly, individually for everyone in family). Now all I have an e-mail with a unique registration id. Do I need to take a printout of the same at the venue? Is there a counter at venue where I have to show the e-mail (and a photo ID) and get tickets issued? Or do I have to go to axis bank (with the e-mail) to get tickets? I don't want to land up there to hear I should have gone to X to get my tickets.
There seems to be a lot of confusion over the "unique reg Id", I would suggest you pick up your tickets at an Axis bank branch, the venue on saturday will be quite chaotic.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 10:01   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 3,150 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

^^ +1 to that. Also, Axis bank Indiranagar was chaotic when I visited last saturday. Decided to check in Axis bank MG road since I was headed that way and found it better managed.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 11:03   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 190
Thanked: 26 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

For the benefit of all of us, can someone who has already gone through the process of booking tickets, registering and visiting, list out the steps involved and the things to avoid.

The Aero India site has very minimal information for the general public category.
rajakumar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 11:26   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,513 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
There seems to be a lot of confusion over the "unique reg Id", I would suggest you pick up your tickets at an Axis bank branch, the venue on saturday will be quite chaotic.
oh yes! remember that all too well from last time! at the 500/- gate, there was commotion with regards to checking/issuing of tickets. finally the MPs came out and our local police also was there and guess what - they had a tiff on who's turf it was!!

finally, they closed the counter and went inside the AFB compound! the spectators who had come there for the show were to fend for themselves. that's when Amitoj and myself changed plans and got them business tickets (the 1500/- ones). between the tussle, finding parking (and walking almost 2km to the gate) and getting the business passes, we lost a good 3hrs!!

so plan ahead!
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 11:48   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
.....between the tussle, finding parking (and walking almost 2km to the gate) and getting the business passes, we lost a good 3hrs!!
That means it happens every year !! I had gone through the same pain in 2011. Standing for an hour with the print-out, getting the passes, walking all the way to the side gate (through Ryan school route) and face another crowd push & pull there. Not forgetting the record quantity of dust I breathed that day (not at display area, but parking & entry gates).
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 11:57   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,465
Thanked: 692 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

I am not sure where all these wonderful machines will be really used for their real purpose. I envy the guys who will have fun flying these astonishing machines
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 12:03   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,504
Thanked: 3,513 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
That means it happens every year !! I had gone through the same pain in 2011. Standing for an hour with the print-out, getting the passes, walking all the way to the side gate (through Ryan school route) and face another crowd push & pull there. Not forgetting the record quantity of dust I breathed that day (not at display area, but parking & entry gates).
i was referring to 2011's Aero India itself! wait a minute - you were there? there were quite a few BHPians there i guess, saw many stickered cars, but didn't bump into any.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 12:10   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,575
Thanked: 269 Times
Default Re: Aero India 2013 - Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i was referring to 2011's Aero India itself! wait a minute - you were there? there were quite a few BHPians there i guess, saw many stickered cars, but didn't bump into any.
Yes, I was there, but did not take my car that time, went with a bhpian. Came back with another bhpian
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore mpksuhas Shifting gears 80 22nd February 2017 23:50
Caparo to bring Hyundai Aero Buses to India Blue Thunder Commercial Vehicles 35 7th January 2014 21:05
Aero India 2011 - Airshow in Bangalore punterccrx8s Shifting gears 178 21st January 2013 15:57
SSC Ultimate Aero to be launched in India. manishasrani Super-Cars & Imports in India 57 19th January 2010 07:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks